• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • I'm going to Camp Hyrule. Cabin #3. First year going too. Have they ever given away anything as big as a Wii before? o_o

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm not sure. I've only attended it once. Cabin #1 in 2004. w00t! Everyone, but me, got a prize for being the best cabin. T_T;

Umm...I think the prize the last time I went was a DS.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I've never been to Camp Hyrule but I am going this year, it would be awesome if I win the Wii...but I probably won't. I hope my cabin is cool...by cabin I mean the other people in it.

Cabin #7 FTW!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • So I got some NDS Preorders today: Mystery Dungeon Blue, Ranger, and Final Fantasy III. I was hoping to squeeze some Wii PreOrder information out of them over at EB Games, but they said no info on preorders until the release date is annouced.

Yeah I was dissapointed, but no worries, I still have my 300 bucks aside for the Wii.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I wish they would just spit out the date.

Anyway...

https://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/16/forget-about-gc-controller-on-zelda-wii/
    No GC controller on Wii TP ver (no shocker here).

https://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/16/ps3-to-lead-in-market-share-by-44-in-2011-says-yankee-group/
    I find this just flat out funny. Not only because they are so jacked up on something to use their head, but they say the Wii will only make 11 Mil sells within 5 years time.

https://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/13/the-confirmed-wii-launch-lineup/
    There's the launch titles for the Wii. Everyone get your money out. XD

And this is our new topic.
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=4659

Our topic is, how come this damn fool thinks Mario is violent?! What kind of stupid degree does she have that makes her smart enough to think games like Mario and Zelda is violent for kids? HOW FAR DOES SHE GOT HER HEAD STUCK UP HER ASS? I know I'm mad, and I think this is the first time I've said these things in the NFC. But this is just flat out CRAP. Who here has played one of them Mario games or one of them Zelda games? Do any of you feel like going out and killing a bunch of turtles? Or feel like picking up a sword and stabbing strange creatures with a sword?
    Right now I am pissed beyond anything before that had to do with games. Not only because you got some sicko standing up and talking crap about games. But because Senate is yet again being an ass and trying to kill games. They got their hand (well more like their nose) in everything in the US. But they need to all get their head out of their butt and leave gaming alone. They wanted something like ESRB, they got it, and now that's not enough. Not only do you got the king of all sickos Jack Thompson out there saying "it's not the job of the parents to keep track of what their kids play" (for the people who didn't watch it on G4 then click here and watch the fight going on with Adam Sessler (Co-Host of X-Play on G4) and Jack Thompson), but you now got some loser spin off thinking she knows everything about games and how to know if the game is violent... Can't they all just SHUT UP and leave it up to the parenets if the game is ok for their kids? Who put people like Jack Thompson and Kimberly Thompson (I don't think there's a relation) in charge of what kids can and can't play? Last I looked it comes down to the parents, not some idiot out there trying to push their point. Yes I'm mad, yes maybe I'm just over reacting, yes it has happened before and will likely happen again, and yes this is the longest rant I've done in ages. I'm just fed up with all this, last night me and Robo was fighting over which version of LoZ: TP will be better, I read that and I thought "We were fighting over the same game, and here is someone wanting to get rid of that game.".
    I don't see what's the great big deal with violent in games. Movies is also pretty violent (in a lot of cases worse) but I never hear a great battle going on about them. And then you got the Senate going on and on and on like this is some gov thing where they own all the kids. They want to run everything in everyone's life and it makes me sick. I just want to have the freedom to play a game like FEAR (that's very very violent) if I want to without having the damn government poking around in my business saying "You can't play that because we say so.".
    And that's my rant about that.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Our topic is, how come this damn fool thinks Mario is violent?! What kind of stupid degree does she have that makes her smart enough to think games like Mario and Zelda is violent for kids? HOW FAR DOES SHE GOT HER HEAD STUCK UP HER ASS? I know I'm mad, and I think this is the first time I've said these things in the NFC. But this is just flat out CRAP. Who here has played one of them Mario games or one of them Zelda games? Do any of you feel like going out and killing a bunch of turtles? Or feel like picking up a sword and stabbing strange creatures with a sword?

And that's my rant about that.
    Even though you think it's crap sometimes people do take games that have killing in them seriously. On a quite a number of occasions you hear on the news that kids have been playing a game that involves you going around to someone's house to shoot their guts out and they've had real enjoyment out of it, gone outside and wondered if it would be fun to do it in real life. So they've picked on some random dude and shot them. Also, using your example, Andy, some guy that's not right in the head might think he'll go and pull a turtles leg off and see how long it takes to die because he's just gone and done it in a game and won so much gold. Even though the majority of us keep killing things to games there are people that bring these things in to reality. So in some respect you can see why people may be concerned; but I agree, it was a bit ridiculous with about Mario and Zelda.

My grammar sucked in that post… o_o

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The way I look at it, if the kid is under 17 and the parents buys the kid an M rated game like FEAR, RE4, GTA and that kid goes out and kills or beats up on a bunch of people then it's the parents to blame. There is an ESRB rating for a reason. By age 17 the kid should be smart enough to know "Killing isn't like playing a game, you can't just click the restart button and start over.". But the fact is, it's not the job of the gov to go out and tell you what's right for your kids. Would you like it if the gov said "Well, you can't play a fighting game because you'll likely go out and beat someone up for it.". Sure I know kids has went out and shot up schools and stuff, but they're messed up in the head anyway and people "blames it on games" just because they can't think "Well, he was crazy before hand". Here in the US there's a ton of gangs around, more kills and stuff come from gangs then killings from games. People in the gangs are crazy, and people who shoot people for fun should be in a gang.
    That's just the way I look at it. It's not the job of the gov to run everyone's life.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • That is a fair point there, people don't bother to look at all the evidence why this person was shot, and they just jump to the first conclusion that comes in to their mind; "it was the games fault."
    However, it's not always the parents that buy the games. You can make a friend buy a game you really want or pretend that you are 18 of you're desperate to have the game. Also the gov are there to try and protect people and make people feel secure. If there is a certain game that kids are buying them and then going around shooting people then they are going to try and get it removed from the market.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I totally agree with you Andy, I mean seriously...Mario violent? The next thing they're going to say is that Donkry Kong games should be banned because he doesn't wear any clothes. Besides, they'll never achieve anything that will actually affect us, besides getting us pissed, because we have the 1st ammendment that protects our rights.

Also, in the good words of 50 Cent(seriously): "A person who is influenced by videogames can be influenced by anything, not just videogames"

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The guy might make a bad game but that's a great saying. If kids goes out killing because of a game then what else can happen? Maybe some guy will walk up to them and say "Hey, here is a gun. I want you to shoot that person over there.". It could happen...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Well, I was planning on getting Twilight Princess if it gave you the option of using both controllers, but since it doesn't, I think I'm going to stick with the Gamecube version. Other than that, there's not much that I want until SSBB and SMG, except Wii Sports/Orchestra, but I can't justify buying a $200-250 console just for a couple "pick up and play" games that aren't worth more than $20-30. So I probably will just wait and get a Wii later, once SSBB/SMG come out. =/

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • When I pick up my Wii I'm also going to grab Twilight Princess (is this really much of a surprise comign from me?). My brother's going to get Metrodi Prime 3: Corruption too. So, that's two games. We could get more, but we kind of want something left for Christmas gifts. XD

But, I haven't reserved anything yet. I have lots of BEst Buy gift certificates, so I want to use those. The Best Buy Canada (because I'm Canadian) website says that you can preorder Wii games, but not the system. So, I went to Best Buy a few days ago to preorder said two games. Nope. You only preorder it online, not in store. @@ Well, that's just great. You can't use the gift ceritficates online. @@

It's going to be half an hour before it's released by the time I can preorder anything. T_T;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • LoZ: Twilight Princess
    I think this is going to be my main launch game. I've been waiting for TP and since it's going to be a lunch title then me will get.

Red Steel
    For now, this is the only FPS game I want for the Wii. Sure there's Call of Duty 3, and Far Cry but blah I want Red Steel (unless they get a Ghost Recon game on there... XD).

Wii Sports
    My brother wants this one. Mainly for a two player game on the Wii (I know Red Steel will be multiplayer but still, I think it'd be a nice game to have).

MP3: Corruption
    He also wants this. This will be our first Metroid game (discounting the DS demos and the pinball one).

Maybe once the Wii comes closer they'll tell about new games and maybe one will be one we want.

And to add to the LoZ: TP thing. I know most of you fokes know that if you bought TP on the Wii you'd still be clicking a button to swing the sword. Well, Shigeru Miyamoto came out and said they are changing the LoZ controls. You'll be able to swing the Wiimote and it'll swing the sword on screen. So how about that (and it'll also make it easier for people wanting to pick the Wii or GC ver).
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=4782

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • And to add to the LoZ: TP thing. I know most of you fokes know that if you bought TP on the Wii you'd still be clicking a button to swing the sword. Well, Shigeru Miyamoto came out and said they are changing the LoZ controls. You'll be able to swing the Wiimote and it'll swing the sword on screen. So how about that (and it'll also make it easier for people wanting to pick the Wii or GC ver).
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=4782
    *points to Knights of Hyrule*

I was a little worried about the Wii version of TP before this announcement. I didn't feel that the Wii remote would give TP, a game designed for the GCn controller, justice. I thought that it wasn't even a good display of the Wii remotes potential. If it wasn't for the fact that the Wii version had 16:9 display I probably would've picked up the GCN version. Until now.

Reading the Inside Zelda stories in Nintendo Power shows that since they switched to the Wii, they have been consentrating more on the Wii version than the GCN version. It was also already revealed that they were going to make the controls more "natural" than they were at E3.

The sword swinging action doesn't impress me too much. However, the fact that the bow was switched to the B button instead of the control pad does. This shows to me that they are indeed putting a lot of thought into the controls for the Wii version.

Back