• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Nice to meet you!

Years
  • Good morning everyone! I'm Mirko, in art (in art what? I have never made anything) BloodZero, I've always been a die-hard fan of Pokémon, my first (and favorite) Pokémon game was HearthGold on DS (yea I'm pretty young) which I loved, in the next years I retrieved all the main-line games I was missing, and I watched all the anime episodes (I am planning to retrieve also all the spin-offs). Also, it's thanks to Pokémon if I discovered RPG games and learned to love them.
    After years of playing Pokémon I realized the want to create my own Pokémon game, I've no clue of where to start, but I hope I will find help on this forum and I hope to get along with this community.
    Thanks in advance for your help and again: nice to meet you!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Mirko! Welcome to the community! If Heartgold was your first Pokemon game that makes you 13 years old, right?

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Mirko!

Heart Gold is an excellent game to get introduced to the franchise with. Mine was Diamond, looks like we're Gen 4 buddies! Head on over to Pokemon Gaming Central or Previous Generations if you wanna discuss with the community about that stuff :D If you love the anime and wanna talk about it too, we got the Pokemon Anime section for ya as well :3

Awesome to hear that you're into making your own game as well! Whether it be a ROM Hack or a Fan Game, we got a bunch of resources for you over at our Fan Games hub. Resources, tutorials, places to recruit a team, etc. all in one lovely place~ If that's not enough for you, we even have an Official Pokecommunity Discord where you can interact with other game devs in the rom hacking channels :D

Anyway, with all that said, enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff member you come across the forums. We'd be happy to help out with anything. Hope to see you around!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Nice to meet you, always cool to see more Gen 4 fans as someone who started with Platinum herself, not to mention being the same age! It's pretty cool to be able to go back to the other games and see what changed over time while still keeping the game you started with close to your heart.
    It's cool Pokemon has inspired you that much and good luck with finding what you need and making progress! It's not personally my thing but I'd just repeat what Roni had to say, haha.
    Hope to see you around!

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hi BloodZero! A lot of people have already welcomed you so I don't really have anything new to say :P

Heart Gold is a game I am still yet to play. Actually I have to play all of the DS ones soon. Have you been finding your way around fine? If you have any problems, feel free to contact me :)

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Ah HeartGold.. That release was amazing especially since it came with a little poke walker. Good times.

Welcome! I wish you luck on your creating your own game!

Back