• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • The bow thing was put in a better spot ("B"). But I'm more worked up about the sword swinging. I do have to agree with Robo in saying that the Wii ver was lacking and didn't have all that much thought put into it. Sure you could shot your bow like you can FPS games. But it left out the whole sword use for it. To me it was like a slightly updated ver (Robo will say run down XD) of the GC TP game. Now that they have the Wiimote for sword fighting. I'm just glad they have something that sets the two vers apart more.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • But you said that the Wii version was so much better than the GC version even without the sword swinging and that it wasn't lacking anything , Andy. =P

Well, there was nothing at Nintendo's presentation at the Leipzig Game Conference except a pink DS Lite in Europe (when are we actually getting more colors in the US? >>), Mario Strikers Charged and Battalion Wars II (BWii). So much for "Wii prove our promise". Next chance of getting anything is September 14th, almost a whole month away. That's the NoA "celebration of video games" with Reggie showcasing Nintendo's upcoming lineup. It's starting to look more and more like we won't see Wii/TP until November or December, unless Nintendo wants to release it in October and have a lot of people left unprepared (haven't saved up money or whatever) for the launch due to lack of knowing when the thing's gonna be launched.

Seems like the general reaction to this conference is pretty bad - there have been references to "It was worse than Sony's E3 conference", "Wii prove our promise...of nothing", and "If Nintendo's looking out for it's fans, how come it never gives us what we want?" This could be some bad PR for Nintendo. =/

I've never seen a company try to milk this much hype out of something... -_-

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I hate that the big announcement was a pink DS Lite... Especially when that was announced right after Sony announced pink PS2s and PSPs. @@

I don' know what the promise was? That they won't deliver any information until they're ready? And this wasn't it? O_o

EDIT: Mark September 14th on your calendars. Nintendo of America event of some kind. We better get news. Nintendo's acting like the Wii is that Phantom gaming system.

Last edited:

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I don't understand the people who don't want to get Twilight Princess for the Wii, yet they are going to buy a Wii. To me the Wii version is obviously better, it looks like they are putting a lot of effort into it. If you're going to get the Wii you might aswell get TP for it, it's like they're scared of the controls or something. I've been hearing a lot of people saying that they want the GC version instead because they feel that the Wii controls were tacked on. According to Wiki, the NGC magazine in Britain revealed that motion controls were going to be a part of TP when played on the Wii since December of last year, they have had enough time. Also, why would you not buy TP for the Wii if you're getting a Wii? The whole point of choosing the Wii over the competition is because it will offer better gameplay because of it's controller, why would you shy away from it? It makes no sense to me, Nintendo doesn't want that. It's possibly going to be one of the greatest games you've played and you're not going to get it on a better system with better gameplay because you're scared of innovation? Please.

Yeah, Liepzig was dissapointing. I'm not really mad because of the lack of information in general but because they screwed us over with the name! If you name something "Wii prove our promise" you better prove your promise! Whatever, like I said I'm not really dissapointed because nothing good is ever announced at Liepzig and I knew nothing new was going to be revealed.

I don't think a lack of a release date will prevent someone from saving up money. To me that's kind of stupid, they know it's coming, just because they don't have an exact date doesn't mean you can't save. I don't know when it's coming out but I'm saving up money because I want one. I can see how this would affect a non-gamer, or someone like that, that Nintendo wants but they're the ones who aren't paying attention to what happens at a games convention in Europe or hanging around the internet to see when they say something about it.

September 14th, marked.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • This thread really needs a pick me up (and more members, I mean it's sad that I got more posts then the second and third highest added together. XD). So what we're going to do is force everyone to come back here (or force them to join) and make them post like crazy. XD

What I was thinking was, when the Wii comes out, and for the ones that's going to get it the day it comes out we should all pull an all nighter. I am not kidding, a bunch of us get on MSN or post in here (if PC isn't slow and down all the time XD) talking about the games we play and all that. I think it'd be fun. XD

In other news,
    https://thewiire.com/news/426/1/Twilight_Princess_Expects_T_Rating
    LoZ: TP racking up on a T rating.

https://thewiire.com/news/431/1/German_Interview_Reveals_Red_Steel_Details
    Red Steel with NO loading times? Is it just me or does that sound really really great? I mean we all hate loading times on games, and some can have some pretty long load times. So I can't wait to see how this works out.
    And better graphics? I thought Red Steel was one of the best looking Wii games, but they are uping it? I can't wait to see if it was a small difference, or a big jump (lets see if they can max out that ATI chip XD).

So, Sep 14? Ok, lets see...
    15 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes, and 35 seconds left until Nintendo tells the date and price of the Wii.
    (my count down clock XD)

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Hey, I joined later, I have an excuse!! XD

Well, looks like the Wii is going to make me get MSN too...XD I'm up for it!! Looks like I'm skipping school! XD Hopefully it will get released on a weekend so I won't have to...looks like it's a Monday though.

A T rating eh? Well, it looks like the graphics will give us some more violent scenes than WindWaker did...whatever, just give me Zelda!

No loading times? I hadn't heard that one...well, hopefully it will have no loading times. On Tony Hawk's American Wasteland it made it seem like there was no loading times by actually loading during the intro and previews and stuff like that. I wonder if this will be similar or if it will actually have minimal load times. Now that you bring up the graphics thing, I think I should show you this:
    https://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/27/rumor-will-nintendo-punk-us-with-the-wii/

What do you guys think of this?

I think that it could happen but this is just the fanboy in me wanting it to be true. But hey, gameplay over graphics right? So even if it's not true I won't really care, it'll just be a plus. I also think that I think it can happen because developers weren't working with final dev'kits for E3 or the GC in Germany. However, I don't think it will be a dramatic improvement...just better. Those are my thoughts on it. I don't know why they would do that but if any company would do that, it's Nintendo.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Ha, if I could I would pull an all nighter, but I probably wouldn't be allowed.

And even if I did, I wouldn't be on MSN (no offence to you guys), I'd be playing Twilight Princess! :p

---

Mumors of TP gaining a T rating were floating around since the first LotR-esque trailer surfaced. I was actually hoping that it would instead gain the e10+ rating once that came to be. It just seems weird to me that a Zelda game would have a T rating. Like Super Smash Bros. Melee, I don't think it belongs there. They have the same amount of violence as their predeccors, just portrayed in a more realistic manner; they should be in E10+.

I'm more excited about the amount of text that the game will have. Majora's Mask already had four times the amount of text found in Ocarina of Time; and The Wind Waker had even more. And Twilight Princess will be double that! ^__^; So much to re-read countless times, study, and ponder upon. Yay for me!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Samurai X: If we can do it in the NFC then we might do it in here. It's a good way to jack up the post count in here. XD

I heard that one of them Tony Hawk games had no loading times, and that sounded good to me.
    I think we all remember that Satoru Iwata was talking about hating loading times at E3 06. So maybe Nintendo is doing away with major loading times (look at the GC, name 10 games with great big loading or saving times.... I really can't think of any...). If they keep with the way the GC was then we'll see some little to no loading times.

I read that on GoNintendo. And I do think the Wii graphics can be better (ATI came out and said what everyone saw at E3 was just the tip of what the Wii can do). But I don't really think Nintendo is giving us "bad" graphics just because they want to (the graphics on the Wii games look great, sure it isn't PS3 or 360, but the Wii isn't about how flashy the graphics are). I mean sure the final games aren't out yet and they will have some cleanup to do on everything. But I don't think we'll see a great jump from E3 to this next Nintendo event (or at the TGS if we don't really see anything on the 14th).

Triffy: Oh come on, if you got a laptop and wireless internet (or can get on where the Wii is at) then think about it. Being on MSN and a bunch of us playing TP at the same time
    "Ok, so everyone ready to start on the first dungeon? We're all going to start at the same time." "Triffy I just got past the first dungeon. Where are you at?". XD

TP should get a T rating, as well as SSBB. I've just always disliked the E10+ rating, to me it's useless and just says "Hey look at me, I'm a kid rating". I know a rating is a rating, but I look at a game like LoZ, SSB, Metroid, and others as being better if it holds a T rating (who would like it if LoZ: TP got an E rating?). Games like Mario or Pokemon they need an E or E10 rating (there's nothing wrong with them two, it's just games like LoZ have fighting and stuff so it needs to be higher).

That is too much reading... I want everyone in TP to talk but for Link to keep his mouth shut. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • True, true. You can count me in

I guess we'll be finding this out on our own in a couple of months. I really hate loading times, I don't know about PS2 but the PSP takes a long time to load games and I can't stand it.

We'll see soon enough, I think they'll get better but I think people are expecting too much after hearing this one.

That would be cool, we could help each other out Awesome

I don't really vare about the rating, it's just for the parents. Just as long as the game is good I wouldn't care if the game got any rating.

That is a lot of reading but we probably won't notice since we're going to be so into the game, I hope.

Also, Nintendo has announced another Press Conference after the New York event on September 15. So this means we're possibly either only 14 or 15 days away from knowing some launch info.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • A little over 9 days till we hear something on it.

MLB: Well PC has been down, getting tons of errors and all sorts of other stuff. I has helped a little that Kwesi turned off the main page so members can't really get on unless they work around it.

I think it's strange that Tecmo is backing the Wii. Mainly because they are like an XBox fan (all the DoA games).
    And who here wants to see Tecmo put DoA5 on the Wii? Any takers? Ok maybe not *wants DoA4 on the 360*. XD

Years
  • Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • All the juicy details are out!!!

November 19th for $250 is the day and price for Americans, it's the same date and a price of $250 Canadian for you, uh, Canadians. December 2nd for the Japanes for 25,000 yen and finally Europe on December 8th for 249 Euros and in the UK for 179 pounds.

Here is a good info page.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It's $250 here in Canada too? I thought it was $270. Not that I'm complaining. XD

So, the information's finally out and the press event is over. I want to hear some comments?

How do you think it went? Did they hit a home-run or strike out? Or maybe a ball? ... Wow. I used a sports analogy. I never thought that would happen.

When I first read everything, I was a bit upset. Metroid Prime 3 was no longer a launch title, and neither Super Smash Bros. or Mario Galaxy showed up to compensate for the loss. But, I really don't think that's a bad. Twilight Princess will be huge! Nintendo knows this, that's why they delayed the GCN version. Everyone wants the game. Why spend $250 for a new system if you can buy it cheaper on the same day? So, it's been delayed. I think that very little will be able to compete with Twilight Princess; even Nintendo's other big franchises. This is the second launch where Mario was absent, but it's the first launch where Zelda was present. It will be huge!

With Metroid being delayed, Nintendo can keep their promise of releasing stellar titles frequently. By the end of the first quarter of next year we should see at least two of the following games on our shelves: Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I do think, however, that the Wii is overpriced. It's just modified GCN hardware, and that's selling for $99. I understand it's a bundle, but I would've rather had an extra remote and nun-chuck for the same price instead of Wii Sports. ... Or better yet, a controller for Virtual Console games. They've been pushing that thing more than the controller, and yet we can't take advantage of it right out of the box. The system is supposed to appeal to everyone, but I think that $250 is too much for non-gamers. Nintendo has never released a console or portable for over $200 until now. I think a better price point would've been within the $150-$200 range. And they would still be making a profit unlike Microsoft and Sony.

I am upset that we have to pay for Opera. And I think that the VC Games are expensive. I wasn't planning on buying any NES or SuperNES games. Any that I'd want to play are already out on the GBA. But, the control sticks on my N64 controllers are busted (I think from excessive Mario Tennis use. XD I got blisters from that game). Aside from OoT and Mario 64 which I have on the GCN and DS, I would've loved to play some N64 games again. But I don't want to buy a game that I already have, even if it's just for $10. The reason I payed more for GBA remakes was the portability aspect. Even if this is cheaper, I still have the games, they still work, and it won't be much of difference playing it on the Wii. I wish they had some system in which you send them bar-codes and you get the game for free or something. I still have my old boxes. It's $10 could probably buy a used N64 controller at EBGames for that, thus solving my problem. I think they missed the ball here.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well since I typed my post up on my laptop (I got here and was going to post this before you guys XD) I'll just post what I said and reply to you guys after.

Ok first things first. Does anyone here have a GameSpot account? I need more friends on my friends list and if PC ever went down again (not that I think it's going to happen) then I would be in contact with you guys. XD

Ok moving on...
    Incase none of you heard the price and date of the Wii has been put out. Before I get to that I want to tell about a few other things with the Wii that we found out (save the best for last).

Wii Channels

Weather: I think this is pretty funny. I mean the weather on your Wii? That's sort of out there... But I guess I'll use it. XD

Mii: Miis incase you haven't heard is what you use to make your own avatar on games like Wii Sports (image thing[/img]). I think it'll be great when online stuff comes into place. And what's better is, you can save them to a Wiimote. So if you want to use your character along with you to a friends house then all you need to take is your Wiimote. No need to bring the Wii and have everyone going "I want to use my character", since it's saved to the Wiimote you all can use your own.

Message Board: This will be great and it's what I wanted for a long long long time (I'm sure you can go back in the thread and read where I wanted something like this). Great way for me to go "Hey guys, want to battle on SSBB?".

News: Well, with this one you'll be able to get news. But I don't see much use coming from this unless it's like gaming news.

Photo: This one is a good one. In photo you'll be able to edit images and stuff ([URL="https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/Photo_channel.jpg"]linker
    ). Sure I think PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro will be far better. But I think this will be fun for kids.

Virtual Console

Wii Shop Channel: Another one of the channels is the shop channel. In there you'll be able to buy VC games.

VC Payment: To pay for the games you'll be able to use a credit card or a Wii Points Card. What I like about the points card is that you can buy them at the store. No need to bug your parents for a credit card or anything like that. Just go to the store, pick up a card and use that. 2,000 points for a $20 card.

VC Game Prices: The prices of the games (in USD) are...

NES: 500 ($5)
    SNES: 800 ($8)
    N64: 1,000 (10)
    I think them prices aren't bad, I mean for the chance to play some of the old games I haven't played in years, or the chance to go back and play some I would love to. I think it's well worth it.

Games

Wii Sports: Wii Sports got an upgrade. You likely already knew about baseball, tennis, and golf. Well it's got 2 new games on it, bowling and boxing. That's right, 5 games in total and all look pretty good.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: What is there to say about this game? That it's going to be a great game? That it's going to lead the launch titles? That it's the first Zelda game at launch? That it's going to be SO DAMN GOOD!
    Ok, I know graphics aren't everything, and I know the Wii isn't going to look as good as the PS3 or 360 (I think on a normal TV it might look pretty close). But click this image[/img]. Tell me that doesn't look great. And keep in mind, I think that image is resized or not really cleaned up. Because [URL="https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-pri-3.jpg"]click here. Look at his sword, now unless Link is back to slashing rocks that sword doesn't look too good. So keep in mind, when you look at that pic remember that it's going to look far better. Yes graphics aren't everything, but still, that looks good.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Yes they pushed it back. They pushed it back for a reason me thinks. May it be that they're not done with it, or they that want to make it multiplayer, or that they don't want to launch it with TP. Whatever the reason is it's not going to be there at launch. But I think I heard that the controls have gotten better (or something like that).

Red Steel: GS people said that Red Steel not only looks better but it feels better. Both the shooting and the sword fighting has been changed around and works out really well now. They even got a new trailer out that looks great.

Lack of Mario and Metroid: Ok, so we know we won't see Mario (again) or Metroid at launch. But I think it "might" be a good thing. Ok just hear me out. What happens if SMG, MP3:C, and LoZ:TP all were launch titles? Don't you think it might hurt not only them games but other games? You have 3 or 4 (Red Steel is like the 4th) heavy hitters up there at launch and it'll kill off all the other launch titles and hurt the sells of them four. I do think that's one of the reasons why SSBB was pushed back (who in their right mind wouldn't get SSBB? And if it was a launch title then not only would it kick Mario and Metroid out of the water, but I do think not even Zelda could stand up to it). Have one or two stronge games at launch and a few months down the road Metroid or Mario gets sent out. Then them games can be given their chance to shine, they are given the chance to get up and go without other titles blocking their way. Sure we all would have liked to have MP3:C, LoZ:TP, and SMG sitting right next to each other right there at launch. But I think this way works out best.

The Wii

Game Price: Reports from Japan was that games were going to cost up to $60. And I do think in Japan games might cost that high. But here games are still the normal $50 bucks (third party not counting). So I'm happy about that, no need for Nintendo to go up on the price of their games.

Controller Price: For a Wiimote and a Nunchuck the total price is $60 ($40 for the Wiimote and $20 for the Nunchuck). I know you guys might be going "WTF? The controller costs more then a game?". Well, yea it does (unless you get a game like Wii Sports that doesn't use the Nunchuck, sure, you need one on most games. But if it's like "Well I need two for drums" then you won't need to spend that $20 for the Nunchuck).
    Me, I'm ok with the price. The reason being that it's so darn advanced. A 360 wireless controller costs $50 bucks ($10 less for ones that can't count XD), but look at how much more you can do with the Wiimote. And new things tends to cost. The Wiimote has some memory in it (for your Mii and other things), it's Blue-Tooth Wireless, it's friggen advanced beyond anything else out there in gaming. Yes it's $60, yes it's up there, but it's well worth it.

System Price: It's $250 bucks. Am I sad? Am I pissed? Am I losing it? Nope. Because I braced myself for that price. Like in my Wii stuff in my LJ. I put "So that means anywhere from $200 to $249.99.". I wasn't looking for anything less then that. And the fact is, I was looking for a $250 price tag. And on top of that you get Wii Sports free in the box when you buy a Wii. If you wanted Wii Sports (like myself) then that's like saving $40-50 right there. If you didn't then you just got a free game to test out the Mii stuff and to test out the Wiimote. You might think the price is up there, but a PSP is $250 and look at how much more you can do with the Wii. Or look at the 360, it's $400 (I use the $400 one because you have to have an HDD to play XBox games, the $300 box doesn't have it). Or the PS3, it's $600 (card ports, and Wi-Fi). There is a price difference in the two. I added it up that I'll spend $410 at launch for the Wii ($10 bucks more then the 360). When my brother got his 360 it was at $570. That's a 360 (high end one), 2 games, and another controller. The Wii set I'm getting is a Wii, another controller, and 3 games (I can tack on another 3 games and still be under the price difference of the Wii set and the 360 set). I know I'm rating. But the thing is, $250 for the Wii isn't half bad. I know some might think "That's far too high". But all you got to do is look at the 360 or the PS3. Look at the prices they are selling/going to sell at.

Release Date: Ok, you want to know when you can walk out your door and go get the Wii? Well, the wait is over starting November 19th. North America is getting it before the rest of the world. 2 weeks after us Japan gets it, a week after them Europe gets it.
    Sure it isn't the Oct launch I wanted. But I'm just happy that we got a price and date (and I'm happy it's not a Dec date...). I know it's 2 friggen days after the PS3 launch in the US. But still, that 2 day head start isn't going to help them much (come on, the PS3's 500K launch next to the Wii's 2-4 Mil launch).

Now...

Samurai X said:
    All the juicy details are out!!!

November 19th for $250 is the day and price for Americans, it's the same date and a price of $250 Canadian for you, uh, Canadians. December 2nd for the Japanes for 25,000 yen and finally Europe on December 8th for 249 Euros and in the UK for 179 pounds.

Here is a good info page.
    *Smacks* had to be first didn't you? XD

Triffy said:
    It's $250 here in Canada too? I thought it was $270. Not that I'm complaining. XD
    It's $280 CAD (it has the same price as the Wii in the US).

Triffy said:

When I first read everything, I was a bit upset. Metroid Prime 3 was no longer a launch title, and neither Super Smash Bros. or Mario Galaxy showed up to compensate for the loss.
    Well, SSBB was pushed back sometime ago. And SMG never really got a launch ok. So it was just MP3.

Triffy said:
    I am upset that we have to pay for Opera.
    Blame Opera for that. XD

Since the price and date is now out, lets see if we can't get some posts in this club to revive it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've been hearing bad things about the Wii version of TP. Essentially it's just a button masher, but without the button. Link does not swing his sword however you swing it. There are videos from the Wii Event which have people simply moving their wrist slightly. I know someone who has played the latest demo (same one used at the Wii event) and he can confirm that. Doesn't matter which way you move you writst, Link will attack the same way he did in older games when you pressed B. It's also sensitive. Just stepping forward can cause Link to swing his sword.

I'm already upset that they flipped the entire game map (they could've just flipped Link, they wouldn't even have to do that since it's not 1:1 control. Lefties can play with their left hand, even though Link is now right handed. The sensor bars read it the exact same way. They should've left him as a lefty), but now the sword swinging is just a gimmick. And it seems like an annoying one at that. T_T;

Morkula

Years
  • I've got to agree with you, Triffy. The Wii swordfighting appears to be nothing but a gimmick. And I'm still not happy about them flipping the whole game.

But the fishing looks absolutely amazing. That's one improvement I'm seeing. Plus the fact that the Wii version comes out almost a month before the GC version.

Overall, I'm not too thrilled about the price either. I was really hoping for a $199 price tag, with a launch date before the PS3. And don't even get me started on the $60 controllers. x.x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • ...Peer Schneider, IGN writer, said this about the game:

One of the changes Nintendo showed in a mildly updated E3 demo at the recent New York event is the departure from the almost two-decades-old sword slash button control. Instead of pressing a button, you now swing the remote to attack with Link's trusty sword. But while swiping with the Wiimote is a closer approximation of attacking with a sword than pushing a button, Nintendo oddly stopped short of making it more than just a gimmicky last-minute addition. You see, it doesn't make a difference whether you swipe horizontally or vertically -- which is an odd limitation.

And...more reading for you: And I confirm that he's played the game

Morkula

Years
  • I really wish Nintendo hadn't delayed the GC version. We know the controls will be near-flawless on it, and it'll probably be the definitive edition of TP. But they keep pushing the Wii version, and frankly I really don't want to have to wait an extra month for a game I've been waiting this long for anyway, while everyone else is playing/beating it. >>

Back