• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames?

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
    I usually use adjectives for nicknames. For example, in my crystal team I nicknamed my arcanine Valiant, my snorlax Royal, my slowbro Sage, and my marowak Guardian. I also have named a zigzagoon (I'm restarting sapphire) Rush. I'm not really into the Japanese or anime nicknames because it seems unoriginal to me (that's just mah opinion, though, so don't yell at me xD ) I prefer nicknames that make sense, but aren't too obvious.

I've nicknamed a Zigzagoon and an Umbreon Rush. o.o

Recently I've been naming all my Pokemon along these lines: Grace, Hope, Peace, Chance, Faith, etc.

Years
    I usually name mine with names relating to either songs or bands. On Shoddy, I use funny phrases, because they fit.

Umbreon - Sabbath (Black Sabbath - Band)
    Salamence - Astronomy (Song)
    Infernape - LetItRoll (Song)
    Lucario - Breakdown (Song)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I don't usually remember my pokemon nicknames but I nickname some:
    Leafeon-Issa, I nicknamed this to one of my friends in my school.
    Umbreon-Darken, my friend nicknamed it to me.
    Charizard- Firelizard

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I always nickname my Pokémon after their Japanese names. Adding to that, if I'm going to evolve a Bulbasaur into a Venusaur, I'll name it Fushigibana. However, if I'm only going to evolve it to Ivysaur, then I'll name it Fushigiso.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Well I named one of my pokemons
    Yogi- usaring
    Chiky-torchic
    and
    glaceon-Icy

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I don't normally nickname my Pokemon but If I would, It would be Britchum for a Smoochum and Marney for a Maril, As you can see I'm a huge Britney fan so I wouldn't Nickname my Pokemon.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I've recently taken to nicknaming my pokémon, but generally my names follow no particular pattern except starters, which are slightly old-fashioned names like Eggbert (Empoleon), Trevor (Torterra) and Charles (Charizard)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Mine are mean, but here it goes...

Slave - To either Bidoof or Bibarel (as they make great HM Slaves)

Then there's Champdoom the Machamp, Kamikazee the Larvitar...

And Taolaniose or something like that the Linoone (which was a random combination of letters).

And when I was little, someone renamed their Pokemon to names of other Pokemon, so in my Gold, my 100th Pokemon, a Tentacruel, was nicknamed "Sentret" XD

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I try to nickname mine most of the time. Let's see...

Blazikan-Toro
    Glaile-Icee
    Espeon-Vee
    Houndoom-Blaise
    Poliwrath-Poli

There's only 1 Pokemon that I can' think of a nickname for and that's Treeko + evos. Any ideas?

Edit-Nevermind I just thought of one! Blade!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I always name my pokemon and I put a lot of effort into getting them a unique and fitting name. My bro too, his Starmie has the name "Shuriken".

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I nickname everything I catch, unless Im going to release it. Lessee... Some examples are: Rousseau, my Crobat (I was thinking of Lost xD), Pinchy, my Flygon, Hauntie, my Gengar, Twiggy, my Torterra, Saur, my Venusaur, and uhh... I dunno, Des my Gardevoir(again, Lost).

Usually it just has to do with some show Im watching or their name in a cuter form. xD

EDIT: Forgot about Sleepy, my Snorlax. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Jynx- BigOlHips! lol it was one I never used in battle

blazeape

Man......Its hot in here.
    Years
    i breeds most of my pokemon so its kind of hard to get the right nickname to a pokemon if im trying to breed for the right one nawmeen

Back