• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Nintendo 3DS exclusive feature?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Hello, I know that Pokémon Black and White are for the DS, but I am wondering: may they have 3ds features?

We know that the 3DS is going to be compatible with DS games, but we don't know if it will give 3d to them. If this is true, we will have a game with all in 3D! Of course one reason for the updated graphics of BW is to attract players, but maybe there's a second reason and it's for playing them in 3D!

We also know that they have DSi (compatible with 3DS) exclusive features but.. what do you think?

*I'm also wondering how will DS' screens resolution look like in the higher resolution screens of the 3DS

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    idk but i guess we can just say grey version or whatever will be on 3DS with its own features

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    they r coming out around the same time but arn't suppost to be compatable,so I don't sudjust getting ur hopes up on stuff like that

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    they r coming out around the same time but arn't suppost to be compatable,so I don't sudjust getting ur hopes up on stuff like that

I don't know who told you that, but they lied. And the North American B/W come out when the Japanese 3DS does (not exactly when, just around the same time.)

The 3DS can play all DS games. But the DS cannot play 3DS games (I don't think so at least.)

Pokemafia

In the vgc you may only use a specific set of pokemon games eg. hgss
    if they make a 3ds game and say that in the vgc in a couple of years
    you can only use the 3ds game, then it forces you to buy one if you want to compete.

On the other hand this means that if nintendo didn't make 3ds pokemon, then fans would be anoyed their game is being left out of the 3d world, so they'd make a 3ds pokemon, then this goes back to problem 1 again.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Here is the dilema about "3ds games"
    In the vgc you may only use a specific set of pokemon games eg. hgss
    if they make a 3ds game and say that in the vgc in a couple of years
    you can only use the 3ds game, then it forces you to buy one if you want to compete.

On the other hand this means that if nintendo didn't make 3ds pokemon, then fans would be anoyed their game is being left out of the 3d world, so they'd make a 3ds pokemon, then this goes back to problem 1 again.
    This is true, it would force some to buy the 3Ds if the do make one exclusive to it, making some fans angry while if not then some fans will be sad or angry that it's left out of the 3D era...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Hello, I know that Pokémon Black and White are for the DS, but I am wondering: may they have 3ds features?

We know that the 3DS is going to be compatible with DS games, but we don't know if it will give 3d to them. If this is true, we will have a game with all in 3D! Of course one reason for the updated graphics of BW is to attract players, but maybe there's a second reason and it's for playing them in 3D!

We also know that they have DSi (compatible with 3DS) exclusive features but.. what do you think?

*I'm also wondering how will DS' screens resolution look like in the higher resolution screens of the 3DS
    Let me go ahead an make a prediction. NO! The 3DS would have its own library that would be unsupported on the DS/DSi and the files wouldn't be able to be compiled with that extra code on the DS SDK. Also, the DS would need to be updated to ignore that extra code, and only the DSi is capable of receiving updates.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It would be fun to have an option on the 3DS itself to allow the use of the slide pad instead of the D-pad, but it won't be game-specific.

To our knowledge, playing Back or White on a 3DS is no different feature-wise than playing it on a DSi.
    No different!

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Do you guys think we'd be able to use the 3DS' joystick to play B/W?

Let me go ahead an make a prediction. NO! The 3DS would have its own library that would be unsupported on the DS/DSi and the files wouldn't be able to be compiled with that extra code on the DS SDK. Also, the DS would need to be updated to ignore that extra code, and only the DSi is capable of receiving updates.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015

Why repeat yourself when your answer doesn't even remotely link back to the question?

Anyway. I'm guessing the 3DS' slide pad might act as a D-Pad when playing DS games, so you might be able to. Obviously I don't know, but it wouldn't be too hard to implement into the DS emulation.

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Why repeat yourself when your answer doesn't even remotely link back to the question?

Anyway. I'm guessing the 3DS' slide pad might act as a D-Pad when playing DS games, so you might be able to. Obviously I don't know, but it wouldn't be too hard to implement into the DS emulation.

Generally, it's the same idea..... So........ Let me go ahead and make another prediction: no. :P

Knowing the way that "intendo handles backwards-compatipility, they wouldn't add any additional hardware support. When they do things like backwards-compatibility, they only use hardware that was present in the original console, possibly for compatibility and quality purposes. For example, the Wii remote won't work for GameCube emulation.

Sorry if I was a little rude earlier XD
    -Chris

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I can pretty much guarantee they won't.

The 3DS was only officially announced a few months ago. As of June, honestly, BW was probably nearing completion with finishing touches being the only thing really left to do. There would be no time to think up some 3D features and program them in. And even if you assume Nintendo gave them a heads up and a devkit for the 3DS, BW comes out months before it and I think if Nintendo had an IP as big as Pokémon on the 3DS, it would have been shown off alongside everything else on the 3DS's page after E3 (at the very least).

So no, it won't have special features. :s Maybe the third game will but I'm kinda doubting that too.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I wouldn't think so since I don't think GameFreak has had a chance yet to get their hands of a 3DS! Even if they did, its made for the DS not the 3DS! Plus I don't even think the 3DS will be released before or near the same time as BW will be released!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't think that they will, its not even out, so then why would they add a feature for it? :3

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I wouldn't think so since I don't think GameFreak has had a chance yet to get their hands of a 3DS! Even if they did, its made for the DS not the 3DS! Plus I don't even think the 3DS will be released before or near the same time as BW will be released!

Weeeell.... They said Pokemon Company was getting "special attention" with the 3DS, so... But your point still stands. Black/White is/are a DS game(s), not a 3DS game(s).

Back