• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next or Future Pokemon Game Theory

Planetary legendary Pokemon?

• Yes! I would love these!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
Years
  • After watching a video by Marriland on YouTube today, I had a spark go off in my head somewhere about the next or a future game. The video I watched was about theory that there will be a new region sometime soon. The points that were made were valid and logical arguments. Also, we all know that Game Freak will continue to add new regions. As long as Pokemon has a following like this, that won't change. What was never said by Marriland though was WHERE the new region or game will be. Here is my theory I came up with after putting together some facts mentioned in his video and some connections that I made myself.

In the video, he mentioned that there was a war that took place 300 years ago during the construction of Parfum Palace. In case you aren't very good at history, Parfum Palace is based off of The Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France. It was built over the period of 54 years during the late 1600's and the early 1700's. During the last part of construction, France was fighting in a couple minor wars with Spain and Italy. Specifically, these minor wars were during a ten year span from 1710-1720. That's about 300 years ago. So lets say that this war that the Kalos region was with the region that is based off of Spain. I chose Spain over Italy because it makes more sense Geographically, and Spain and France were not the best of friends back then.

What does this have to do with Pokemon though? Here is some food for thought for you. What about a duel release of two unexpected games? From what I can conclude based on info given to me in X and Y and previous titles, Pokemon Alpha and Pokemon Omega will be the next games. In Greek that would be A and Z. A meaning beginning and Z meaning ending. Throughout the whole game, not one mention was given to the legendary Pokemon Zygarde. I just so happened to run into him by chance because I was exploring Terminus Cave when I was bored. Therefore, it and another Pokemon named later in the theory, will be the feature in the last game in the Kalos region. The last time a minor legendary was not named in the original game in that region, it was Giratina. Look what happened with the third installment of a Sinnoh-based game. Also, the old, wondering King's name in X and Y is AZ. As mentioned before, it means beginning and ending. This is a sure connection to the ultimate weapon in X and Y (Gave life to Flabebe and ended the war) but could it also be foreshadowing a new game? Has Z in his name and Zygarde has a Z. The problem with that is the A. What could that mean? The answer is Arceus. It is the God of Pokemon so it created everything (hence the beginning/alpha title). How does this fit into the next game plot-wise though? The answer is simple. For the first time since Gold and Silver, we will have two regions to play in. You start off in the new region and then make your way into the Kalos region to stop a revived Team Flare from taking over using either Zygarde or Arceus. That way both Legendary Pokemon have a place in-game for this to be actually feasible. During the war mentioned earlier, Arceus stopped Zygarde from doing insane amounts of damage to the region of Kalos and basically saved what was the known world at the time. Afterwards, Arceus trapped Zygarde into a mountain with the three orbs, one from each dimension (Explaining the three orbs you find in X and Y in Terminus Cave), imprisoning it for good. Team Flare then eventually finds either Arceus or Zygarde, takes control of them, and tries to go back in time to reverse the outcome of that battle so the world can be destroyed and restarted at that point because of the failure of the Ultimate Weapon in X and Y. Its your job to stop them.

If you got this far I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read this. It took me a very long time to think and type this all up. Hopefully, it can get a pretty good discussion going on this topic that the community will really enjoy.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is an incredibly well-thought out theory. I have to agree that (assuming the name "AZ" was never explained in XY, I'm not completely sure if it was or not) your explanation for an A+Z dual release makes a lot of sense. However, I cannot exactly see Zygarde being paired with Arceus. Arceus has such a detailed background, and was never readily available. If Zygarde were to compete with the "God" of Pokemon, it doesn't make much sense for him to appear in the games already with no explanation. And mechanically, Zygarde is nothing special, and I think developers know this. Thusly, I think they're going to come up with a forme change or something to that effect with Zygarde. I don't however think Arceus will be modified, leading me to lean more towards a single Z game release.

Years
  • I'm going move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central since even though it's a theory, it's one that's focusing on the games. And while I just skimmed over the theory myself (haven't finished playing Y yet and don't want to spoil anything), I always appreciate when someone puts this much effort into theories like these!

MOVED.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • Come on, I got B's in my honors history classes in high school and I never noticed this.

When I first saw Parfum Palace, I was about 80% sure that it was based off of Versailles Palace. Once I saw the Hall of Mirrors on the top floor when you went to see the fireworks, I knew that's what Game Freak based it off of. I guess I'm a little too much of a History nerd but oh well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Ideas for the name of the next game

Pokemon:
    brick, cement -> cinder
    alpha, beta -> gamma
    water, land -> sky
    mind, spirit -> light

Years
  • So first there's the theory of Plus and Minus and now Alpha and Omega? Too much to spin my head around…

But yeah, I did watch Marriland's video and he does get pretty formal. The idea of this being like GSC (you start in a new region and go to Kalos afterward) does seem like something that would be intriguing. Although given what's been established to have happened to Team Flare, I don't see how it'll be easily possible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Gen 7 pokemon amount

Hi everyone, I just noticed a pattern and wanted to make a thread about it. I noticed that with each odd number generation, there are many new pokemon introduced and we always have many to choose from. With the even number gens, there are always fewer pokemon and some type of reference to a previous gen. For example.

Gen 1 - Series just started 150 pokemon

Gen 2 - 100 new pokes and some are evo/preevo from the previous gen

Gen 3 - All new pokemon, no reference to previous generations except a few preevo like azurill

Gen 4 - Fewer new pokemon and there are many evolutions for previously introduced pokemon

Gen 5 - All new pokemon designs, some are hated and others are loved

Gen 6 - Smallest number of new pokemon yet And many references to precious gens(mega evolution)

With the exception of pre evos, I feel that next gen might have many new pokemon and a strict restriction on pokemon from previous gen. I'm sure we will be able to use pokebank later in the game (similar to how in b2w2 we had breeding after the game)

I know there is a flaw in the preevo idea but I think Gamefreak might be putting the preevos on hiatus for a bit. It may come back since we haven't had any since gen 4.

Do you guys have any similar theories on the amount for next generation. I know it is early but I really want some fresh designs and the even number generations are the ones that have those.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Generation Seven?

With X and Y out, we're still all overloaded with the new features of those games. For me, they seem to be the "ultimate" regular series Pokémon games.
    But of course, they aren't.

I haven't played them myself, actually. So what do you think should be added to the next generation? Which features would make them the Ultimate Pokémon Games?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Get rid of HMs fer chrissakes.

Been about 18 damned years now and we still need HM slaves to get around, since most HM moves are ****e in battle.

That and a little more focus on the adventuring and storyline. Competitive play can get pretty boring. I want more to do post-game than simply "Breed the unbeatable team".

It's a vast world. I want to explore it.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • More antagonist scenes. I want a game a Where you have to put in a lot of hours to beat it. Not two days.
    Id like to see the trainers moving and not standing in one spot all the time.
    There's a lot of ways they can make the game more realistic.
    Oh, and stronger gyms that have different types of Pokemon. I hate how each gym focuses on one type, it makes everything too easy.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • More than 71 Pokemon. That is the only thing I didn't like about X/Y was the lack of New Pokemon but I guess the Megas made up for the lack. But I still want 100 or more in 7th.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • There doesn't have to be more gyms or need to get rid of the themed types- just better AI for the games overall.

More specifically- Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and The Champion should be sporting more strategic movesets. The sort of move and item set-ups you'd see in competitive play. Some already do by having 'mons that aren't of their type- but I'd rather have them keep to general types; for traditions' sake, they can come in handy for training certain types of your own, and hey- it's a fun aspect of them.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    One thing i have noticed is that the games continue to get easier every generation, all that i want from gen 7 is that they make it more of a challenge. I honastly don't care how they do it.

Well theres one other thing :P i agree with what pumpkinjack said about hms, i dont want to get rid of them, but why can't they let you unlearn them with out the help of some old guy :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One feature I really want to see next gen is auto-saving, where it saves your game automatically in the background every time you achieve something, such as entering a new location, defeating a gym leader, getting a hold of an HM, receiving an important key item, and so on. If we ever forget to save game ourselves, this would make us feel less worried. d:

Years
  • One thing i have noticed is that the games continue to get easier every generation, all that i want from gen 7 is that they make it more of a challenge. I honastly don't care how they do it.

Well theres one other thing :P i agree with what pumpkinjack said about hms, i dont want to get rid of them, but why can't they let you unlearn them with out the help of some old guy :/

I'd consider each game to be fairly easy.

Maybe Platinum was the most difficult, but easy (relative to other rpg's) nonetheless.

Though, I certainly certainly certainly agree with you on the point that there needs to be more challenge. I'd like to see the difficulty setting make a return...preferably before the game. That way, those that are inexperienced or younger can manage an easier setting. I'd love to see not only higher levels, but you know, more strategy employed by gym leaders, it seems a lot of time it is a matter of good attack or special defense base + stab attack for a strategy. Opponents' teams should be carefully worked out with creative and difficult overall strategies to overcome.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • One feature I really want to see next gen is auto-saving, where it saves your game automatically in the background every time you achieve something, such as entering a new location, defeating a gym leader, getting a hold of an HM, receiving an important key item, and so on. If we ever forget to save game ourselves, this would make us feel less worried. d:
    But then, what if the game autosaved right after you failed to catch a legendary, or when you accidentaly threw a Master Ball at a Lv 3 Pidgey? Not to mention that autosaving after every little thing you do would probably cause the game to lag. Also, manually saving your game in X&Y is now ridiculously fast (unless you're game-syncing). I really don't think an autosave feature is such a needed addition.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Get rid of HMs fer chrissakes.

Been about 18 ****ed years now and we still need HM slaves to get around, since most HM moves are ****e in battle.

Yeah; HM-type moves shouldn't take up spaces in your Pokémon's battle move-sets!

That and a little more focus on the adventuring and storyline. Competitive play can get pretty boring. I want more to do post-game than simply "Breed the unbeatable team".

Bring on those Battle Frontiers!

Last edited:
    Back