• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well I'm back, and I see you guys added a page or two XD. I was playing ToS all last week (for you that reads my MSN Space you done knew about it XD). And I went ahead and bought the game, it's great. XD

Anyway going back a little.
    I myself don't care about getting on the web with a system. If it's like a Nintendo site where you can get codes for the game or something like that then I would be ok with that. But surfing the web on a system just isn't something that would turn me on (If I want to surf the web I can use a computer for that). What I want from the Rev online is really just having a buddy list type thing and a chat type thing. That way I could add all of you to my list and go "Hey up for a Round on Super Smash Bros?", to me that's really all I need for online add ons (add ons as in more then just online play).

I think the TP delay is for the best. We all want a game that's good, and if TP is rushed and done poorly then it won't be as good and to me might be a shot in the foot for Nintendo. TP is like the GameCube's last good game planed, and if it turns out that it's some sappy run down of a game then from now on a lot of people will look at the GC has poor system, and will hurt Nintendo. Too much is on this game to be bad, I'll take the wait over a rushed bad game.

I've kind of lost hope in Rare. Every since they ditched Nintendo for Microsoft I haven't liked them. I loved their Donkey Kong games, and their StarFox games. To me they been with Nintendo too long to drop then like that.

Oh and welcome to all the new members of the club, and thanks for joining.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well I'm back, and I see you guys added a page or two XD. I was playing ToS all last week (for you that reads my MSN Space you done knew about it XD). And I went ahead and bought the game, it's great. XD

Anyway going back a little.
    I myself don't care about getting on the web with a system. If it's like a Nintendo site where you can get codes for the game or something like that then I would be ok with that. But surfing the web on a system just isn't something that would turn me on (If I want to surf the web I can use a computer for that). What I want from the Rev online is really just having a buddy list type thing and a chat type thing. That way I could add all of you to my list and go "Hey up for a Round on Super Smash Bros?", to me that's really all I need for online add ons (add ons as in more then just online play).

I think the TP delay is for the best. We all want a game that's good, and if TP is rushed and done poorly then it won't be as good and to me might be a shot in the foot for Nintendo. TP is like the GameCube's last good game planed, and if it turns out that it's some sappy run down of a game then from now on a lot of people will look at the GC has poor system, and will hurt Nintendo. Too much is on this game to be bad, I'll take the wait over a rushed bad game.

I've kind of lost hope in Rare. Every since they ditched Nintendo for Microsoft I haven't liked them. I loved their Donkey Kong games, and their StarFox games. To me they been with Nintendo too long to drop then like that.

Oh and welcome to all the new members of the club, and thanks for joining.
    Welcome back XD. I see you finally got ToS, and like people of said, well in my opinion it is the best RPG on the Cube.. the storyline, battle style and everything is great.. even though I thought there should have been more Anime cutscenes.. I would have liked a few more.. maybe at the end of major boss battles which show the person who finished him off, finishing him off in a little anime cut scene, I would have loved that, it would have made it even more awesome.

I agree with your view about online and the Rev.. sure the fact that it is online is awesome and I would like to play games online with others.. it isn't the main reason I want the Rev.. the system is mainly for games and that is the sole purpose of a games console.. you don't really need online games all the time to make the game great, there are plaenty of great games on the Cube. I also agree with the buddy list thing asking to play a game with someone XD

Yeah I also read an article on TP being delayed.. at first I was annoyed being as we have been waiting all year... but then I saw that they was making more improvements to it and I thought it would be worth the longer wait.. because is you remember Perfect Dark on the N64 was delayed countless times and look how that game turned out... it was totally amazing XD.. I agree with alot of things you said, we don't want the last major release for the Cube to be a sappy run down game.. Time and near perfection is better then any rushed game.

Last edited:

fire_phoenix

Phoenix Breeder
    Years
    Stevo-Kun said:
    Well I really doubt that they are going to make the disks re-writable because they wouldn't want you messing with the game.. maybe you could just somehow download them and it transfers them to the disk.. or like F-Zero GX, you plug your memory card in somehow, maybe plug something into your comp

Never really thought of that, I was thinking too much about my great idea :P But yeah, I already thought of the memory card if you read back, blah.

Arcanine said:

Amen brother :P Nintendo have always kept to just what they need, that's what keeps them cheaper than the other systems. Keep internet browsing to the computer, that's not really a necessity for gaming. As for the friendslist, they had better set the cap REALLY high, because I have a lot of friends (although most of the ones from school are M$ or Stony buffs).

Arcanine said:

Don't forget Conker, nothing annoys me more than seeing Conker on XBOX. That was a pretty fun game when I first played it way back on GBC. It burns me up that they ditched Nintendo when they were with them since NES days. (didn't Square sort of do the same thing when they started making games on PC and PS?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think web-browsing on the DS would be EXTREMELY NICE!

Can't you just see someone posting at PC from their pretty DS? <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Er...the DS's touch screen allows me to type pretty fast ^^

At least on PictoChat ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    :D

I can just see it now XD Not having to fork over my money to Comcast and AOL to connect is a plus too ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    MSN Messenger has paid winks/display icons. So does ICQ. It's a trend, not just AOL XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Stevo-Kun said:
    Welcome back XD. I see you finally got ToS, and like people of said, well in my opinion it is the best RPG on the Cube.. the storyline, battle style and everything is great.. even though I thought there should have been more Anime cutscenes.. I would have liked a few more.. maybe at the end of major boss battles which show the person who finished him off, finishing him off in a little anime cut scene, I would have loved that, it would have made it even more awesome.
    Well I have to agree. ToS is really good and is one of my fav RPGs... after Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantay that is. XD
    The only thing I don't like about ToS is how they think about something or look sad and someone asks what's wrong, and they go "Nothing". Me and my brother would sit there and go "Who wants to bet she'll say "It's nothing" and sure enough XD. That's the only thing that ticks me off, if you got something to say then say it. XD

Stevo-Kun said:
    I agree with your view about online and the Rev.. sure the fact that it is online is awesome and I would like to play games online with others.. it isn't the main reason I want the Rev.. the system is mainly for games and that is the sole purpose of a games console.. you don't really need online games all the time to make the game great, there are plaenty of great games on the Cube. I also agree with the buddy list thing asking to play a game with someone XD
    SSBM is a great great game on the GC. Most likely 95% of the GameCube owners will say it is the best Nintendo only game. It's still on the Nintendo's best sellers list, they are going to have a bundle pack with SSBM this Chirstmas. But the game isn't online. Like you said, it doesn't have to be online to be a great game. ToS isn't online but it's a great game, 99.9% of the GC games are not online. It doesn't make them bad games, I heard a lot of X-Box games are only good if it's online (like Halo, if you want to get the most out of Halo/2 then get it online), if that's their thing then good for them.
    Online doesn't make or break the game. But to me, I would take an online SSBM over a SSBM that isn't.

Stevo-Kun said:
    Yeah I also read an article on TP being delayed.. at first I was annoyed being as we have been waiting all year... but then I saw that they was making more improvements to it and I thought it would be worth the longer wait.. because is you remember Perfect Dark on the N64 was delayed countless times and look how that game turned out... it was totally amazing XD.. I agree with alot of things you said, we don't want the last major release for the Cube to be a sappy run down game.. Time and near perfection is better then any rushed game.
    We need a good ending game. But I just hope they don't let it out too late. Because if they do then it's going to be in the next gen's ground and it's just going to be lost in all the talk of the next gen stuff.

fire_phoenix said:
    Amen brother :PNintendo have always kept to just what they need, that's what keeps them cheaper than the other systems. Keep internet browsing to the computer, that's not really a necessity for gaming. As for the friendslist, they had better set the cap REALLY high, because I have a lot of friends (although most of the ones from school are M$ or Stony buffs).
    That's what they been good at and they are the only ones that makes money off their systems. The browser is nice but I wouldn't use it even if it had it. I got a new laptop, it's better to surf the web with something that's made for that sort of stuff. XD
    I also hope they have a nice high cap on the friends list (if they have a cap at all). No one wants to have lots of friends and not be able to add them all. XD

fire_phoenix said:
    Don't forget Conker, nothing annoys me more than seeing Conker on XBOX. That was a pretty fun game when I first played it way back on GBC. It burns me up that they ditched Nintendo when they were with them since NES days. (didn't Square sort of do the same thing when they started making games on PC and PS?)
    And Conker. XD
    But I never played any of the games, so I forgot about it. XD
    Rare made games for Nintendo with at least 4-7 Nintendo systems (counting GameBoys). And then pack up their bags and move over to Microsoft because they think it's better or whatever. It's just not right, Rare was the maker of most of Nintendo's most well known games.

And yea Square did something like that, I think they got to FFV and then they went out to Sony. Like Rare they still make a game or two for Nintendo but it's not like it was before.

I think surfing the web on the DS is better then surfing the web on the PSP. But I wouldn't get on the internet with a handheld. I mean look at the size of a DS and PSP screen. And then look at a laptop screen or a computer screen. There's a big big difference. The DS would be good with an MSN type thing (PictoChat but better, like changing your font and having a little pic and so on) but surfing the web doesn't sound all that good to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think just picking up my DS in a cafe and being able to browse PC would be a new type of awesome-ness >)

Years
    I've played The twilight princess at a uk event it was awesome I'm writing a review if anybody's intrested pm me or post here

that would be awesome typing with the touch screen and pictochatting with an msn type add on so it could connect to msn and I could talk to people without a ds using my ds

anybody ever though off a donkey konga or DDR game for the ds use the touch screen to hit the bongo/arrows that would be fun or use your fingers/hands for Donkey konga cause you could have the two screens equal

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    PHP:
    DDR =/= DS  :/

Donkey Konga might have potential though ^^  And I am TOTALLY JEALOUS of you playing that demo =0

Years
    yeah I also played Pokemon XD it was good but for some reason I didn't have an eevee in my squad even though I started a new game
    and I'm going to another event that means you can get deoxys download and you can play XD there aswell

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well I have to agree. ToS is really good and is one of my fav RPGs... after Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantay that is. XD
    The only thing I don't like about ToS is how they think about something or look sad and someone asks what's wrong, and they go "Nothing". Me and my brother would sit there and go "Who wants to bet she'll say "It's nothing" and sure enough XD. That's the only thing that ticks me off, if you got something to say then say it. XD
    That is true XD.. mainly Lloyd asking Colette if I remember correctly lol.. She would also say "Nothing" after she collapsed on the ground and other things.. just kinda stupid really.. irritating too but that doesn't make the game any less than what it is, just one little thing had to be annoying about it lol.

Arcanine said:
    SSBM is a great great game on the GC. Most likely 95% of the GameCube owners will say it is the best Nintendo only game. It's still on the Nintendo's best sellers list, they are going to have a bundle pack with SSBM this Chirstmas. But the game isn't online. Like you said, it doesn't have to be online to be a great game. ToS isn't online but it's a great game, 99.9% of the GC games are not online. It doesn't make them bad games, I heard a lot of X-Box games are only good if it's online (like Halo, if you want to get the most out of Halo/2 then get it online), if that's their thing then good for them.
    Online doesn't make or break the game. But to me, I would take an online SSBM over a SSBM that isn't.

Yeah that is right.. it doesn't have to be online to be great, I agree ToS and SSBM are amazing games and most Gamecube owners are bound to have them.. I think the only game I have seen with online compatibility for the Gamecube was MKDD. Yeah that is the problem with games like Halo, you have to go online to get the most out of it and that just costs you even more money to get XBOX Live.. I would rather take an onlin SSBM game to one that isn't too.. but SSBM is still an awesome game.. hence why it is still in the sales thingy after this long.
    Arcanine said:
    We need a good ending game. But I just hope they don't let it out too late. Because if they do then it's going to be in the next gen's ground and it's just going to be lost in all the talk of the next gen stuff.

From what I have read, LoZ:TP will be out sometime after March and the Revolution is 2nd half of the year, no determined date.. we will know a date sometime later this year regarding the release date of the new Zelda game.. but that is true, if it does come out too close to the release of the Revolution, it will be over shadowed by the new console and that would be such a waste of what is shaping up to be the most amazing game on the Gamecube.
    fire_pheonix said:
    Amen brother :PNintendo have always kept to just what they need, that's what keeps them cheaper than the other systems. Keep internet browsing to the computer, that's not really a necessity for gaming. As for the friendslist, they had better set the cap REALLY high, because I have a lot of friends (although most of the ones from school are M$ or Stony buffs).

That is true, I agree there, a gaming console is for the sole purpose of "Gaming".. online ability isn't a necessity.. but it is a nice thing to have, I would never use it even if I had it either, my computer is for browsing the net, and it always will be XD
    Blazin Espio said:
    I've played The twilight princess at a uk event it was awesome I'm writing a review if anybody's intrested pm me or post here

that would be awesome typing with the touch screen and pictochatting with an msn type add on so it could connect to msn and I could talk to people without a ds using my ds

anybody ever though off a donkey konga or DDR game for the ds use the touch screen to hit the bongo/arrows that would be fun or use your fingers/hands for Donkey konga cause you could have the two screens equal

I would say I am jealous, but I am only a little bit, being as that event was for the game coming out before they decided to put the release of it back till next year,, so the game is going to be way better then that was XD..

fire_phoenix

Phoenix Breeder
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    But I never played any of the games, so I forgot about it. XD
    Rare made games for Nintendo with at least 4-7 Nintendo systems.
    And yea Square did something like that, I think they got to FFV and then they went out to Sony. Like Rare they still make a game or two for Nintendo but it's not like it was before.

Rare made games for 7 Nintendo systems (OMG! I didn't know they made games for Gamegear and Genesis by Sega though, whoa.....hehe, Gamegear, I played some Gamegear games..... it really makes me amazed on how far we (we = graphics and gameplay) have come in all those years)

Blazin Espio said:

One word: hmm. :P That's a pretty interesting idea, I do have some ideas on minor problems with a game like that. For example, it'd be harder to get a good rhythm (sp?) when you have to keep moving the stylus quickly left and right to hit the other Bongo, it'd get EXTREMELY tiring on your wrist.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I really need to get ToS +_+; Supposed to be like the best 'Cube RPG ^^;

And I love RPGs XD Right now I'm stuck on Baten Kaitos though -.-;

Back