• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next-Gen Controllers

Which controller(s) do you like best?

• Revolution

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • PS3

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • none. They all suck!

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Years
    In this thread, post your thoughts of the next-gen controllers and which one you like best.

Personally, I don't like any of them. The PS3 controller looks like a boomerang and seems like it'd be hard to control. The 360 controller layout is confusing, has too many buttons, and looks kinda blocky. and the Revolution controller had too few buttons and is just a gimmick to make nintendo money with all the "attachment" thingys. Not to mention the analog stick isn't even on the controller!

It seems to me that Sony, Microsoft, and nintendo made the controllers with intent to stand out, and they do. But my gamecube controller's better than all those combined.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Um. I heard that Sony was going to change their controller. I hope it's true. Unless they somehow make it worst. Then I hope it's not true o.o

devilicious

dream
    Years
    PlayStation 3:
    That boomerang thing sucks. Like Kenny said, they better change. And I see no button improvisation from the old Dual Shock, so it's not "new".

XBox 360:
    Still need some repairs. MicroSoft made it smaller, true, but it's a stupid controller, still. I dont like it.

Revolution:
    Yes. It's like a TV controller, and it is weird. But it shall be fun, and the plugin things, even that they make we spend more money, are the ultimate idea. Pwned~

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Revolution: I like the idea of the controller/remote. Being able to do an FPS and all that stuff. I give it a 10/10 for ideas and something new. But I give it a 2/10 on looks. It looks like a TV remote (I got a TV remote that's almost the same size), I'm not going to be one of them people that picks up the wrong remote. But it isn't something that looks all that good.

PS3: They better change the Batman boomerang look (I know they are going to change the controller but it better not look anything like that). It doesn't look like something I'd like to hold all day long. Unlike the Rev's controller where people went "Ok I like the Revolution controller better now because I know it can do all this" the PS3's never got that. It's just a wireless controller and can't do anything different then what the PS2's controller could do.

360: I do got to say that I'm not going to get a 360. But IMO their controller looks the best out of all three. Because, it's a GC rip off. In the Nintendo Fan Club I posted 2 pics, side by side of the GC controller and the 360 controller. The only thing different is the layout of the 4 buttons on the right. To me the GC has the best controller out there. And if Microsoft is taking the shape of the GC controller then they do got the best for the next gen.

Over all:
    Looks: 360
    Innovativeness: Revolution
    Fighting Crime: PS3 (I just had to throw that in there XD)

Years
    Personally... I wish Sony kept using the traditional Dual Shock look, Microsoft could improve on the Controller S and Nintendo should stuck with something that looks like the Gamecube controller, but make them like the Wavebird.

Right now... all 3 controllers look sucky. ><

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Can we get some pictures of these? I'm reading the descriptions and I'm very intrigued (sp?).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    corganzero said:
    Can we get some pictures of these? I'm reading the descriptions and I'm very intrigued (sp?).
    Here are pics of all three of the next gen controllers.

Nintendo Revolution
    Next-Gen Controllers

Microsoft XBox 360
    Next-Gen Controllers

Sony PlayStation 3
    Next-Gen Controllers

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    Wow I didnt know how much the controllers sucked until the pic came!

PS3: Cons-looks creepy/ ulgy!, looks like hard to get used to
    Pros-smooth sleek design, not too much botons, not bulky

360: Cons-Bulky, looks ugly
    Pros- the rubber thing, the botton positons , looks a little better than other 2

REV: Cons- it looks like a remote!?, only 10 bottons, looks creepy, easy to loose , hard to get used 2
    Pros- easy storage,

What the hell was netendo thinking!?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I like the Revolution controller the most. Although it looks odd, it's tempting me to play with it!

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I voted the 360 controller. Why, you may ask?

--Playstation 3-- The banana boomerang not only looks stupid, but it looks uncomfortable as well. Unless it feels good in one's hands, I'm hoping I can use my PS2 controllers on it.

--Revolution-- Utter feces, at the moment. A remote control... that works like a Xavix game? And with the jacked up joystick control that attachs to it to make it look like a jump rope (NOT a nunchaku, Iwata... you live in Japan, but you don't know what a bloody rice flail looks like?)... hey, I'm challenging Nintendo to change my mind, but currently, this is the crap of the crop.

--XBox 360-- They didn't really change much, and I like the color...

Overall, though, I'm not impressed at all with this generation's controllers. These guys need to fire some better R & D.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Xbox 360, it looks to me as the nicest looking controller of the three and if its anything like the original xbox controller it will has the right weight to sit perfectly in your lap.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    If you guys would spend time on the Nintendo Power boards at Nintendo.com, you will see how fierce a discussion like this is. :p

I believe the Revolution looks sleek, slick, and like an Ipod to a certain extent. Large gaming websites such as 1up, IGN, and Gamespot all say it is comfortable, and plays great with the demos they tried at the Tokyo Game Show in Japan.

I'm going with the Revolution, but I have tried the 360's, and it feels great, plays wonderful, and looks good.

The PS3 on the otherhand.. Stinks. :p

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    I voted for the Revolution controller, theres a lot you can do with it, FPS's and Sword fighters would be pretty good with it (who needs buttons!) and with those games that cant use that feature, theres the posibility of the shell, even if its not technically part of the controller.

Sony's acctually looks ok to me, but I'm odd and like odd things, some of you may know XD

MS' have always looks like a chunk of plastic, not in that insulting way, I mean it as it doasn't have much of a shape to it, like it melted.

I over-all go with the Revs, but this competition is pretty close... kinda

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You know, the new controllers seem a lot like some of the older controllers that I've seen in my time. Here are the comparisons I've drawn:

PS3 controller = Virtual Boy controller

Next-Gen Controllers

Despite its awkward-looking design, the Virtual Boy fits the hand very nicely and allows for a wide range of play options. The two D-Pads are similar to the dual shock joysticks and the long handles only allow for a better grip on the controller. But from looking at the VB controller, it's easy to see all comparisons to the PS3 controller.

Xbox 360 controller = Atari Jaguar controller

Next-Gen Controllers

Never been a fan of it...not much to say.

And the Nintendo Revolution controller draws and incredibly striking comparison to the Mattel Intellivison controller:

Next-Gen Controllers

And we all know what a MONSTER success the Intellivison was...

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Well, to be honest the Revolution controller is the best and I'll tell you why, short and sweet:

It could do anything the other two could (with the shell) and much more.

The 360 controller looks normal.

The PS3 controller looks like a boomerang but people say it is quite comfortable to hold.

Overall, I think Nintendo created the best controller and the possibilites are incredible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back