• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Night & Day - Seasons

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm fine with how the games are, though a day/night system would be nice ~theoretically~, but considering this is a new start and the fact that the original games didn't have a day/night system... really, you could find all 150 at once (while in B/W you can find most of the 156 Pokemon within a season + trading), so I think it really reflects back on how it originally was. Making it harder to find certain Pokemon would just ruin the effect of a brand new beginning because instead of having older Pokemon, they're all new, and restricting what you could find in two different ways (seasons and day/night) seems kinda pointless if they're trying to promote the "let's complete the pokedex mindset".

And then there's the fact that well, it's your first time in the region, wouldn't you like to be able to find everything straight away? :x

Anyway, for what was said about Deerling, that wouldn't apply. Deerling is seen as the "mascot" of seasons and thus only finding it at certain times of day kind of ruins that whole mascot idea, when it's representing seasons, aka, being able to be found at any time, but changes every month, if that makes sense.

That's just how I see it anyway, as to the reasons why they didn't include both.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm not really a fan of the Night/Day system thing. Same goes with the seasons. But as long as everyone likes it, then I'm ok with it. You'd figure, by now I guess, that I wouldn't like a combination of it now, did you? If you didn't, then you deserve a pat in the back. ^o^

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    And then there's the fact that well, it's your first time in the region, wouldn't you like to be able to find everything straight away? :x

Not necessarily. For some, I'm sure this applies, but the extra challenge and interesting spawn rates is exciting for others regardless the new generation thing.

Seasons affected very little appearance rates throughout the game (as far as I can see, and I'm about 1/2 way done). Night/Day would affect a lot more, but if C/G/S could do it on a GBC cartridge, I don't see why it would be too difficult to modifiy a couple dozen Pokemon in on a DS cartridge.

Big thing that could've at least been done is changing the tiles when it turns to night-time. It's day all the time, even when my DS clock says 11pm. I figured that would've been an obvious thing to do, but apparently not.

Years

Not sure if that's White only, but I have Black and the palettes don't change pending time of day. It's always bright out regardless the time.
    wat? I play White and it quite clearly gets darker at night. The battle backdrops even change, as they did in genIV.

Swapping out Pidove for Woobat seems like quite a reasonable change. I don't really approve of making rares or single-route pokes depend on time-of-day.

Come to think of it, this is an odd generation, and odd generations thus far haven't had time-of-day...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I can't see it >> Looks the same to me, all bright and stuff (12:30am atm).

I also noticed there are no Headbutt trees :( as well as a few other things that I would have figured would've been included.

Woobat and Pidove swap would've been nice, for a start.

Back