• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next game: sequel, remake, or revisit?

Pick one:

• Alola Sequel

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Sinnoh Remake

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Gen 8

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Oh, well that's annoying! I have to CHOOSE?!?! I honestly want everything :p
    Maybe sinnoh remakes, although if they can make the best games better, I really want that.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think a Sinnoh remake is coming next, since we've recently had Gen 3 remade, but like ORAS I wouldn't be surprised if it works as a kind-of-sequel.

As much as DPPt are my least favourite generation (mostly because of the story and loose ends. Cyrus basically just vanishes and then Galactic disband? It just seems rather unrealistic and a bit weak plot-wise...) I really feel with the premise of Ultra Beasts and Wormholes they could really make the Sinnoh story into something amazing like they did with ORAS. The set up is already there for them. Dialga and Palkia are pokemon of time and space, and Giratina lives in another world. I wouldn't be surprised if the Distortion World ends up being a form of Ultra Space and Giratina turns out to be an Ultra Beast. Its Origin Forme does look rather strange compared to other pokemon. Maybe Cyrus has no idea and ends up accidentally unleashing Ultra Beasts into Sinnoh, or the story could pick up where the first DPPt ended and have him make his way back out of the Distortion World only to be followed by the Ultra Beasts? There is so much they could do with this, and I would love to see something a little different to the first DPPt games (and not just have Cyrus and Galactic vanish!)

I would also love a sequel to Sun and Moon, but after X and Y didn't get one I'm not holding out too much hope.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What they should really do is release two games: one a Platinum (Platinum is objectively superior to Diamond/Pearl) remake or sequel or something, and a a Sun/Moon 3rd version/sequel/prequel or something, then have the two be directly connected somehow. If they really want to keep doing things differently, that'd fit in with it.

or something like that

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Hopefully we can explore Sinnoh with even more depth. It would be interesting if any "older" Pokémon have a connection to Ultra Beasts...or we could even be able to see the Distortion World with better graphics.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that the rumored 'Pokemon Stars' will be next (on the switch) with DPP remakes on the Switch coming out in 2019. 2019 will keep the pattern of a remake coming out every 5 years ( *cue SM debut trailer announcer voice* 2004- FrLG, 2009- HgSs, 2014- OrAs, and in 2019... DP remakes!)

User19sq

I love how nobody so far thinks it's Gen VIII. XDDDDD

I say remake is a good choice, but in terms of Alola, it'll be sequel. My vote is cast!

Years
    Sun and Moon sequels are possible, but I think a remake is coming next. Probably DPPt remakes, but could be B/W remakes, since there were quite a few Unova references and characters appearing in the games.

Kanto though? Doubtful. We've had that remade too much already.

I hope they make a Kanto version with Lily's story. I'd love to see Kanto in the 3d new gen style. Playing GBA emulators is getting old for that region haha.

Years
    I want to see a Sinnoh remake primarily for nostalgia. Pokemon Pearl was the first Pokemon game I have ever played, so to see Sinnoh redesigned with Gen VII's beautiful graphics would be incredible. Plus, Game Freak has only broken the pattern of new game followed by remake once, so there is a pretty decent chance for the Sinnoh remake. However, Game Freak has openly stated that they want to surprise people, so perhaps they'll mix up the pattern again...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think it's hard to say with any certainty since they've been so unpredictable in recent times.

If I had to choose I'd say a sequel game (such as the rumour "Stars") seems the most likely. I don't really expect the Sinnoh remake until 8th gen.

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    I'd really like it if they went for a follow-on game linking Alola and Kanto. I think being able to travel between the two would be quite fun, as well as having a continuation of Lillie's story. I'm thinking it could be a remake of Diamond and Pearl though.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It would actually be great to get both a sequel and a remake, then this gen would easily be my favourite. Even if the games following Sun and Moon aren't sequels, I'd still be happy if we got a third game that took place in Alola making it a counterpart to S/M which gets followed by a Sinnoh remake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    I personally think the next game is a sequel to SM since there are area where gyms can be built so I would to see that. But if they do a remake then gen 4 or 5 I would like to see. The new games should have something like trials instead of gyms since it was more fun and interesting plus a lot thought into it. The grass trial kick my butt five times before I beat it where I can breeze through gyms battle. Pokémon need to change it format for future games.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Everything have it's possibilities around gen7 and most likely not gen8.

[a] A sinnoh remake which we wait eagerly for it and hope it's better
    Most people would say Pokemon Star will be the next sequel after sun and moon.

However, Gen8 isn't not possible yet just Gen hoping think the developers putting new data and new location and stuff for the next gen, so it's mostly likely not possible or will occur in possible future date

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Id love to see a game set in Kanto that isnt a remake, follow Lily to Kanto and see what happens there.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    ^ yes, this is what I want. Gen 4 had so many good Pokemon, a beautiful region and really cool villainous team. and that was 10 years ago...I can only imagine what it will be like now

Back