• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Zelda Game-Link is swordless?

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    Girl looks like the Queen of the Fairies from The Wind Waker.

He won't be swordless. Heck he has a shield in tat picture. What kind of Zelda game has just a shield?
    That's what I thought it looked like too.

You'll probably be ssing him bashing enemies in the head with his sheild (which I would love to see). XD

Oh geeze, it must be true then.

Now I'm actually afraid Nintendo will put the WiiMotionPlus to use by making you flick your wrist to toss your shield at everything. >_<
    Stupid shield movements that could possibly give you a carpal tunnel. XD
    another game to break your T.V? I would be afraid if it was ONLY WiimotionPlus....
    I'd blame Nintendo fro my T.V. breaking. lol

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    Maybe the game will be about the master sword losing power again, and having the simi-looking sage master sword girl make you a new one, since she might be the one who made the sword,or might be the one the sword was made after because of her appearance.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    And LoZ, LA, and TMC are among the best in the series at that!

Anyway, I don't think she's the Master Sword. It has a history. We know why it was formed.

The goddesses told the Hylia to create the Master Sword long before the events that take place in any of the games. It was a preemptive measure against evil ones who yearned for the Triforce.
    Of course we know why it was formed, but to my knowledge, it was never explicitly stated how they went about forming it.

I'm normally the type that thinks of speculation as a waste of time (for me, anyway) and am usually content to just wait for stuff and not think too much on it till it's actually out, but this seems awfully intriguing. Todoroki makes several good points, and I'll have to say I agree with him on the girl being some sort of personification of the Master Sword. I doubt they'd not have at least some parts where Link is wielding the sword itself, though.

I'm guessing Miyamoto's hinting at the swordlessness of Link in this artwork is to point out that the girl pictured is some form or incarnation of the sword that's a significant part of the game, and not necessarily that Link won't ever be wielding the actual Master Sword.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Link's a righty D8

I know it's for the sake of the Wii Motion stuff, but still, I kinda miss Link as a lefty. Link was one of the very few people who wielded his or her sword with his or her left hand.
    (It was so special they put in a quiz over here).
    Buh, make Link at least a lefty in the artwork? D:

Okay, now back on topic.
    I stated before that I thought that strange girl looked a lot like the Master Sword (check the LoZ club). The similarities are too obvious, and as Todoroki stated here, it's not just the colourscheme. Even though it is obvious that she has something to do with the Master Sword, there is that chance she doesn't. But I can't think of a reason why they'd make her look as a living Master Sword if she's got nothing to do with it. @_@"

I am looking forward to this game anyways, with or without a sword. =)

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    Never saw this. Link without a sword would just be plain odd. This now makes me want to replay OOT (esp since I watched the last battles last night on youtube)

Years
    I say it's either the Queen of Fairies from WW or a personification of the Master Sword... or both.

Anyway, the girl's gem might not be the same color as the sword's, but then again, if it was... wouldn't it be awfully obvious?

edit made a little comparison:

Next Zelda Game-Link is swordless?

Last edited:

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    If she's as annoying as Navi, I'm sure link has no problem swinging her around and bashing her into bad guys.

I want to use Navi as slingshot ammo...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Am I the only one who thought Navi wasn't annoying? O_o
    I actually liked her, and Midna. I thought Navi was pretty helpful.

The queen of Fairies in WW looks scary. o-o
    In my oppinion they could make a better story with the Master Sword than with the Queen of Fairies. But that's just what I think. You never know what the storymakers at Nintendo's HQ can come up with. x)

Vaati227

master of the Darkwind
    Years
    lol just because the poster shows him without a sword doesnt mean he wont have one in the game x3
    although it would be awesome if link could just punch ganon in the face. hehehe

Back