• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The Patroits are like the Baltimore Colts in the sixites. From tapes they said the Colts were "nasty and mean and spoiled other people's fun". Now the Pats might not be extremely nasty and mean, but they did spoile other people's fun...

Dude come on, the pats didnt request pacman or do anything of the sort. Why blame them of ruining fun, Pacman became interested! The Patriots are building, just like any other team. They just signed two new corners, so it's extremely rare that pac will even go there. The patriots are a good team that can compete for the suber bowl year in and year out, that's why players like going there...

Sheesh

Pacman's agent

Pac's agent said:
    "If Tennessee decides there is going to be a trade, new england would be a very good fit for us," Jones' agent and attorney, Manny Arora, revealed. "The reason for that is great leadership, strong coaching and a winning tradition ... The track record the Patriots have in giving players a fresh start would be a great fit."

Did you hear anything about the him saying the pats were interested? no, he is saying they are interested in new england.

there.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    They blew out several opponents in the 2nd half or in the game overall (Cowboys, Redskins, Bills, Dolphins). Dallas needs youth at CB more than New England does...

Now see the quote I just edited in above in my last comment. The track record of giving players a fresh start part, that's what pacman likes.

See the patriots are weak in the secondary, period, so is dallas. We lost samuel and you guys are old... We are signing a bunch of corners lately. Dallas is dallas, I agree they need some help too....

All in all, I think Pacman is going to dallas. I dont know if bill wants a player of such risk.

Also, on blowing out teams in the second half. Now come on! Seriously bill was preparing them for the future 4th quarters, the game is 60 minutes you should PLAY 60 minutes! And those did help and prepare them win a bunch of games near the end of the year, aka Giants (1st time), Indy, etc etc.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    They blew out several opponents in the 2nd half or in the game overall (Cowboys, Redskins, Bills, Dolphins). Dallas needs youth at CB more than New England does...

Man, I REALLY feel sorry for all those poor, littlke players with their $40,000,000 contracts...boo hoo.

^As in The Patriots can blow out whoever they want, I don't feel sorry for NFL players besides the troubled ones or ones that have been hit with tragedy (oh, and the retired ones. Gene Upshaw...just fails).

Really, they can blow out whoever they want, and the NFL players can go watch the highlights of getting blown out on their 70" plasma TVs. A bit of a stereotype, but really, whining about getting blown out too badly is just pathetic. It's their own fault they're losing by 50 points, not the Patriots' fault.

Also I seem to recall Dallas has a Pro Bowler in Terrence Newman at CB, eh?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Anti-pop, thank you.

I mean now if it's overscoring in high school with kids and all, yeah running up the score isnt good. BUT! It's the NFL here Dawn, they are paid millions to tackle that running back or stop that receiver, etc.

Is there a rule in the NFL about over-scoring? No.
    What did the patriots do exactly? Play 60 friggin minutes, don't you hear the saying by the coachs all the time "PLAY 60 MINUTES!" yeah because the game is sixty minutes.

You dont hear them go, "okay everyone were up a lot let's just play 34 minutes instead" so they heal their wounds in their ice bath after the game. The Pats played 60 minutes, and the end of the regular season showed how that payed off, Ravens, Eagles, Colts, yadayada.

So when a team, say the dolphins... gets completely bulldosed over I don't feel sorry for them, because it's their job to stop us.

Now, new news.
    NFL said:
    Colston is set to become a restricted free agent next year, is still being paid like a seventh-round pick, but there doesn't appear to be any sense of urgency by Colston or the Saints to discuss a contract extension, The Times-Picayune is reporting. "It's not even really something I've thought about to this point," said Colston

Interesting.

Man, I REALLY feel sorry for all those poor, littlke players with their $40,000,000 contracts...boo hoo.

^As in The Patriots can blow out whoever they want, I don't feel sorry for NFL players besides the troubled ones or ones that have been hit with tragedy (oh, and the retired ones. Gene Upshaw...just fails).

Really, they can blow out whoever they want, and the NFL players can go watch the highlights of getting blown out on their 70" plasma TVs. A bit of a stereotype, but really, whining about getting blown out too badly is just pathetic. It's their own fault they're losing by 50 points, not the Patriots' fault.

Also I seem to recall Dallas has a Pro Bowler in Terrence Newman at CB, eh?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Wow, the Saints should...get on that. The guy earned his money (unlike Tim Couch!) and should be paid what he deserves.

BTW I am waiting for a Pats player to respond by saying "It's not OUR fault you guys stunk it up!" It would be priceless, even though I just...don't like the Patriots.

And sorry, I just find trouble having sympathy for the upper part of the upper class in our country.

EDIT: In most cases, there are some (Pacman Jones, the players who were greatly affected by Katrina...) that I actually do feel pretty sorry for, but in general...yeah.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I thought so too, the saints need to sign him already he's done a ton for them. But alas, money is tight in their cap I think.

Lol, I wanted vrabel to just mouth off and say that, instead he's now part of the new player union. lol

Also, Dallas may be soon paying ware a ton of money, Freeney type cash with a new deal.
    Sheesh, another dallas player to get payed big. I wonder how many bens are left in jerry's pocket after this pay.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ok I have not been here for a week or so and I see people saying Pacman to the pats? you must be retarded...NO ONE wants to head to the pats right now because of this spy gate case its really hot there, and most likely if you go your going to end up being burned....

and on another note, on NFL.com, their mock draft is a little off to say the least..they have the Jets taking Matt Ryan lmao...I dont see that as being Smart, nor a good Idea..They need more explosiveness before they go and get a 3rd QB so I would go with one of the good ends (long/Gholston) or Mcfadden, more likely Mcfadden because it is harder to come by a back with the Talent of Mcfadden...and not to mention they have a QB in Chad Pennington that is capable of taking them to the playoffs, he just needed a reinforced line so they should AT LEAST give him a shot

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Dallas stepped up the Pacman deal. Now a player not yet named will go along with a seventh-round draft pick. Dallas is really intrested in Pacman...

Let's hope he becomes a good, outstanding citizen from now on...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Steelers schedule released.

Sept. 7 Texans 1 p.m.
    Sept. 14 at Browns 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
    Sept. 21 at Eagles 4:15 p.m.
    Sept. 29 Ravens 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
    Oct. 5 at Jaguars 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
    Oct. 12 Bye
    Oct. 19 at Bengals 1 p.m.
    Oct. 26 Giants 4:15 p.m.
    Nov. 3 at Redskins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
    Nov. 9 Colts 4:15 p.m.
    Nov. 16 Chargers 4:15 p.m.
    Nov. 20 Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
    Nov. 30 at Patriots 4:15 p.m.
    Dec. 7 Cowboys 4:15 p.m.
    Dec. 14 at Ravens 1 p.m.
    Dec. 21 at Titans 1 p.m.
    Dec. 28 Browns 1 p.m.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ahahahaha, Pats got the easiest schedule in the league (statistical average)
    Though we do have to go west 4 times. Looks to be an interesting season. Quin, the steelers got the toughest schedule (again just by stats). :O wow.

Also, holy muffins! The NFL made a huge mistake, how in the world could they take a home game from New Orleans and make them play in london! The Saints are the absolute last team they should take a home game from. Stupid choice NFL, that city needs everything it can get, and your taking it away. Bad call. You see the Arena football and college pushing their championships there and all, and the NFL takes away a home. That's just sad.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Ahahahaha, Pats got the easiest schedule in the league (statistical average)
    Though we do have to go west 4 times. Looks to be an interesting season. Quin, the steelers got the toughest schedule (again just by stats). :O wow.

Also, holy muffins! The NFL made a huge mistake, how in the world could they take a home game from New Orleans and make them play in london! The Saints are the absolute last team they should take a home game from. Stupid choice NFL, that city needs everything it can get, and your taking it away. Bad call. You see the Arena football and college pushing their championships there and all, and the NFL takes away a home. That's just sad.
    Pats play their division foes, which makes up almost half their schedule, who had a combined record of 12-36.

Anyway, I have to agree. New Orleans needs every game it can get. Also, from the San Diego point of view, forcing a West Coast team to play in London (An Eight hour difference) is really not too fair at all.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Pats play their division foes, which makes up almost half their schedule, who had a combined record of 12-36.

Anyway, I have to agree. New Orleans needs every game it can get. Also, from the San Diego point of view, forcing a West Coast team to play in London (An Eight hour difference) is really not too fair at all.

You know, on the london game, I really find it funny. Well not funny, sad about the situations dealing with the Chargers and Saints.

Here's why:
    Saints - As I stated before, it's idiotic to take an important home game from the city that needs it most.

Chargers- whom are on the other side, way over on the west coast. So the Chargers requested the change of the schedule to make their before game on the east coast so that they didn't have to travel so far, and what did the NFL do? They looked into and gave it to them (I'll go find the article later) Anyways, it's sad becase they can look into the chargers situation and "somewhat" fix it. Though they can't look into the Saints... I mean seriously, they just need to take a ride down to New Orleans, and just witness some destruction. I seriously thought one of the most successful businesses in America could see and fix something that wide open.

Anyway, after last season with the biggest let down in sports history (from a Pat perspective) I thought it was surprising to see we "stat wise" got the easiest schedule. Even if half is our division, still. Though, every year teams change.... so who knows what this season brings. *shrugs*

Also, wow so McNair retired. Well, good thing he got to walk out on his own terms and not an injury or something.

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    You know, on the london game, I really find it funny. Well not funny, sad about the situations dealing with the Chargers and Saints.

Here's why:
    Saints - As I stated before, it's idiotic to take an important home game from the city that needs it most.

Chargers- whom are on the other side, way over on the west coast. So the Chargers requested the change of the schedule to make their before game on the east coast so that they didn't have to travel so far, and what did the NFL do? They looked into and gave it to them (I'll go find the article later) Anyways, it's sad becase they can look into the chargers situation and "somewhat" fix it. Though they can't look into the Saints... I mean seriously, they just need to take a ride down to New Orleans, and just witness some destruction. I seriously thought one of the most successful businesses in America could see and fix something that wide open.

Anyway, after last season with the biggest let down in sports history (from a Pat perspective) I thought it was surprising to see we "stat wise" got the easiest schedule. Even if half is our division, still. Though, every year teams change.... so who knows what this season brings. *shrugs*

Also, wow so McNair retired. Well, good thing he got to walk out on his own terms and not an injury or something.
    Do you really think the NFL and the Saints would agree to give up a home game if New Orleans absolutely needed the revenue a single home game would bring?

Either way, a big part of the reason is Division, and yeah, maybe both divisions (AFC East and West) will be a little tougher this year.

McNair.. always kind of liked him, but not totally. Glad he didn't get released though. Bad way to end a career like his.

Back