• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    It's Week 12. Philly has to go up against the big bad Pats; Green Bay at 9-1, 1st in the league in passing yards, and yes Favre has more passing years than Tom Brady. Speaking of Brady, something needs to happen to that guy. Philly's defense needs to step up to the plate and intercept the ball. You can't let New England rack up the points, or you'll never rack up your own points. As for more predictions for upcoming year, here's an update.

AFC East
    New England: 15-1 (They'll lose one, whether it's to Pittsburgh or Baltimore or Philly or the Giants, they'll eventually lose, though Tom Brady will get his single-season touchdown record)

Buffalo: 8-8 (A so-so team. Let's see if their MVP ISN'T their punter this time...)

New York (J): 5-11 (Lookin' good now. If you can beat Pittsburgh then you overcame a big obsticle in your schedule...now they can get more wins...a few more...)

Miami: 1-15 (They'll win one, lucky to win two.)

AFC North

Pittsburgh: 10-6 (Not a great team, but I believe their defense can hold its own against the Brady-Welker-Stallworth-Moss force...)

Cleveland: 9-7 (Good team...Derek Anderson and co. have been doing well...not so for their defense though...)

Baltimore: 7-9 (Good defense, especially with the murderer Ray Lewis on their team...McNair needs to go though...and they need actual receivers...)

Cincinnati: 5-11 (They suck, Chad's hurt, and Carson Palmer probably isn't the amazing QB that the Bengals fans expected...and horrible defense)

AFC South

Indy: 11-5 (They've done well holding their own as defending Super Bowl champs...maybe they'd be the undefeated team as opposed to the Pats if Peyton Manning had a bit better QB performance and have their team wasn't injured)

Jacksonville: 10-6 (On the Colts like a shadow, a sure Wild Card, and a good team overall...if they don't get injured...)

Tennessee: 9-7 (Let's face it...good defense, but Vince Young and Lendel White are pulling the weight for that offense...like the Ravens, they need real receivers)

Houston: 7-9 (They're OK I guess...nothing special here...)

AFC West

San Diego: 8-8 (This division is weak, but San Diego will share the "glory" with the Broncos)

Denver: 8-8 (See above)

Kansas City: 7-9 (Weak team...Croyle's good, their running back [Holmes] was good until he retired today...whatever...)

Oakland: 3-13 (Little better than last year...but...they had 1st round draft pick [since they were 2-14 last year, being worst in the league], and they're still a messed up team...at least try out JaMarcus Russell)

NFC East

Dallas: 13-3 (Flawless most of the year...but I bet ya they'll lose to the Eagles 2nd time around [looking for upsets...]

New York (G): 11-5 (Eli is still improving...but they need a better offensive line and some good defensive players [besides Michael Strahan])

Philadelphia: 9-7 (Still improving...but with Brian Westbrook still there the team isn't going to get worse...)

Washington: 8-8 (Last in the division, but still a so-so team...JUST so-so)

NFC North

Green Bay: 14-2 (Monsterous! Favre and Driver along with rookie running back Ryan Grant; this team is powerful...decent match for the Pats if you ask me...)

Detroit: 9-7 (Losing streaks stink, but hey Kitna, your team at least beat your awesome 3-13 last year)

Chicago: 7-9 (They have potential...its just not at its peak this year)

Minnesota: 6-10 (Vikings - Adrian Petrson = Dead Franchise)

NFC South

Tampa Bay: 9-7 (Good...in bad division)

New Orleans: 7-9 (Reggie Bush's strength will explode later in the season...)

Atlanta: 5-11 (...Vick better get out of jail QUICK!!!)

Carolina: 5-11 (The next game they have in their schedule that they actually have a rat's chance at winning is the 49ers)

NFC West

Seattle: 10-6 (We all know this was coming...)

Arizona: 8-8 (Not such a bad team...but here's something saddening: you're 2nd out of 4 in the worst conference in the NFL)

San Francisco: 4-12 (By the end of the year, you'll see Alex Smith flipping burgers at McDonalds...)

St. Louis: 3-13 (They'll be lucky to win a game since their upcoming games are: Seattle, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Arizona)

Add your comments about the NFL here.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I'm just happy the Detroit Lions finally have a Thanksgiving game that means something ;)

Sadly, my fav team is the Dolphins :0 To quote Jim Mora, "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! I just hope we can win a game!" lol poor Phins.

Lord Mike

Years
    Detroit lost third time in a row. But they were facing Favre and Packers, so what do you expect.

NFL Network host's the Cowboys-Packers game at Dallas on Thursday. Be sure to watch it. I favor the Packers by 10 points (touchdown and field goal). Packs will win it 31-21 and will be 11-1 for the first time since...?

SpaceMuffin

Intergalactic Joy
    Years
    Detroit lost third time in a row. But they were facing Favre and Packers, so what do you expect.

NFL Network host's the Cowboys-Packers game at Dallas on Thursday. Be sure to watch it. I favor the Packers by 10 points (touchdown and field goal). Packs will win it 31-21 and will be 11-1 for the first time since...?

Green bay Packers? I favor the Dallas Cowboys. The score will probably be 35-20, Dallas.

Lord Mike

Years
    Brett Favre>Tony Romo, Greg Jennings and Donald Driver>Jason Witten and Terrel Owens.

Besides the Colts are still super-special awesome.

#2 Defense (Below Steelers)
    #4 Offense (Below Packers, Cowboys, and Pats)

Btw, Peyton Maning can't be dissed either.

SpaceMuffin

Intergalactic Joy
    Years
    Brett Favre>Tony Romo, Greg Jennings and Donald Driver>Jason Witten and Terrel Owens.

Besides the Colts are still super-special awesome.

#2 Defense (Below Steelers)
    #4 Offense (Below Packers, Cowboys, and Pats)

Btw, Peyton Maning can't be dissed either.

You just kind of dissed Peyton Manning in your last reply. You didn't even spell his name right.

But Dallas will prove that they are still and will always be "America's Team".

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This... actually goes in Other Entertainment. Other Games is more for video games, not sports.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, my relative's Boyfriend is a diehard Lions fan. watching that Thanksgiving game was kinda funny ^_^

and I sure hope the Pats don't go undefeated. I like Peyton Manning beter than Tom Brady, and he is a betetr QB IMO. I don't get the NFL Network sadly, so I'm stuck watching the NBA :/

Lord Mike

Years
    Sorry Lightning, I noticed that I put it in the wrong place right after I posted it. I'll be sure to post these threads in the right forum next time.

I hate the Lions. My dad's a Packers fan so we live to see the Lions lose (kidding)! Brady statistically is much better than Peyton this year. But here's the main difference. Of his whole career, Peyton has a much better one than Tom Brady. Higher QB rating overall (94 compared to 92), way more passing yards (40407 compared to 24623), more completions (3371 compared to 2146), more touchdown passes (294 compared to 185), and a higher completion percentage (64% compared to 63%). As you see, Tom Brady has caught up more this year, but Peyton Manning is still overall the better quarterback, and it can be reflected in these stats.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'd have to agree. Besides those AFC Championship games in New England where there was so much snow you could swim in it. Man, did he struggle in those games. But yeah.

I just hope the Dolphins win a game...still...lol

I'm just tired of the Pats. But then again, Randy Moss is great on my Fantasy team with Adrian Peterson :P

Lord Mike

Years
    I like Randy Moss, but that's it. Other than that I don't give a crap about the Pats.

What about playoffs?

I predict:

AFC Wild Cards: Cleveland, Jacksonville
    NFC Wild Cards: New York Giants, Arizona

Round 1: (NFC) Tampa Bay, Seattle, New York Giants, Arizona
    Knocked out: Arizona, Seattle

(AFC) Cleveland, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, San Diego
    Knocked out: Jacksonville, San Diego

Round 2: (NFC) Green Bay, Dallas, Tampa Bay, New York Giants
    Knocked out: Tampa Bay, New York Giants

(AFC) Indianapolis, New England, Cleveland, San Diego
    Knocked out: Cleveland, San Diego

NFC Conference Playoffs: Green Bay beats Dallas
    AFC Conference Playoffs: New England beats Indianapolis

Super Bowl XLII: Green Bay BEATS New England (4th Super Bowl win; 2nd by Favre)

I predict that. Though the conference playoffs can go either way. Dallas vs. Indy, Indy vs. Green Bay, Dallas vs. New England...

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Alright, here's how I see the playoff situation at the end of the year:

NFC Division Leaders
    Dallas 14-2
    Green Bay 14-2
    Seattle 10-6
    Tampa Bay 9-7

NFC Wildcards
    Washington
    New York/Arizona

AFC Division Leaders
    New England
    Jacksonville [yeah, you heard me]
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego

AFC Wildcards
    Indianapolis
    Broncos/Browns

I think with all the injuries to Indy, they won't be able to hold on to the division for the first time in years. It may be mad talk, but Indy usually loses one to Jacksonville every year, and they only have a one game lead. Indy is a far better team, and will be more effective in the playoffs, but I think Jacksonville will steal one
    The rest of my picks are fairly normal I would say
    I'll post playoff bracket predictions later I guess

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I am shocked at how well the Eagles did against the Pats. Wow, both teams have changed quite a bit since their Super bowl matchup a few years back :0

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    With the loss of the Redskins Safety Sean Taylor...I just can't see them making the playoffs now. The increasing level of injuries/death among players is alarming and saddening

The niners are gonna make a comeback! I can feel it.....

Hahaha, sorry buddy, but Patrick Willis is all the 49ers have going for them right now. Gore is a good back, and played a great name, but he's not as good as last year, and that line isn't very stable.
    That said...Willis is insanely good. I've thrown several Pro Bowl votes his way already

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Was I close or what? I was only a little off, but hey I knew the Cowboys would win.

Yeah, when I saw that Woodson was out...I knew Green Bay was done for.
    Packers have no depth at CB. It's arguably the strongest group of starters on the team, and weakest backups

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, the Packers are getting younger. But they are still the oldest team for one reason: Brett Favre. lol jk

That guy won't ever retire :0

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Well, the Packers are getting younger. But they are still the oldest team for one reason: Brett Favre. lol jk

That guy won't ever retire :0

Statistically, they are the youngest in the NFL...maybe second youngest
    And now that Aaron Rodgers has proved himself, I think Favre will call it quits after this year

Back