• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo: Choose Your Own Character 2! - The Pikmin Win!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • Honestly, I don't think it's wise for the cop to out. Especially so early in the game. I'm not quite keeping up with this game right now as I'm too tired, so I don't remember if the idea of cop outing was mentioned. I'm too lazy to check posts rn. However, I'm just adding on to Naku's previous comment.

It was mentioned

Because if the cop doesn't out, they will be recruited by Pikmin tonight, and then Altaria will probably be next after that.

If the cop does out, they can share who Altaria is if they deem it necessary, and they're also less likely to be recruited, and then the doc can protect them from maf kills and we can get a few more reads before they become useless.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    tumblr_neqwm56MgP1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Between metroid and purple the latter is leaning more scum to me. But just like Naku reasons are p meta soooo.

[vote] purplecicada I'd like at actually have voted day one for once

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • No, I'd say that it'd garner the same reaction

100% agree with Abby on this. I get the exact same read between Johnny vs Metroid here. Usually when he baits out votes on day1 he doesn't care who you side with when voting, but where the votes themselves fall.

On the topic of whether the cop should out or not, I'm not entirely confident in either situation. If the cop does out and doc protects so mafia couldn't kill - it's quite likely the cult will just recruit Zinnia just for the sake of getting a cop out of the way. That being said, The the cop doesn't out she's almost guaranteed to be recruited and then town won't know at all :| Based on that last line, I do feel that the better option is to have Zinnia out herself.

As for how Metroid is handling himself this day phase is not the smoothest, but I wouldn't say that makes him scum, specifically. I remember trying to lynch someone before for the same behaviour in the past and it turned out they were innocent :|

edit: Ash beat/ninja'd me to it; I'd say if anything purple seems more scummy than Metroid atm.

Ullion

Years
  • Meanwhile, Zinnia searched desperately for her beloved Altaria. "If I'm going to have any chance of stopping this, I have to find her," she mumbled to herself.

It was then that she heard a rustling in the bushes, and her mega stone activated.

So I decided to re-read the n0->d1 phase change again and if we were to follow the flavour text (which can be a stretch at times, I know I know) then it looks like Zinnia was lost and didn't know where Altaria was but Altaria seemed to meet up just fine. So I'm not ruling out the chance that Altaria may in fact know who Zinnia is? If this is the case, does this change circumstances to whether Zinnia should reveal or nah?

Nakuzami

Years
  • So I decided to re-read the n0->d1 phase change again and if we were to follow the flavour text (which can be a stretch at times, I know I know) then it looks like Zinnia was lost and didn't know where Altaria was but Altaria seemed to meet up just fine. So I'm not ruling out the chance that Altaria may in fact know who Zinnia is? If this is the case, does this change circumstances to whether Zinnia should reveal or nah?

If Altaria does know who Zinnia is, then no, Zinnia doesn't need to out, because then Altaria could say who Zinnia is if she gets culted.

Interesting catch, there.

Ullion

Years
  • Additionally, Altaria can act as a vigilante so even as soon as Zinnia gets culted, Altaria could just kill her off anyways. So it looks like the cult would get no where if they were to recruit Zinnia by the sounds of it. Let's just hope that's the case then, lol.

Years
  • Usually the people who "slip up" on day one end up being innocent people who don't have a way with words, at least from my experience, but then again we do need to lynch someone. In regards to the Zinnia situation:

Nakuzami said:
    If Altaria does know who Zinnia is, then no, Zinnia doesn't need to out, because then Altaria could say who Zinnia is if she gets culted.

I'm not completely understanding what you mean here, probably from not playing mafia for a year XD

Years
  • Additionally, Altaria can act as a vigilante so even as soon as Zinnia gets culted, Altaria could just kill her off anyways. So it looks like the cult would get no where if they were to recruit Zinnia by the sounds of it. Let's just hope that's the case then, lol.

So Zinnia should out then? Even if Altaria doesn't know who Zinnia is, they will when she outs. Also, once Zinnia dies and turns into Aster, will she still be part of the cult?

Nakuzami

Years
  • So Zinnia should out then? Even if Altaria doesn't know who Zinnia is, they will when she outs. Also, once Zinnia dies and turns into Aster, will she still be part of the cult?

If Zinnia gets culted, she'd be a Pikmin and then wouldn't turn into Aster. She'd just die.

The cult effectively erases BP-ness. This goes for Altaria as well.

I'm sorry but where in the in OP says that Altaria will know if Zinnia visits them? I refuse to believe that such an important detail would be left out of the OP.

Also, yes, the cult may not want to recruit Zinnia but mafia can still kill them.

It certainly could have been. In this game, I wouldn't be surprised if some roles have a secret aspect or two.

And your second line is literally completely moot with everything that's been said. We have a doc, and Zinnia is also a BP anyways

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • Johnny i apologise for earlier, im not very good at defending myself when it comes to day one apparently. So
    [Unvote]Johnny

Im just gonna wait for right now

Nakuzami

Years
  • I wouldn't be so sure considering there's a mafia arsonist and Ephraim's lance, because I doubt the early shenanigans was Ephraim using their lance. Killing the cop is worth using that lance or the arsonist.

Zinnia is still BP regardless. They'd have to use both of those abilities to get past the doctor, which honestly is a pretty good tradeoff

It's still a 50% chance that Ephraim killed Desi, too. A bad play is a bad play, mafia or not.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • We're on the first, and it's likely scum/cult know who they are:/

I really don't have a good feeling here so [VOTE]Johnny

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Oh ffs

So you say it's worhless without even bothering to read it

Is something the matter Johnny?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Because the flavour text was that colress never made it back so we believe he was recruited into the cult

Back