• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

flarizardmew

Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^
    Years
    But hey, I still can't wait. Im watching both games tomorrow, since the Patriots and Chargers game comes on first. And my dad says I can't get my Packer Jersey until they've secured a spot in the Super Bowl. >.> Well, good things come to those who wait. And I'll apply that to the football games and outcomes.

Peace~

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well Im saying 24-14 Packers, and I think the Chargers might play spoiler like pats did last year..I find it Ironic that the Chargers made it this far, past the colts. If Jammer and Cromarte or h/e u spell it play a good game, u can say bye bye to Welker, and Moss and Merimen on Watson inside the redzone, or something like that and pats aint scoring much at all..if there is a big gap in scores, it happens in the 3rd quarter.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    But I agree. Anything could happen in tomorrows games. Statistics is a good for predictions, but you dont really know until they actually start playing. A team may suck in the beginning, but if they have the potential, they might make a comeback.

Some good examples are:

Vikings (Sucked at beginning of year, they were like 3-6 and finished the season 8-8 with, started with a suprisingly big win over the Giants 41-17)

Lions (Started the first half of the season 6-2 and ended up going 7-9, so much for Kitna's "Guarnteed 10 win season")

CHARGERS @ PATRIOTS: 3:00 ET/2:00 CT (CBS)

Predictions for the games today:

Defensive Line Chargers<-----Patriots IMO Chargers can S-A-C-K Brady at the line of scrimmage
    Secondary Chargers<-----Patriots Best INT defense...CHARGERS! Antonio Cromatae will appear and get a couple...
    Special Teams Chargers<-----Patriots Sproles and Cromatae...PERIOD!
    Running Gain Chargers<-----Patriots One word...I mean...two letters...L...T!!!
    Passing Gain Chargers----->Patriots *Sigh* As much as I despise the Pathetics, I have to give them this one. Welker will have his game...and Maroney, sadly, will catch a 2 yard pass and get 30 more yards of off the catch

GIANTS @ PACKERS: 5:30 ET/4:30 CT (FOX)

Defensive Line Packers----->Giants They might lose...but Strahan will put up a fight...
    Secondary Packers<-----Giants Charles Woodson and Al Harris...that's all I have to say here...
    Special Teams Packers-----Giants I don't think special teams will be as big as a factor in this game, but it comes down to the kickers...not kick returns
    Running Gain Packers<-----Giants Ryan Grant deserves the more credit, since he turned the Packers running gain around, Jacobs' team already had a good running gain, and Grant is better...
    Passing Gain Packers<-----Giants DRIVER-JENNINGS-LEE!!!

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I say Packers-Patriots...and it BURNS me to say that Patriots part but I will find pleasure in Brett Favre DESTROYING the New England Defense. and I think they deserve it most, because all the other Playoff teams have lost to the Patriots, and as far as im concerned they deserve an asterisk next to their record of 16-0 from the Spy Gate, and they should actually be 15-1 and I will believe that in my head, and my heart FOREVER since the Ravens Rightfully beat them and that Def. Coordinator had no business calling Time out. but w/e I think the Chargers WILL play the Upset card and THEY COULD VERY WELL go to the Super Bowl as long as Jammer and Cromartie PLAY THEIR ROLES! and Merrimen and Phillips GET TO BRADY and the Defensive Line GETS TO TOM BRADY and they can do it. a 5-11 Ravens team did it so I believe a 10 Win Chargers team can do it as well they got here for a reason right? and like I said Packs win 24-14

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It's going to be a Giants-Chargers Super Bowl

I REALLY doubt that. The Chargers-let's face it-need a miracle to win, and the Pack is just a better team than the Giants, they've proven that. Not to mention that statement has no reasons so I don't really understand how you could think that.

I mean, if both win I will probably need to go to therapy :0

!gnition

DDRtist
    Years
    I absolutely believe this season is the year for the Patriots.

They can go all the way, and have the "perfect" season in my opinion because everything so far is looking very good in their favor.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    So how about them GIANTS! Woohoo! My family is in absolute chaos. I'm so happy. I don't care if they win the Super Bowl, they're the NFC Champions! \o/ I hope they can keep up this momentum and rock the Patriots in the Super Bowl (Yes I can hope despite the mounting odds against them).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What did I tell you guys, the Giants are in the super bowl

What did I tell you, the Chargers aren't :P

Yeah, picking aginst the Patriots = EXTREMELY bad idea.

But like I said in my earlier post, the Packers losing doesn't surprise me. The Giants are a good team, and would probably give a better game to the Pats anyways. They almost beat 'em in week 17, let's try again Giants!

And Michael Strahan(sp lol) deserves that Super Bowl by now. Guess he's glad he didn't retire lol

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Yarrg!
    That was a nice game!
    Course it's all futile,
    Them Damn Pats won't go down!
    Hopefully they can pull a hat trick and bet em'!
    That's highly unlikely but who knows?
    Maybe Eli'll Pull through?
    Come on Eli bet them Pats!

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Anything is possible, now. Giants beating the Cowboys set in motion a turnaround for the Giants team. Plus, we have to use our secondary defense since we have some injuries. Our secondary seems to be holding up fine to our opponent's primary offense. I predict the Giants winning in one of the most major upsets in the history of the 21st century.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Anything is possible, now. Giants beating the Cowboys set in motion a turnaround for the Giants team. Plus, we have to use our secondary defense since we have some injuries. Our secondary seems to be holding up fine to our opponent's primary offense. I predict the Giants winning in one of the most major upsets in the history of the 21st century.

I'd really like to hear why...

I haven't made my pick yet, but the Giants better be ready to stop Randy Moss. Interesting game, I don't see the Giants winning, but it'll be close most likely.

Still, Bill (However you spell the guy's last name) is a smart guy. Eli doesn't have the experience quite yet, and the Pats D has some savvy veterans. With the smart players and coaching, I think they can confuse Eli if they play their cards right.

Tom Brady would have to have an off game for the Giants to win IMO, and I doubt that happens.

^Not an official pick, just some thoughts of mine lol

Again, you must have A LOT of money if you were to BET against the Pats though...

flarizardmew

Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^
    Years
    Yeah, it was upsetting to see the packers lose, being a fan and all. But now, thinking about it, it was kind of expected. Favre pulled some dumb-*** moves throughout the whole game, and they started out slow. Plaxico did wodnerfully, and so did many other Giants. The only Pack who really did something was Donald Driver. And my dad said, "I'd rather have them lose in the championship rather than the Super Bowl" Because the last time they were in the Super Bowl, the Broncos totally pummeled them, because they were still arrogant about them winning the Super Bowl against the Pats the previous year.

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Tom Brady had a way off game yesterday. I see the Patriots slowly decomposing as a team. They aren't invincible like you guys think/make them out to be. Everybody says the Giants are a trash team, yet they almost beat the Pats, then enter the playoffs to defeat the two best teams the NFC has to offer. I say ney to the Giants being the garbage team you all think they are. Now that Eli has come of age as a Quarter Back he's ready to take on the veteran Tom Brady, just as he took on even older veteran Brett Favre. If there was anyone who could have knocked off the Patriots in the AFC Championship it was the Colts, and they lost because of luck. Now my point is that Tom Brady is a pretty boy, who will ultimately blow it for the Patriots. This is like last year, a year of the Manning. Go 10

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Tom Brady had a way off game yesterday. I see the Patriots slowly decomposing as a team.

That's pretty ludicrous considering they haven't lost a game yet. People have off games-it happens. The Pats find a way to win, plain and simple.

They aren't invincible like you guys think/make them out to be.

Two things:

1. Tell that to all 15 teams they beat.
    2. We don't make them out to be invincible, the media does. and really, it's a pretty solid argument considering they haven't lost yet.

Everybody says the Giants are a trash team,

No they don't >.> Every knowledgeable football fan I'm in contact with has never felt that way.

yet they almost beat the Pats, then enter the playoffs to defeat the two best teams the NFC has to offer.

almosrt beating a team says nothing, seriously. Though beating out the NFC was a good accomplishment.

I say ney to the Giants being the garbage team you all think they are.

Stop saying that. We don't say that and it's annoying you keep saying we do.

Now that Eli has come of age as a Quarter Back he's ready to take on the veteran Tom Brady, just as he took on even older veteran Brett Favre.

But Eli Manning has never been to the SUPER Bowl.

If there was anyone who could have knocked off the Patriots in the AFC Championship it was the Colts,

Don't remind me...

and they lost because of luck.

Blaming any loss on luck is just being a poor sport really. A win is a win, and loss is a loss.

Now my point is that Tom Brady is a pretty boy, who will ultimately blow it for the Patriots. This is like last year, a year of the Manning. Go 10

:0

lol, what do you have to back THAT up? Tom Brady has come up big like Derek Jeter does for the Yankees. Tom Brady is /THE/ most clutch player in the game, besides maybe Adam Viniteari(sp). Tom Brady might be a pretty boy, but no way he "blows it" for the Patriots.

Tom Brady is just a so much better than Eli...he's out of Eli's league (and conference lol)

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are by far the game's two top QBs, I don't really see how you can say Eli Manning is going to totally outdo Eli Manning.

tom Brady is better than Eli Manning, and if you think differently, you know nothing about football (I hate to deal in absolutes, but it is really obvious.)

Until the Giants find an answer to Randy Moss, they won't be winning anything.

Back