• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    That would be great...Doubtful....But great...Green bay owns the NFC...and as long as New England dont win Im happy, I only wish the Jets could win the freakin superbowl lol...oh well, The only time I really dont like in the Playoffs other then NE which I hate 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%, but I dont like the Chargers. I dont know why...I just dont lol...I do like them sometimes, but this year in the playoffs I dont. and I dont want to see the Hawks beat Favre. I want Favre to win one more time before he gets out of the game...But he can always do it next year, he said today that he will be back next year and that he would like to continue the streak.(No not the starting Streak, but the Teams Streak of Passion, and Fire burning, and he wants to keep winning) So anyway, as far as the Big one goes, I would LOVE to see Eli Vs. Peyton, or Favre Vs Peyton and if SOMEHOW by MIRACLE the Pats make it to the Superbowl by some sort of Divine intervention, like When the Ravens Defensive Coordinator called time out on 4th and 1, meanwhile they Had stopped Tom Brady, and then COSTING them the game single handedly as then the Ravens had a frustrating Meltdown because of that stupidity, I would Love to see Favre Beat up on their Defense. Trust me, NE cannot stop GB's offense in a 5 wr set or 4 wr shotgun 1 RB...the 4 wideouts + Ryan Grant would be better though,considering None of their Linebackers in NE will be able to keep up with Grant for long, if at all. It would most likely be a Score fest being like a GAZILLION to a GAZILLION lol...but GB would edge it, they have a good enough D to stop NE more then NE can stop GB.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Time to cash in my picks for the games tomorrow...

AFC

Pats/Jags: 49-13 Patriots

I'm amazed at all the hype the Jags keep getting despite blowing an 18 point lead to the Steelers in the 4th quarter. I think the Jags are overrated and I honestly think the Pats are going to DISMANTLE them. I really don't see the Jags putting up any sort of fight. And really, who bets against an undefeated team when the team they're playing can't hold an 18-point 4th quarter lead?

The Pats also have prettier jerseys.

Colts/San Diego: 27-21 Colts

Pretty much a Colts win here, Chargers try to come back with a few late TDs but fall short. I think they'll be shut down by the Colts D, especially w/o Antonio Gates, and Marvin Harrison is likely to have a big game. Also, Peyton Manning isn't going to throw 6 picks and Adam (however you spell the last name >.>) won't miss a 30-yarder this time around.

The Colts also have prettier jerseys.

NFC

Green Bay/Seattle: 24-23 Green Bay

I think Green Bay wins this, but I think it's going to be closer than people think. The 'Hawks have been under the radar all year, and I think they have a good shot at beating the Pack. that being said, I chickened out and picked the Packers anyways.

The Packers also have prettier jerseys.

Dallas/NYG: 31-27 NYG

This was tough since both teams have okay jerseys, one wasn't all that much prettier. So I actually applied some logic and picked the Giants. I think Eli has a big day and takes out the Cowboys. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys won. I doubt that whole "Jessica Ohno" or "Yoko Simpson" crap they're hyping up in Dallas has any effect, I just think the Giants can't lose to the Cowboys THREE times. And the Cowboys have a meh pass coverage unit. *cough Roy Williams cough*

I pick teams with pretty jerseys because I have my opinions, but my sister always seems to get more picks right with "wow, that team hasd pretty colors on!" so I decided to go her route lol

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    As much as I dislike the Jaguars... I don't like the Pats even more... so I'll definitely be cheering for the Jags that game.

I hope the Giants go to the super bowl, my cousin is in the war and he's a big giants fan, so my family will be cheering for them.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Sounds good! Remember peoples, it is SATURDAY! Here is a reminder to watch todays games! Here are the times...

Seattle at Green Bay - 4:30 ET/3:30 CT on FOX
    Jacksonville at New England - 8:00 ET/7:00 CT on CBS

Go Packers and Jags! Whooooo!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Looks good EXCEPT for the Pats-Jags game. That WILL NOT be a blow out. Lol. Jags might win! :)

No, the Jags have been overhyped.

they have an inexperienced QB (as far as the playoffs are concerned) that made crucial mistakes against the Steelers.

Bill Belichick is VERY smart, Garrard will be rattled and I think the notion of the Jag's running game is lol. That has been overhyped as well, and the Pats are smart enough and good enough to be able to beat down the Jaguars.

They're also missing a few defensive starters, I don't really see them stopping Randy Moss and Wes Welker. I think the Pats are going to just OBLITERATE them, DESTROY them.

Also, I don't find it smart to bet against a team that hasn't lost yet this season, and the Jags haven't proven to me that they can compete with the speed and smarts of the Patriots. I think they're tired of hearing everybody picking the Jags (which makes me lol even more that SO MANY people pick them when they've proven very little, especially in the postseason...and did I mention the Pats are UNDEFEATED?) and I think they just SMASH the Jags right in the gut.

If the Jags can blow an 18-point lead in the 4th Quarter against the run-happy Steelers...think about it. Even if they DO come off to a tremendous start and jump on them, they can't hold the lead. Just look at the Pitt game...and they like to run the ball! Imagine what will happen to them when they're going up against Tom Brady and Randy Moss!

Let's put it this way...It's like Salamence vs. Butterfree (whcih for those who don't know...Salamence would DESTROY it).

The Jags are a good team, but they're just the popular pick this year and will stumble.

And they have prettier jerseys.

That would be tyhe defense of my pick, lol...I can't wait to watch the game. I really hate the Pats, but in a weird way I'm kind of rooting for them...that way the Colts can beat 'em up next week ;)

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Time to cash in my picks for the games tomorrow...

AFC

Pats/Jags: 49-13 Patriots

I'm amazed at all the hype the Jags keep getting despite blowing an 18 point lead to the Steelers in the 4th quarter. I think the Jags are overrated and I honestly think the Pats are going to DISMANTLE them. I really don't see the Jags putting up any sort of fight. And really, who bets against an undefeated team when the team they're playing can't hold an 18-point 4th quarter lead?

I got news for ya...History goes against Undefeated teams in the Playoffs...out of the 4 teams that have gone Undefeated in the regular season only 1 Team has won the Super bowl, being the Dolphins, the Bears (1934, and I believe 1943) lost in the Playoffs, and the Pats get the ? in that column as they do on ESPN because they havent made it there yet lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I got news for ya...History goes against Undefeated teams in the Playoffs...out of the 4 teams that have gone Undefeated in the regular season only 1 Team has won the Super bowl, being the Dolphins, the Bears (1934, and I believe 1943) lost in the Playoffs, and the Pats get the ? in that column as they do on ESPN because they havent made it there yet lol.

The game has changed a lot since the 30s and 40s.

And I don't think the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl, the Jags just aren't going to be the team that stops them.

And ESPN hypes everything too much. The most recent team with an undefeated regular season actually won the Super Bowl...GO DOLPHINS!

The Pats are better than any other team, I don't see the Jags putting up any fight. I'd be shocked if they did >.> (And even if they do win, my logic was all there.)

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    The game has changed a lot since the 30s and 40s.

And I don't think the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl, the Jags just aren't going to be the team that stops them.

And ESPN hypes everything too much. The most recent team with an undefeated regular season actually won the Super Bowl...GO DOLPHINS!

The Pats are better than any other team, I don't see the Jags putting up any fight. I'd be shocked if they did >.> (And even if they do win, my logic was all there.)

Oh yea, I agree 100% the game has definitely changed, but Just a point I wanted to make lol. I am basically Stacking all the odds against NE because I HATE THEM with a Capital H-A-T-E T-H-E-M lol.... I dont think the Jags have such a great chance of winning either, but I bet Garrad comes out passing tonight, AND you see a lot of play action because the LBs are gonna try and jump it since they are older and slower, they are gonna need those extra steps but what they forget is Garrad is a Very good Passer with the Exception of last week and from an fair point of view, I believe they Jags do match up well against the NE Defense, but this might turn out like the PIT vs. NE game..PIT was suppose to win, they ended up getting blown out, and to boot 3 of the 4 teams that had close match ups with NE put up the best fight, and 2 of which had losing records (Eagles might have been AT .500)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The Pats linebackers aren't the old men people make them out to be. They can still run down people.

And I know, I HATE the Pats too...but I'm competing with my dad for these picks and I simply cannot afford to lose lol

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Nah..yes they are as old as people make it...look at the last 6 games that they have played as far as the running game goes and they cant run down Jones Drew AND Taylor, and on top of that, Garrad...aint gonna happen...if they POUND the ball through out the 1st half, by the 3rd quarter NE's D will be worn down and in the 4th is when the REAL game will begin

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Nah..yes they are as old as people make it...look at the last 6 games that they have played as far as the running game goes and they cant run down Jones Drew AND Taylor, and on top of that, Garrad...aint gonna happen...if they POUND the ball through out the 1st half, by the 3rd quarter NE's D will be worn down and in the 4th is when the REAL game will begin

Good in theory, but I don't see the Jags pounding the ball on the Pats. I don't trust Garrard and I think the running game is going to do A LOT less than people think. Eh, the game is on soon, we'll see for ourselves but I'm pretty dang sure about this

The Jags are overrated...seriously.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    TO Loquacity:

HOW DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE AFC?! lmao its the better conference and it is SOOOO exciting..I bet you put the Dolphins in the NFC the way they played this year, with say...a Dallas Schedule, or ATL, and they finish somewhere between 3-13, or 5-11

Because I'm a Giants fan and there's no team in the AFC I particularly care about. I'm liking a Green Bay v. Giants match-up in the NFC. The Packers beat the Giants earlier in the season, so I'd like to see another rematch for the Giants. Then if they play the Patriots in the Super Bowl, that would mean they would play three teams that they lost to this year.

Again, don't care about the AFC. We all know who dominates the that league anyway.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    NO WAY Dallas loses to New York ! Of course, say all you want about Romo and Jessica Simpson in Mexico. I honestly don't care. Romo had 8 TD's (1 rush) and 2 INT's (4 TD's, INT each game). He'll throw 4 TD's, NO INT's and Dallas wins a cakewalk, 35-21. Green Bay will be coming to Irving and losing again...

Lord Mike

Years
    What are you on...?

Anyway, nice win for Green Bay. 42-20. Poor Ryan Grant at first (couple of fumbles), but they got back in it. Favre was awesome too. It looks like they might face the Giants again. Besides, the Dallas WILL NOT have a cakewalk in their game against the Giants. In fact, I think the Giants might win, and so does a lot of the USA. :)

Watchin' the Jags-Pats game. Tied 14-14 right now. Pretty intense. I wonder how long Jacksonville can keep this up...

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 33
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Giants vs America's Team tommorow. T.O may be in perfect health, but our defense is solid and ready to play. The only reason we lost to them before is because our defense made some pretty big mistakes. With Eli in top form lately, and our defense looking good as usual we'll put up a fight and defeat the Cowboys. Then after that we play the Packers. Now that I know what Favre can do under pressure our defense will need to completely shut down GB's offense and sack Favre a few times.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Im pretty Pissed....I hope everyone on NE dies lmao...Tom Brady was an actor with that roughing the passer as he threw himself on the ground, Rodney Harrison is an A**H**** lol...I hate them so much....Colts go to the big one vs. GB end of story

Lord Mike

Years
    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Amen to that!

You notice the refs WANT New England to win, and that's why they made BS calls against the Eagles, the Ravens (who basically won exactly for that timeout), the Giants, and now the Jaguars. Stupid Patriots. There is actually a new sensation sweeping the Internet. More and more videos are popping up on YouTube calling them the New England Pathetics and shows Brady and Belichick hoisting a Sony Video Camera together instead of the Lombardi Trophy...Lol...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm calling Giants over the patriots 30-24 in the superbowl

Neither team is in the Super Bowl yet...

Rodney Harrison needs to learn to chill out...god, I hate the Patriots. Luckily for us, The Colts are going to own them.

I can't wait until the Colts own them...

And whoever was talking about Tony Romo's stats, I believe he's thrown in the neighborhood of 6 picks and one TD the past 4 games. That's not all that great. I think Romo has a big game, but the Cowboys don't have the best defense and Eli can pick them apart. Also,k it's tough to beat a team 3 times in the same season.

I'm shocked at how well the Jags did, earned more of my respect. That game only strengthened my thoughts that the Colts are going to win over the Pats if they can beat the Chargers. If the Colts lose today, the Pats might as well be given the Super Bowl Trophy now >.>

Back