• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Awesome. Yeah, I was looking for mainly video game type stuff. As for the friend code stuff, I'm not sure how it would work. I just recently bought my 2ds + omega ruby and pokemon x. I've completed the games, but i keep restarting my games, because i love playing nuzlocke challenges, although I'm not very good at them. I'm not really into battling, mainly because i have no idea how to. I'm willing to learn though.

Years
  • Hello! Welcome (back) to the forum. We have a lot of similar interests!

I joined PC in 2009 looking for Shinygold hack as well. I'm so glad I discovered PC, because I've been here and loved it ever since! I'm a senior in college and also run track and field. My favorite Pokemon would be Umbreon. I love its design. Favorite mega? That would be Houndoom. It's awesome. I wish it were better at battling though haha.

Anyway, if you need help with anything or wana chat, reach out :)

Years
  • Hello to you too Dom! Always awesome to have more friendly faces around this great forum, and I hope everything's going well on your end of things too.

I did see you over in the Adoption Center earlier, so good luck with getting a mentor to help you with whatever you want to learn. As mentioned above, there's some links for sharing your Friend Code and looking for specific X/Y Friend Safaris, but playing Nuzlockes is pretty fun as well so I can imagine you're enjoying them a lot. Sadly I'm not much of a challenges player myself but we do have a fun Challenges section where there's a Nuzlocke thread you can check out.

Well, good luck with everything and if you ever want to make a new friend or just wish to chat feel free to leave a visitor message on my profile, or contact a staff member if you have questions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, you were here since 2009. This is a nice return!

Welcome back to PC, buddy. Similarly to you, I've also gotten here initially because of ROM hacking, which I'd found to be very fun. Personally, I would say I was decent at doing graphical work. I've wanted to learn how to script, but sadly, I haven't managed to get around to that.

Mega-Sableye is one of my favorites, too. Although its appearance might not be prettiest, when it comes to battling, this Pokémon could be very much useful. I hope you like it here, Slim; please stick around.

Years
  • Hey there I'm new here

Well hello there, and it's so nice to see you!

I noticed those numbers in your username is Gallade's Pokedex number so no surprise you're a fan. I do like Gardevoir better, but Gallade has his traits as well. There's so much to do around here so feel free to explore and see what interests you, or you can tell us about yourself. We're always eager to know more about our new guys!

Guess I'd leave things to you for now, because I don't want to hog up all the attention (lol) but if you ever want to talk I'm always happy to accept a visitor message from you! Good luck and hopefully you'll stick around.

Drakohart

Wrath
    Years
  • Hello Everyone! I'm Drako, and I am a recovering pokehol..... wait wait wait. Actually, to tell the truth. I was big into pokemon when I was a kid, up through GSC. Then I didn't get a GBA for a while, got Emerald and beat it. Now I play Pokemon X since I finally decided to re-emerse myself. So to me, this like 300 new Pokemon. Anyways, I probably won't be such a "regular" as I would like to be. But I am up for chit chatting, learning new things (I am really taking on to trying to breed perfect IVs and for a shiny).

Reactions: llr

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Emo-Emolga! Hey peeps, didn't even notice this thread. I'm already loving the place and having great chats with some mods/admins already such a nice community :)

Years
  • Hey i'm new here! The website rocks for sure!

Hello again! I did notice you took interest in the Nuzlocke thread over in Challenges, so good luck because those challenges are hard, but just wait until you see the various spin-offs, such as the even harder Wedlocke, and also the luck-based unexpectedness of the Wonderlocke. And thanks for that nice comment, PC really is awesome isn't it?

Hello Everyone! I'm Drako, and I am a recovering pokehol..... wait wait wait. Actually, to tell the truth. I was big into pokemon when I was a kid, up through GSC. Then I didn't get a GBA for a while, got Emerald and beat it. Now I play Pokemon X since I finally decided to re-emerse myself. So to me, this like 300 new Pokemon. Anyways, I probably won't be such a "regular" as I would like to be. But I am up for chit chatting, learning new things (I am really taking on to trying to breed perfect IVs and for a shiny).

Hello there and welcome, Drako! I can understand how many have been in your situation, taking a hiatus from Pokemon only to return in the latest generation which has actually seen many returning to the franchise lately. You'll never be short of stuff to discuss here, whether it'd be a Pokemon topic or not.

Anyways, I hope you can stick around and do enjoy your time posting here!

Emo-Emolga! Hey peeps, didn't even notice this thread. I'm already loving the place and having great chats with some mods/admins already such a nice community :)

Yeah I know you're loving the community already, but nice to see you pop by this thread as well. The staff members here are much friendlier than you expect them to be, and it seems like you're already learning so much about this community, and we always like to make the new guys feel at home here so I'm sure you'll be busy getting to learn more of the ropes.

I'm still always here if you ever need to talk while you're feeling bored or even a bit down.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Hola!

Hello, I wish I knew Spanish. Maybe I could learn some from Gloria (Modern family?) :)

Years
  • Emo-Emolga! Hey peeps, didn't even notice this thread. I'm already loving the place and having great chats with some mods/admins already such a nice community :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the forum! PC has a ton of friendly people, thats what I love about it. Hope to see around the forum more :)

Hola!

Hello, I wish I knew Spanish. Maybe I could learn some from Gloria (Modern family?) :)

Haha! Gloria is so funny. I took spanish in high school for like 2 years but remember very little from it. Oops! Haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    Hello, fellow PC users. I'm new here, and I hope to have a long and pleasant stay.

I discovered the existence of hacked ROMs rather recently, and that was initially why I was here. However, the people here seem very friendly, and I look forward to making some acquaintances here.

Cheers.

Years
  • Hello, fellow PC users. I'm new here, and I hope to have a long and pleasant stay.

I discovered the existence of hacked ROMs rather recently, and that was initially why I was here. However, the people here seem very friendly, and I look forward to making some acquaintances here.

Cheers.

Hello to you as well! So awesome to have you here Pinkguy, and yes you are correct about PC being friendly, and we love having new guys come around because you can never have too many new friends. So, is there anything we'd like us to know about yourself? Getting to know what interests you have can help us recommend sections you might like here, or you can explore yourself and get involved in whatever catches your eye.

Good luck and I hope you can have fun sticking around, making new friends and best of all enjoying yourself as part of the community. If you ever want to talk, feel free to shoot me a visitor message!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    Hello to you as well! So awesome to have you here Pinkguy, and yes you are correct about PC being friendly, and we love having new guys come around because you can never have too many new friends. So, is there anything we'd like us to know about yourself? Getting to know what interests you have can help us recommend sections you might like here, or you can explore yourself and get involved in whatever catches your eye.

Good luck and I hope you can have fun sticking around, making new friends and best of all enjoying yourself as part of the community. If you ever want to talk, feel free to shoot me a visitor message!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not really an outgoing guy myself, but it's always good to see a friendly face in a new place.

I've looked around, pretty much everything is interesting. Best of all this place is active as hell. I may take you up on your offer, Hikamaru, thank you.

brickuponbricks

tobygamer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2022
    Hey everyone, brickuponbricks here, just saying hi, I'm new to pretty much gen 4/5 up, just got back into pokemon recently and decided to make a rom hack. But I have little to no experience with ROM hacking. Anyway, the main reason; I'm new to ROM hacking, but I've tried making one game. I really need a good text editor, that isn't "Advancetext" or "thingy", otherwise my gym leaders have their normal name outside of battle, but edited name in battle, bit annoying. Also, my title screen editing skills are horrible, so I'm hoping someone here knows how to do it and will teach me (or will do it for me). But yeah, here it is:
    https://tobybase.weebly.com/pokemon-adaptive-version.html
    POKEMON ADAPTIVE VERSION is at about 12%, I still need trainer (sprite), event, map, text, and Pokemon editing to do. If anyone helps (in a major-ish way) I'll put them in the game as a LEADER, member of the ELITE FOUR, or just a TRAINER, with your pick of Pokemon. Here's hoping for a decent hack. The story'll be something along the lines of; you are the son of a gym leader/scientist, who wants to recreate a whole new Pokemon based on Mew/Mewtwo, so he gives you the choice between different adaptive Pokemon to try to find some of their strengths and weaknesses. You then encounter an evil team wanting to take your Pokemon to do the same thing but for less noble purposes.
    Its a WIP, okay? Not perfect by any means.

Years
  • Hey everyone, brickuponbricks here, just saying hi, I'm new to pretty much gen 4/5 up, just got back into pokemon recently and decided to make a rom hack. But I have little to no experience with ROM hacking. Anyway, the main reason; I'm new to ROM hacking, but I've tried making one game. I really need a good text editor, that isn't "Advancetext" or "thingy", otherwise my gym leaders have their normal name outside of battle, but edited name in battle, bit annoying. Also, my title screen editing skills are horrible, so I'm hoping someone here knows how to do it and will teach me (or will do it for me). But yeah, here it is:
    https://tobybase.weebly.com/pokemon-adaptive-version.html
    POKEMON ADAPTIVE VERSION is at about 12%, I still need trainer (sprite), event, map, text, and Pokemon editing to do. If anyone helps (in a major-ish way) I'll put them in the game as a LEADER, member of the ELITE FOUR, or just a TRAINER, with your pick of Pokemon. Here's hoping for a decent hack. The story'll be something along the lines of; you are the son of a gym leader/scientist, who wants to recreate a whole new Pokemon based on Mew/Mewtwo, so he gives you the choice between different adaptive Pokemon to try to find some of their strengths and weaknesses. You then encounter an evil team wanting to take your Pokemon to do the same thing but for less noble purposes.
    Its a WIP, okay? Not perfect by any means.

Hi there Brick! Great to have you here.

I'm sadly not really good in ROM Hacking knowledge, but why not consider looking around the Beginner's Lounge in the ROM Hacking section? It's a great place for newcomers to hacking such as yourself to get assistance from expert hackers, and even if you're still stuck you can always contact the mods of that section, Christos and Spherical Ice.

Hope you get the assistance you need, and I wish you best of luck with your hacking endeavors as well. Enjoy your time here at PC!

Years
  • Hey Gallade how are you doing? I hope you're enjoying PC so far and I do hope you'll be around for a while. Do you have any interests in real life or any around the forums?
    Yeah, I enjoy playing hacks and
    making sprites.

Well hello there, and it's so nice to see you!
    I noticed those numbers in your username is Gallade's Pokedex number so no surprise you're a fan. I do like Gardevoir better, but Gallade has his traits as well. There's so much to do around here so feel free to explore and see what interests you, or you can tell us about yourself. We're always eager to know more about our new guys!
    Guess I'd leave things to you for now, because I don't want to hog up all the attention (lol) but if you ever want to talk I'm always happy to accept a visitor message from you! Good luck and hopefully you'll stick around.
    Yeah,Gallade's one of my favorite.Thanks see you around

Ruby Rose

Drinks Milk B]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2015
    Hello^_^
    I'm Ruby Rose but I'll answer to Red, Ruby, or Rose.=] I just signed up today on this forums and already found it to my liking and am looking forward chat with people on here or maybe do a bit of RP :3 If you haven't noticed, RWBY is my favorite anime but I also like the manga/anime ReserVoir Chronicle: Tsubasa. LoZ WindWaker is my favorite video game and I have only played Pokemon a few times on a gameboy long ago(before my mum sold both mine and my bro's gameboys ;w;) But I watch plenty of the older episodes of the show, collect some of the cards, and currently own(along with my bro)Pokemon Stadiums for Nintendo 64 and Dark Gales Rising for GameCube :] Hope to make alot of neat friends on here and I apologize in advance if I get a bit inactive at times for I am busy IRL with writing a novel, doing homework, helping out in my family, or just have a busy week schedule >_<

Reactions: llr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back