• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I wonder if the Wii has CD playback...anything been said about that? I know it doesn't support DVD playback, so I'm assuming that the only way to get it to play music is to have MP3s on an SD card.

Hm...
    Wii Console $249.99
    Wii Remote (extra one for Wii Sports) $39.99
    Retro Controller $19.99
    Virtual Console Points $20
    Twilight Princess $49.99

Plus 5% VA sales tax...$398.96. Holy crap. @_@

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    For me...

$387.53 CDN for the Wii bundle (does that come with any Wii points?) and Twilight Princess.

I'm having second thought about Monkey Ball. I've have the first two. They're really just little temporary diversions, but not the greatest in the long run. I may just settle with Wii Sports and TP. But...I need another controller, and I need Christmas gifts so...

$80.92 CDN for the remote and nunchuck (wow that's a lot for a controller) shall be a Christmas gift.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Triforce, if you want something quirky and what-not maybe you should consider Rayman Raving Rabbids, it's supposed to have over 70 mini-games and it's probably the most anticipated third party game after Red Steel.

I am paying $568.35 for the Wii, an extra wii-mote and nunchuck, Far Cry, TP, Excite Truck, Rayman Raving Rabbids and 2,000 VC points. It might seem like a lot but I already have $525 thanks to some good luck and a paycheck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You guys are all very, very lucky.

Here in Australia we have to pay $400 for a Wii, even though the direct conversion from $US is around $330

And it's $80 for a controller too.

:(

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I guess everyone is a little lucky.

Ok, so now that we know the price, date, and most launch titles, how do you think the Wii is going to fair at launch and afterwards?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The Wii's sales will skyrocket. No one will buy a PS3. The Xbox 360's sales will magically go in reverse, and it will rain donuts. And all will be right with the world.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    360 sells will take a big hit this year (not like they make all that many sells). The PS3 will sell out the first few weeks (500K worldwide. It'll sell out really quick). The Wii will sell out the 1 Mil is NA by Christmas (maybe even a little quicker). By Jan of 07 we'll see 2-3 Mil worldwide Wii sells.
    That's how I think it'll all turn out.

Square wanting to be fair.
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6158660.html

Wow, we might just see KH3 on the Wii (Robo will like this).

Last edited:

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I say the Wii sells out, the PS3 sells out and the 360 does well, this always happens around the Holidays. After that I believe the Wii will dominate Japan and sell better than the 360 and PS3 in NA and Europe.

If the Wii sells very well in Japan, which we know it will, they might release more exclusives for the Wii.

Also, the Opera browser will be free for all regions if you buy the Wii before June 2007.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2...ness-opera-browser-free-for-all-until-june-2/

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Any idea if it's free for as long as you own the system, or free till June comes around and then you got to pay (this is asking if you buy the system at launch)?

I just revamped the whole Wii LJ thing.
    https://arcanine-88.livejournal.com/16659.html

It's got new updated things on there (I just got around to moving it all off my laptop and on to the desktop, and getting the images together). The price, new Wii stuff, the box of the Wii, the game box and so on.

I also made a little countdown clock thing.
    https://www.freewebs.com/arcylj/wiicount.html

Years
    I think PS3 sales will be MASSIVE for the first week a so but then take it`ll take a HUGE drop. The only mbad thing about the Wii is the price I expected $AU300
    as a maximum. It would be better if it was bundled with a Mario game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I would better if it was $AU330, as that what it is if you convert it from US dollars.

$AU300 would have been very nice, but too low.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I think PS3 sales will be MASSIVE for the first week a so but then take it`ll take a HUGE drop. The only mbad thing about the Wii is the price I expected $AU300
    as a maximum. It would be better if it was bundled with a Mario game.
    Well if Mario was out at launch then they wouldn't have put it in the box. Mario is too big to give away for free.
    And I think the price is pretty good. I mean sure it's like the most costly Ninendo system out there. But look at all of the things it can do.

Wii sports is a collection of games - we get three of them included with the Wii when we purchase it.
    They uped the number of games on Wii Sports since E3. It's now 5 games. Tennis, Golf, BaseBall, and the two new ones are Bowling and Boxing.

Years
    Wii Sports graphics are ok, but the really irratating thing are the people. And Nintendo is trying to target this at non gamer`s and gamer`s but most non-gamers won`t pay $AU400 for a game console

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    For graphics, Wii Sports SUCKs on graphics. But graphics isn't everything (and that's what they're trying to prove with Wii Sports), it's gameplay.

And with that price they are hitting the mark on non-gamers.
    You say a $AU400 price is too high for non-gamers? If that's too high then what other system will they go with? The 360? That system tacks on a $AU500-650 price tag. The PS3? It's $AU830-1000 price tag. If non-gamers don't go with the 400 price then I don't see them dishing out 500-650 for a 360 or 830-1000 for a PS3.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The name merely illustrates the philosphy.

And I don't think they really care either way.

They just wanna get people to play games, that's all. They don't give a rat's ass if it's a newbie or someone who's been sitting on their ass for the last 20 years.

It's all about the money.

Also, isn't there like quite a number of Wii sport games planned?

Back