• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie to the Pokemon World!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Hiiii everyone! I know I'm extremely late getting on the Pokemon bandwagon >.< I've watched the shows and stuff and I've seen my friends playing but I honestly don't know why I never played. I recently started Pokemon Y and I love it :)

Hope to meet some new friends!

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • :) welcome!

It's good that you've decided to start anyway, even though it's late (can't disagree with that :P)!
    I'll be happy to be a friend, request on the way! Maybe you can tell us something more about you?

If there's anything you need help with, just ask ^^

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, hop aboard the PC-Train and get ready for tracks full of pleasure, it's great to have ya' on board! Welcome! It's nice to meet you today; I'm glad that you're loving pokemon Y - I have it myself, and I do agree that it's a good pokemon game to play! I started pokemon when I was 5 myself, and yeah, it's pretty fun, even today. ^^

I'll be glad to be your friend; feel free to send me a FR, or you know, we can just chat on VMs or PMs too! That'd be cool! If you need any help, I'll be here for you too, or any other staff member can help you out as well! Have a pleasant stay! <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! I would love to add you guys on to my friend's list. I'm gonna post up my friend's code in a bit.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Years
  • Hi Meemster, nice to meet you!

Making an introduction thread was a great first step since you'll eventually meet potential new friends from the intro alone. Everyone here is very friendly and love having fresh faces on board, I know how excited I get when I see a new person every day and I'm sure you are no different. Glad to see you're enjoying Pokemon Y so far, 6th Gen has some pretty cool Pokemon I gotta admit.

Anyways, I do look forward to chatting with you during your time here. If you ever need a friend I'm always open for a visitor message or friend request anytime, plus if you need help don't hesitate to ask a staff member in the bold usernames who browse the forums. Have fun and enjoy your stay!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • I know the feeling. I was not a huge fan as a kid, but I was a bit familiar with the anime. However, I only knew about the first two generations of pokemon. I also had a few toys from fast food places, special trinkets, and a Jigglypuff backpack.

I played Monster Galaxy on Facebook which is the same concept as Pokemon and...bored that no one played anymore, a friend sent me the GBA emulator and a few Pokemon roms. I have since downloaded some more. I've been hooked ever since...and that was like...3 months ago.

Since Pokemon seems to remain a big thing and keeps renewing itself, I don't think there is truly a "late" time :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Updating my friend code. Let me know if you add me so that I can add you too!! :)

4124-6289-3074

... stupid question. How does the VM work? >_<

Last edited:

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Meemster said:
    ... stupid question. How does the VM work? >_<
    This is not a stupid question ;) The VM system is like the "Wall" feature on facebook. You go to somebody's profile, and there you can post a message. The member you sent it to will get a notification, and he will check his profile. On his/her turn, he/she will go to your profile (or click the "View Conversation" link on the bottom right of the VM) and he/she will leave a reply to that message, which will be displayed on your profile. It's just like the PM system, but this is a bit faster to communicate ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Thanks so much mr. Alpha :)

Oh, I'm adding your fc if that's ok :)

Years
  • Oh no, it's never late. Believe it or not but we have a lot of people here who are new to Pokemon as well so no worries at all. Welcome! :D

Which starter did you pick in Y? I chose Chespin in my X and just bought a plushie of him at the toy store today. Kind of want to buy Y sometime so I could replay it.. really don't want to delete the file on X, cries. Pokemon is that addicting and there really is a whole lot to do! Be sure to post around the Pokemon X & Y board to share your thoughts with us. It even has a travel journal thread where you can keep track of your progress.

Have an amazin' stay on the forum, all right? Glad to see you're already making friends here. See you around! :-3

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Hi Cirno! Thanks for the welcome! I picked Fennekin as my starter :) That's so cool you found a Chespin plushie! I haven't had a chance to go look for any of the plushies yet but I do want one! I have Y right now and it's great. I know what you mean by wanting to get the other version just to start the adventure over again :)

Years
  • >.> It so needs to be a rom soon. I want to play XY so bad. I always start with a water type myself. Froakie obviously would then be my pick.

I've found that water works best for most early levels...but dang it's hard to get a fire type early in the game... That's the best team for early on. Fire and water. UNSTOPPABLE!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Back