• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I HATE the pats...even though i have said it 1,000,000 times lol. I am AMAZED that Colts lost..I knew it would be a close game, but you just couldnt really expect them to win considering Dwight Freeney was out, and Harrison was not Prepared...if you think about it Harrison cost them the game...if they dont score that 7 off the fumble, the Colts would be ahead at the end, and instead of going for it on 4th, they would have kicked the Field goal at the end b4 their last drive and on their last drive they woulda ran the clock. also, they should have at least put Harrison on the field on that last drive when Wayne got hurt...you cant throw some 4th or 5th string in on 3rd, and 4th down to decide the game.. even if you werent gonna throw to Harrison he would have attracted enough attention, or they would have ignored him because they saw him as a non factor, and the colts would have thrown to him for a Potential 1st down, or maybe even a TD..Oh well...Lets just hope the Chargers can play Spoiler like NE did last year...and Waffle dont give them the benefit of the doubt, They might not make it to the Super Bowl to even SEE Green bay..I hope it ends up like that..Chargers Vs. The Green bay FAVRES..Not the Packers...the FAVRES lol...and Lord, the NFC has looked good all year...and thats because Favre is SHINING SO BRIGHT that he makes up for the lack of competition in the NFC so he makes it look good...Sorta like a Representative...Maybe if Peyton didnt spend so much time doing Commercials he would of Won also...Did you see his New Oreo commercial with Eli? its pretty funny lol

Last edited:

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Are you on crack? the NFC has plenty of competition. The three best NFC teams are the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers. Other semi-good teams are Buccaneers, Redskins, and the Bears when Grossman isn't ****ing up

flarizardmew

Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^
    Years
    The Chargers and the FAVRES (I like that one). now that would be something. McCarthy should've gotten coach of the year. He improved so much.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    No...The ONLY good Teams in the NFC are Green Bay and I would say the Giants but they are not inconsistent, The Cowgirls were an average team but just above the rest of the league. The only reason they beat Green Bay, is because Favre let the whole 0-8,now 0-9 in Texas stadium get to him, and last I checked, 3 of their wins came from a beat up, broken down AFC East Division and this is coming from a Die Hard Jets fan, and they beat the Lions by luck, but then got destroyed by the Eagles the following week etc... and also, I gotta say that Jessica Simpson thing is BULL because last I checked, both of Romos worst games of his Career came late in the Season against the Eagles...So Hint Hint... Every team in the NFC is Inconsistent actually..not just the Giants. Look at the Vikings...Once they stopped running Peterson as much they started to lose which I dont get...Why fix it if it aint broken? and to further prove my point...out of the last 12 Super Bowls guess how many NFC teams won? ONLY ONE TEAM! and that team would be the Rams...and in closing the best 3 NFC teams are: The Green Bay Favres, The Green Bay Favres, and The Green Bay Favres....Oh and MAYBE The Green Bay Favres. but I gotta say...WITHOUT Shocky, the Giants are a WAYYYYYYYY Better team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The NFC really takes too much of a beating these days from the public opinion standpoint >.>

Really, it's more coincidence that the better teams end up in the AFC. Really, I can only see about 3 AFC teams that could survive the NFC bracket of the playoffs. Really, even the "almighty" Patriots almost lost to the Giants. The gap isn't that big. It's a lot like the SEC/Big ten thing-just the media making too big a deal out of the fact that OSU is simply a weaker team than some SEC schools.

People expect teams to always be on top of their games, it's a bit unfair...

I do agree the Cowboys are overrated and always were. I wasn't surprised to see them lose again.

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    If you switched the Giants into AFC and the let's say Chargers, the Chargers would be dead in a week. The Cowboys would just destroy the Chargers every season twice. Now let's see the Giants, hmmm looks like they would be in the Confrence Championships every year for the AFC. Looks like aside from the two good AFC teams the NFC has better teams.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    If you switched the Giants into AFC and the let's say Chargers, the Chargers would be dead in a week. The Cowboys would just destroy the Chargers every season twice. Now let's see the Giants, hmmm looks like they would be in the Confrence Championships every year for the AFC. Looks like aside from the two good AFC teams the NFC has better teams.

I doubt that to be honest. The Cowboys are overrated, hugely. If the Chargers can beat The COLTS, they will sure as heck beat the 'Bows at least once. They'd be contenders for sure.

The AFC is a stronger conference. When you have the Pats and Colts, that's a given. Also, The Steelers, Chargers, and Jaguars would probably beat up on a lot of the NFC. While the differences aren't that big, I think it's safe to say that the whole AFC is better than the NFC.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    If the Chargers were in the NFC they would be in the NFC championship every year lmao..Who is gonna stop them? Other then the Eagles who do play well against LT, when they played them their super bowl year LT had -2 yards at half, and like 26 total at the end of the day and there are like 2 other teams who have good run defense in the NFC...hell you put the Titans in the NFC they will be in the Playoffs 9 outta 10 years ever 10 years lmao.. and it has nothing to do with the good teams JUST HAPPEN to be in the AFC...it use to be the NFL (NFC) was wayyyy better then the AFL(AFC) but then the AFC came about and BUILT TEAMS like the Jags, like the Broncos, Like the Chargers, Like the Raiders, Like the Jets, like the Colts, etc...(and when I say Raiders, I DO NOT MEAN these Raiders we have today lmao)

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    The AFC has plenty of **** teams; such as Jets, Ravens, 49ers, Titans, Raiders, Kansas City, etc. The NFC has only like 4 bad teams. and stop saying lmao after every word

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    ok...Shawn...you clearly do not know Football...the Ravens are normally not a bad team, nor are they a bad team PERIOD, the Titans made it to the playoffs, and the Jets had an off year with QB drama...Half the NFC is horrible oh and the 49ers are not in the AFC genius their in the Hawks Division hence why the Seahawks win it EVERY YEAR because it has them and the Cardinals in it so that is the formula for SUCK...Oh and last I checked all of the AFC teams you named were in the Playoffs last year except the Raiders, the NFC wild card is ALWAYS the same its the Giants and someone else from that division or SOMETIMES someone from the Packers Division usually the packers/Vikings and for example if the Giants were in the AFC last year they wouldnt have made it to the playoffs, the Wild Card teams last year were 10-6 and 9-7 and this year they were 10-6 and 11-5 the 10-6 team being the TITANS who you named as basically worthless...and last I checked the Ravens only did bad because of their offense and lack of being able to outscore other people...But last year they went 13-3 so as long as they have a supporting offense to go with their Super Bowl Caliber Defense they are great, and lets see...the Titans went 3-1 against the NFC this year, and The "HORRIBLE" Ravens went 3-1 against NFC...mean while the ONLY NFC team to go 4-0 vs the AFC would be the Packers against AFC opponents and the NFC east had the Easiest schedule as far as the AFC facing the Bills,Dolphins, and Jets and losing only to the Pats so I dont even count the NFC east vs. the AFC east they won games they should have, and lost the 1 game they should have...so yea..They can barely meet the standards of the AFC and out of the last 11 Super bowls the NFC has won TWICE...Bucs/Rams

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The AFC has plenty of **** teams; such as Jets, Ravens, 49ers, Titans, Raiders, Kansas City, etc. The NFC has only like 4 bad teams. and stop saying lmao after every word

Um, not really.

I think the Falcons, 49ers, Eagles, Saints, Cardinals, Rams, and Bears disagree with you there. The Panthers are also pretty bad and the Vikings are so 1-dimensional it isn't even funny.

That post was terribly inaccurate dude >.> the 49ers are in the NFC and the Titans kind of made the playoffs :/ Let's not forget that most of the teams you mentioned are one year removed from making it to the playoffs. Sounds more like down years to me...

And does it really matter what conference has the worst teams? It's about having the best teams, not how many cellar dwellers you can find.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    THANK YOU..the Eagles since their Super Bowl year have been horrible, the 49ers just suck which is sad since they are one the best HISTORICAL teams, same for the Bears, the Falcons division is 100% bad especially now that theirs no vick, you can go like 5-11 and make the playoffs in that division (not literally but you get my point..actually maybe literally we will see next year lol) the Vikings are not only 1 dimensional but they are STUPID for stopping the run game with Peterson so Shawn you are 100% wrong

flarizardmew

Years
    I think all teams have the potential to be good or bad. It just depends on what their state of mind, motivation, and overall performance are. Teams have their years.

I don't know why, but I think this would be interesting. If the European League winner and the American League could face eachother in a sort of Super Bowl type game to determine a winner. Just a thought I've been having. Random, I know, so disregard if you dont feel like commenting.

flarizardmew

Years
    But I agree. Anything could happen in tomorrows games. Statistics is a good for predictions, but you dont really know until they actually start playing. A team may suck in the beginning, but if they have the potential, they might make a comeback.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I agree... I wouldnt be surprised ONE BIT if the Chargers play Spoiler for the Pats like they Pats did to the Chargers last year. I am sticking with GB over NY though..and Flarizard I like ur sig lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Picks for the games...I really hope they haven't started yet...but I haven't watched or anything lol

Packers/Giants: 27-21 Green Bay

I think the Giants play a great game but fall just short...more of a guess than anything lol

Pats/Chargers: 1,000,000,000-0 Pats

lol jk...probably more like 38-21. I dunno, they're so good T_T

Yeah, I don't know this weak lol...I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants win.

flarizardmew

Years
    I had a dream about I was watching the Pats-chargers game. it was into the third quarter and the pats were trailing by ten points and were on a third down on the 32 yard line. Then I kept asking my dad who won the packer-giants game, and he wouldn't give me a straight -forward answer.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I had a dream about I was watching the Pats-chargers game. it was into the third quarter and the pats were trailing by ten points and were on a third down on the 32 yard line. Then I kept asking my dad who won the packer-giants game, and he wouldn't give me a straight -forward answer.

Being a big college football fan, I dreamed the exact score of the OSU-Illinois game this year before the game lol. It had me creaped out too :0

I don't really think the Bolts have a good shot...but hey, that's why they play the games.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Super Bowl prediction

Packers Def. Patriots: 36-30 in an Overtime shootout

Favre: 27-34 373 yds, 3 Touchdowns
    Grant: 22 Rushes, 113 yds 2 Touchdowns (Including game winner)
    Driver: 6 catches for 101 yds

Brady: 30-38 405 yds, 4 Touchdowns
    Maroney: 15 Rushes, 44 yds
    Moss: 2 catches, 33 yds

Offensive MVP: Brett Favre
    Defensive MVP: A.J. Hawk

Back