• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Is Under Rated

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    I really don't understand it. Nintendo is my favorite system, but no one at my school has it, and it's only worth $100. Nintendo has my favorite Mario games, Metroid games, I dont play this but Legened of Zelda games, and many more games. PlayStation 2 is my second favorite. It has Jak, The Eye Toy, and Ratchet and Clank. All XBox has is Grabbed by the Ghouls, and Halo 1 and 2.
    Maybe the reason is because it doesn't play DVDs.
    Maybe the reason is because the controllers suck.
    Maybe the reason is because it has too many kiddy games.
    I think the biggest reason is because of the kiddy games, sure Mario is some happy guy with a red hat, but just because it's rated E, doesn't mean the games aren't fun.
    And PlayStation would never exist if it wasn't for Nintendo, because Nintendo and Sony worked together, then Nintendo got in a fight with Sony, so Sony made the PlayStation.
    Does anyone else think Nintendo is under rated?

BTW: People at my school do have it, but not a lot.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Sadly yes.
    I have a cousin who's about my age and he sold his N64 even though he had really good games on it and he didn't buy a gamecube but he bought PS2
    My old friend, she wanted a Nintendo 64 for Christmas but her parents probably thought she wanted a "cool" system and got PS2.
    One of my mom's friends has a son who I used to play Pokemon with but now he holls himself up in his room playing Xbox.
    Dont get me wrong, I like Playstation a lot (but mostly the original system) but there are some mature-themed games on Nintendo like Zelda. I do hope Nintendo gets big again in popularity.
    I'm not sure if this is correct but was Nintendo the first ever home console?

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Sadly yes.
    I have a cousin who's about my age and he sold his N64 even though he had really good games on it and he didn't buy a gamecube but he bought PS2
    My old friend, she wanted a Nintendo 64 for Christmas but her parents probably thought she wanted a "cool" system and got PS2.
    One of my mom's friends has a son who I used to play Pokemon with but now he holls himself up in his room playing Xbox.
    Dont get me wrong, I like Playstation a lot (but mostly the original system) but there are some mature-themed games on Nintendo like Zelda. I do hope Nintendo gets big again in popularity.
    I'm not sure if this is correct but was Nintendo the first ever home console?

I think Pokemon Emerald is better than the whole XBox system.

Actually, Atari was. I don't know how to spell it though.

Kid Frost

Americaz Nightmare
    Years
    DeathScape said:
    I think Pokemon Emerald is better than the whole XBox system.

Actually, Atari was. I don't know how to spell it though.

Hah what was that, XBOX is way bettar than the gamecube, XBOX has MAN games.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    ^ *coughspamcough*

Anyways if the people at your school don't like Nintendo don't worry about it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ya, Nintendo's things are underrated

Personally, i hate XBox...mainly cuz the only actually original game(that i've seen) they released was Halo/Halo2 otherwise, all the games i saw for it were just PS2 remakes. AKA IMO, Halo is way too overrated

PS2 is my favorite, probably followed by GC...you CANNOT deny that SSBM was not fun, besides, bringing continuations of all the classics is good too, although some of the 3D versions of the scrollers weren't all that good. Besides, who doesn't want a good system for a cheap price? Also, in a few GBA games, extras can be unlocked in GC. That's coordination between Console and handheld

You also have to admit Nintendo kinda ruled the handheld gaming industry til PSP came along. Personally, i like the PSP compared to DS, IMO, the idea of 2 screens doesn't really apeal to me since most of the DS ones i've seen are pretty much games where you use the touch screen to guide things...and the part about paying attention to both screens at once.

BTW, about the next releases for the 3 companies...IMO of course XD
    PS3 & Nintendo Revolution will dominate XBOX 360

Last edited:

Kurosaki

Hah what was that, XBOX is way bettar than the gamecube, XBOX has MAN games.
    "Grabbed by the Ghoulies"
    Wow, sounds "manly"
    Call em what you want, I call them CRAPPY games, which is why I'm selling my XBOX. Even Halo is a cheap rip off of GOOD shooters.

Yes, Nintendo is under rated. However, I've been noticing an increase in the games being released for older audiences now, and most of those kiddie games own. The money for my XBOX is going towards my Revolution fund >>

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    It's probably the part about Xbox live that gets their attention

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Sceptiles Master said:
    that and all the cool games they have.
    yes, all the cool games they stole from PS2 XP

Deathscape said:
    But there's a PlayStation Online...
    Ya, but Xbox Live is more well known

Kurosaki

But there's a PlayStation Online...
    True, I've played both. The XBOX live was slow as hell, while the PSO was a lot faster. SM, don't stick your head into these threads unless you have something to say that isn't spam.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    "I dont play this but Legened of Zelda games"
    I'm so against you now. Lol

"Maybe the reason is because the controllers suck."
    How so? It's so incredibly comfortable.

"Maybe the reason is because it has too many kiddy games."
    Depends on your point of view. Games that are designed for everyone and that everyone (even if they won't admit to it) can enjoy, are not what I'd call kiddie games. Barbie? I'd call that a kiddie game.

"And PlayStation would never exist if it wasn't for Nintendo, because Nintendo and Sony worked together, then Nintendo got in a fight with Sony, so Sony made the PlayStation."
    Lol, as far as I know Nintendo didn't get into a fight with Sony. The SuperNES CD add-on was scraped after seeing the Sega CD fail.

"Does anyone else think Nintendo is under rated?"
    It's underrated here. In Japan, although still not the leading console, it has a lot more respect. We're just messed up, that's all. People have to learn that games made for everyone does not mean kiddie, and they have to learn that if I game has violence doesn't make it great. There are some incredible games out that have a violent nature, but unfrtunately it all gets mixed up. The violence part is hip and cool for reasons unknown to me and other incredibly horrible games are bought because of it's content. Nintendo does have problems though. You'd be a fool to think otherwise. But they're learning and trying, so I'm content.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Nintendo is pretty under rated. When people see the 'E for Everyone' on the games, they think it's gonna be a stupid kiddie game. So they never try it out and say that it's just a kiddie game o.O But if they want some games that's made for adults, there are many. Like the Resident Evil series, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and Medal Of Honor.All of the games for Gamecube are awesome (from what I've seen). People just need to give it a chance.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Underrated by popular culture, yes, but any free-thinking gamer with half a brain knows that nintendo is superior to the other systems. Years ago I was deliberating whether I was going to buy the Xbox or the Gamecube and chose the GC solely because it had a better lineup of games, despite the fact that the Xbox sported better graphics and DVD player capability. Anyone should know that games are more important than any other aspect of a system; and yet popular culture has twisted the average gamer into believing that there is a stigma attached to GC simply because its games are less violent, even if they are far more fun.

But all this has been said, I don't even know why I'm posting. I don't explain my position on gaming issues very well <_<;

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Nintendo is doing horribly right now with current games being made...a truly awesome GC lineup hasn't happened at an E3 since wind waker, prime, and sunshine came out...meh

Of course, nintendo fanboys will completely ignore facts and ride on their "Nintendo isn't failing at ALL" horses >_>

I like Nintendo the best, better than any other system, but even I'll admit when they're in a slump...and they're in a slump...

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    OMG YOU ARE SO RIGHT, MICROSSOFT IS DOMANATING THE GAME INDUSTRY, k
    #1- too many botons on the controlers !!!!!!
    #2 cant play any dvds and cds or even store music like psp and ps2
    #3 the disk is way 2 stupid they always change the catrage or w/e but ps3 will be able to play psx and ps2 games so will the new xbox2 will bee able 2 play xbox games.
    #4 the stuff !!! like wht was the point of e-reader and the game boy player all *****
    #5 the games are all rated e-fore every one will fore the other games its all t or m
    #6 the grafficts suck compared to xbox
    im sorry but i Had to prove my point

Back