• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Zelda Game-Link is swordless?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Whoa. Taken from IGN:
    IGN: At your developer roundtable this week, you showed off a single piece of artwork from the next Wii Zelda game. This piece of art has not yet been released publicly, but we noticed that Link appears to have grown to full adulthood. He looks older than he did in Twilight Princess. Is that a correct assumption?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he's not holding a sword.
    Could it be? Also while they mention publicly:

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I'm sure there will be a sword. But a lack of a sword at a certain point(s) might be a major part of the game.

that or he just doesn't have a sword in that artwork XD

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    I'm sure there will be a sword. But a lack of a sword at a certain point(s) might be a major part of the game.

that or he just doesn't have a sword in that artwork XD
    True. Link wouldn't be Link without a sword. Besides what would he use instead, his fist? o.o

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    They couldn't make a Zelda game without Link wielding a sword...I mean the Master Sword was a very VERY crucial part to the storyline of OOT (Dammit, now I feel the urge to go replay it >_>). I'd be willing to bet everything Zelda/Pokemon/Mario related that I own that Link WILL have a sword in the game.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Perhaps it means the sword is an important part of the storyline.

Or perhaps they're deviating from that part of the storyline?

Maybe Gannon has stolen the Master Sword with the two pieces of the Triforce, mah boi! Okay, I'll stop that horribleness now.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    True. Link wouldn't be Link without a sword. Besides what would he use instead, his fist? o.o

He would be like Goofy in KH, bash people with his sheild.

Or he could be like Cream in the Sonic series "Please Mr.Ganondorf, stop being bad!"

Or, maybe he has a HUGE battle axe!!!!! That, would be sweet...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    She could very well be the master sword. Look at how her cape thing is and the crystal. If thats the case wow. Also am I the only one who can tell that link grew up quite a bit? She is the master sword!

I mean look at the gold linin the crystal the cape like the hilt it all fits. Maybe when they say era like the very first era when the origins of the sword came to be? Like the sword in all of the games is this girl? Hmm plot has thickened my friends and I am very intrigued. Also if you can't see it take this massive photo:
    https://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/zeldawiiposter1.jpg
    Too similar not to be.I just noticed something else. Again! Her stockings match the hilt pattern. God dammit we got a sword girl on our hands me think.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    If you read some posts it seems like maybe the sword is the girl. Crazy but it works if you do comparisons and the fact that Miyamoto said in a very subtle way oh gee look link has no sword and oh gee look new person thing I will not talk about.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    If you read some posts it seems like maybe the sword is the girl. Crazy but it works if you do comparisons and the fact that Miyamoto said in a very subtle way oh gee look link has no sword and oh gee look new person thing I will not talk about.

Oh great! Your annoying traveling companion is also a deadly weapon!

That's actually a good Idea and I could see it happening, not that I approve.

It would be like the Minish Cap, person cursed and turned into an item.

Edit: I just read your previous post, and wow, your right, she does look like a sword. I couldn't even tell there was a girl in that picture in the first post.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Maybe this is just one of the images where he is featured sword less. I'm not sure. Don't flame me, but I don't think the girl is the sword. Of course, I'm probably wrong.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm the origin of the master sword is something both Miyamoto and Anouma want to explore. This could finally be it and I hope it is. A princess with a curse and only you can set her free. It sounds LoZ and AoL but when you think about it its not the evil person's doing. Anyway this should be generally for where did the sword go and the game. I dunno man but this is certainly interesting.

Years
    *Sigh*
    Another little person that is going to bug you along the way.

Like Todoroki said, I can see the girl being the/a weapon in the game. Also, Link just looks bare without the sword. I can't see him having his sword taken away for the whole game. I am sure he will use it later...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    All I'm seeing is some sort of reason to test the Motion Plus thing. I can't see them not giving him a sword, but I suppose weirder things have been done (I.E. Mario with a water hose), so hopefully we get some more details in the coming months.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    That's strange. Call me old, but any game where Link has no Master Sword, is not worth playing.

I'm calling you young, sweetie, because The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Aventures didn't have the Master Sword and they were DEFINITELY worth playing. </fanboyism>

Well sweeties, from what I'm assuming is that she might be the sword just from her design. Great first Link had a talking Fairy, cap, now sword. XD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    As other people posted maybe Link is swordless for abit, and fights with a shield only.....like CAPTAIN AMERICA! that would never happen...

Back