• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I actually predicted the Giants to win, because I like the Giants. And I'll watch the Pro Bowl, but it's going to be boring since I don't know who's playing

The Pro Bowl is always boring. Oh well, I was one of the like, 3 viewers lol

But yeah, season is over. It was a good one.

The Lions improved quite a bit this year :0

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I think the most improved team is the Texans. I think that the way that the way the NFL is going, they maybe a playoff contender if Andre Johnson can stay healthy.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    The Most improved team was the Packers, and all of the AFC south except the Colts because they are always good. the most disappointing team to me was the Jets my favorite team :( and the Ravens. The Colts fall in there also not for nothing. I think the Packers will make it back to the NFC Championship next year.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Dallas will be far improved next year. Dallas's offensive and defensive lines will one of the best in the NFL. And Dallas will trade RB Marion Barber III and their first round picks to Miami to grab the No. 1 overall pick and grab RB out of Arkansas, Darren McFadden. Dallas will win a playoff game, excuting this year's SB Champs, New York. Green Bay @ Dallas in the NFC Championship

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ok if dallas trades away barbor for an UNproven back in the NFL, it could blow up in their face like wth every pick in the nfl.

Barbor is a heck of a lot better then people think, and mcfaddan wont be carrying anything until the draft is here.
    Most improved team this year was the browns, no doubt, they will be a playoff team next year.

Next year. The team I worry about will be much better, San D. will be a force next year, just watch...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    How good Peterson played, he was 7th overall. McFadden has the speed and strength. Plus, Miami is wanting to shop the pick, and Dallas is the only team rumored to be interested

True, peterson was a monster, but remember other backs in the first round that were busts...

things can happen...

Miami is rumored to shop the pick, but this is the trade I last heard discussed...
    Barbor and two first round draft picks, for the 1number one selection...
    Miami wins hands down in the deal. As barbor is just a plain and simple beast, and always has.

We can't say how good mcfad will be as the transition to the nfl, is huge. Some backs thrive, some fall off and we never hear about them again...

And say mcfadden does bust, Jones won't be doing much, it will be a bad sitchu for dallas..

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Jerry Jones certainly will have to dodge some fireballs. But, how McFadden played at Arkansas and how good Barber ran this year. Dallas will be better and McFadden will get a shade under 1,000 yds. I don't think McFadden will be a bust

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Jerry Jones certainly will have to dodge some fireballs. But, how McFadden played at Arkansas and how good Barber ran this year. Dallas will be better and McFadden will get a shade under 1,000 yds. I don't think McFadden will be a bust

Yeah i dont think he'll bust ether, just a possibility though, if mcfad does play like peterson dallas is insanely good. xD

But I think peterson is one of those once in a lifetimers, he's that good, up there with m fualk and such.

We all thought reggie was amazing and were is he? not that great unfortunately.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't really see how getting McFadden for Barber is going to solve the Cowboys' problems considering that defense is the problem. Marion is a Pro Bowler, not some slob. That deal makes no sense to me.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Dallas will be far improved next year. Dallas's offensive and defensive lines will one of the best in the NFL. And Dallas will trade RB Marion Barber III and their first round picks to Miami to grab the No. 1 overall pick and grab RB out of Arkansas, Darren McFadden. Dallas will win a playoff game, excuting this year's SB Champs, New York. Green Bay @ Dallas in the NFC Championship

Gettin a little bit ahead of yourself there. That wont Happen at all. As much as I think Marion Barber should be Dallas' Starter and all that, Because I believe he does have a BRIGHT future, Parcells will not take him for a 1st round draft pick. Parcells is going to build a Defense before he does an Offense. He is going to pick up a QB most likely in the Draft, but not until the 2nd round. The #1 Pick is going to involve a Defensive Player. Mcfadden will Drop to the KC,The Jets, Or Hopefully not, but MAYBE the Pats. Which I think would be extremely Stupid, considering Maroney is not bad at all, and they have a good Offense, but Bellicheck is going to look to improve that even more because he is a fool, and he is desperate at this point because of the Super Bowl loss. So I hope, and think Mcfadden will fall to the Jets. they can always pick up a Defensive End in Free agency or a trade even though Howie Longs Son (forget his first name) would be a GREAT addition to the Jets. But if The Jets are on the Clock, and Mcfadden, AND Chris Long (Yea! thats his name lol) are both available, its going to be a Pick your Poison type situation. Because who ever the Jets Dont take, The Pats will. So I would much rather take the Offensive Player (McFadden) over Chris Long because its hard enough to Stop the pats Offense as it is. But then again, If you could build a Defense around Chris Long, Who has a Never say Die Attitude, and you can be successful I would go with Long. So its a tough call, who ever does go to the Jets out of the 2 will be a photo finish for the Spot. But then again, Chris Long might go to Miami because Parcells would love a player like him.

On another Note, The Pats might be looking at Vernon Gholston who is a Defensive End. The might fall out however if Asante Samuels leaves, because the Pats more then likely will not sign him to a long term deal, and The Jets are pulling hard to get Him in Free agency which they would greatly need.

The Saints Also, will need a Corner so they might try and pull Samuels in as well because that was a big problem last year for them.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dallas is just a shaky team altogether. I honestly thought they were overrated from the start and let's face it...TO isn't getting any younger and Tony Romo is shaky himself with Eli Manning-like inconsistencies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Dallas grabs Asante Samuel from FA. Dallas needs secondary work...
    First you need to start thinking of cap bro, your thinking about all these great players, it costs money ya know xD

The Boston Globe reports that Asante Samuel, an unrestricted free agent starting Feb. 29, wants to stay with the Patriots. The Pro Bowl cornerback made $7.79 million this season after being designated the team's franchise player last offseason. "The fans love me and I love them back," Samuel told the paper. "The organization loves me and, hopefully, we can work it out."

No way will samuel be a cowboy, my patriots arn't letting that happen :P Hopefully he wont leave... :D

And anti I agree unless romo gets a massive fixing thing will just downgrade, and spiral outward :\

Also I agree SSL_joe, The pats will get a defensive player, I like the cornerback from kansas though, he looks like a Pat to me, if he has a good combine, he's a top 10 pick... So it could be him...

Rodney harrison said he's returning xD oh noes I wanted him to retire, oh well sanders is great replacement, merriweather is fine too...

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Dallas will not grab Samuels in Free agency no matter what the circumstances are. Jerry Jones is a moron if you ask me, and he has ALWAYS focused on Offense. and Dallas does not need Secondary work, they need to get rid of Old ass Patrick Clayton who likes to run his mouth but then drops the most critical ball in the playoffs which could have been a game changer.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Patrick Crayton is NOT old and Jerry Jones is NOT a moron ! (Last time I checked, taking a team that went 1-15 in 1989 and leading them to 3 Super Bowls in not moronic). Jerry Jones is looking at this team and Dallas needs: youth at the receiving corps and in the secondary. Watch you you say and you need to get your facts straigh (If this is mini-modding, I'm sorry)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Patrick Crayton is NOT old and Jerry Jones is NOT a moron ! (Last time I checked, taking a team that went 1-15 in 1989 and leading them to 3 Super Bowls in not moronic). Jerry Jones is looking at this team and Dallas needs: youth at the receiving corps and in the secondary. Watch you you say and you need to get your facts straigh (If this is mini-modding, I'm sorry)

These aren't facts, they're OPINIONS, and my opinion is that your font color is really annoying and difficult to read >.>

But there is some truth to what he said. I wouldn't call picking up Tank Johnson amazingly smart, and Jerry Jones DOES focus far too much on offense.

Seriously, the Cowboys are overrated and were all year. their playoff output shows that to be true both this year and last.

And in all honesty I'm not giving all the credit to Jerry Jones for those 3 Super Bowls just yet.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years

OK FIRST OF ALL my facts are straight... Your just a stubborn Dallas Mark... Jerry Jones is not responsible for winning those Super Bowls. Its not that hard to sign checks and sit in your private box every game and discuss the Wine your drinking. for Instance Parcells was the one who turns the franchise into a winning one again when he put Romo as a starter. secondly, Patrick Crayton is Old. 28 is not exactly young, especially when you suck as much as he does... So since he isnt getting any younger, or better for that matter he is Considered OLD AND USELESS...and when I said old i did not mean it in that context, I meant it as hes Old News...he isnt any good hes a half ass receiver at best, and if I recall he DROPPED THE BIGGEST PASS OF HIS LIFE against the giants. If his hands were as Big as his mouth he would have easily caught it though. So take your miserable sad excuse for a playoff run and your Biased opinion else where.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    OK FIRST OF ALL my facts are straight... Your just a stubborn Dallas Mark... Jerry Jones is not responsible for winning those Super Bowls. Its not that hard to sign checks and sit in your private box every game and discuss the Wine your drinking. for Instance Parcells was the one who turns the franchise into a winning one again when he put Romo as a starter. secondly, Patrick Crayton is Old. 28 is not exactly young, especially when you suck as much as he does... So since he isnt getting any younger, or better for that matter he is Considered OLD AND USELESS...and when I said old i did not mean it in that context, I meant it as hes Old News...he isnt any good hes a half ass receiver at best, and if I recall he DROPPED THE BIGGEST PASS OF HIS LIFE against the giants. If his hands were as Big as his mouth he would have easily caught it though. So take your miserable sad excuse for a playoff run and your Biased opinion else where.

SSJ_Joe tore dawn a new one...
    And I am kinda fed up with jerry too, he's a person that cares about money and winning, it's like he doesnt care of anything else sometimes....he didnt win suber bowls, the players did...

Clayton isnt great by anymeans, and wasnt he mouthing off saying how theyd rematch the pats in the suberbowl and win, the pats got there, while he dropped passes... :\

And talking about this offseason:
    how about the falcons and miami! Talk about cleaning house, I swear parcells is going to do something great with miami, I can feel it, and if he gets that ridiculous dallas trade, miami is a "Watch out" instead of "Next week" ....but that's always a maybe...

falcons release Crump!?!?!?! crazy fools that is their best wide out

Also I am still furious at the penn. sentor this offseason, T_T Ok Pats cheated, got caught, punished, move on! Now he wants congressional hearings!?! and taking various shots at goddell, "Oh I believe my eagles were cheated on, they should get their suberbowl, goddell didnt make sense with his straight face." that ticks me in soooo many ways...T_T oh and how about the rams, "Oh they taped all our practices, give us a suber bowl" and not one thing of evidence...now all of a sudden, isnt it strange we have all this...-> it's like "Oh over here, I have something on them" when nothing happened in the beginning, odd if you ask me.

Gosh the fools need to let it go...There are plenty of other teams that cheat as well without being caught...and hey the Dolphins did it, we didnt turn that into a field day? why? Because they're bad... and because the pats are dang good...

AND! Goddell was watching the tapes, and you know what most of them had... The defensive cordinator waving at the camera, thats right! Smiling and saying hi, The opposing teams knew it, and Bill thought it was in the rules himself...So teams even know there is cheating, that's our sports world today, and now congress wants to get in everything, what happened to passing bills, and worring about the economy. Mangini, one coach that thought "hey ill rat them out as im a sore loser, hahaha, ruin the entire pats franchise"...
    Did the other coachs do it? no they moved on as they were probaby doing it too, mmmmm.
    I have absolutly no more respect for that man, never will.

Irritates me, as this lonely senator, who thinks the pats knew everything and dont deserve anything...

Sorry for blowing my top off, but ugh! T_T it hit a nerve...yes i'm a pats fan, pretty bias opinion but whatever, still tips me over board.

So what does everyone think of how the offseason is going?

Last edited:
    Back