• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Is Under Rated

masquerainmistress

ZOMGZOMGZOMG
    Years
    Person with little spelling ability said:
    wait how is possible you go to a private scool ?
    I'm in Special Ed, we can play video games in resource (study hall). Normally the only place I could play them would be on the bus, but lucky me, I have problems ><

And to make this unspam... I also agree that Nintendo is underrated.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I dare you to find a friend with a working NES and play any game you want to on it, no matter how easy it looks, wishrulz. If you think your macho 3D gudgrafikslolz games are a challenge, try Balloon Fighter, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda, or ANY NES game for that matter and you'll find that it makes Halo and all of your games that you own just because they're popular and you'll find that you have it easy, but then again, all games that don't meet your standards aren't "better" or "difficult", but merely "stupid", because you can't possibly comprehend what a good game really is. In all your posts you've mentioned what a good game ISN'T, though; your standards have such poor and misguided criteria that everything good seems bad to you and vice-versa.

As for 2D vs 3D, which is a flawed argument as much as if you were to compare Katamari Damacy to Final Fantasy XI or Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life to Mario Kart: Double Dash. They're as much different styles as those games are radically different genres, and if I may inject my own personal opinion into the argument, I think that 2D games are by far more fun and challenging. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door beats Halo any day of the week.

And why did you bring the Game Gear into this? I own one and am rather ambivalent toward it. Your last couple of sentences, under close scrutiny, may resemble something similar to the English language, but just barely.

Books are educational and tend to keep people from becoming janitors their entire lives. I can't say the same for Xbox, or any system for that matter.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    dr.jay said:
    X-box is a jacked up remake of dreamcast. Nintendo rules!!!!!!!!!!!! PS2 is 2 to me but Gamecube is great come on e rated games are fun. Sony psp come on no origional sony is overated. If you wanna compare systems get the gamecube part 2 panosonic gamecube and let's talk.
    my opinion but Nintendo games are num 1

RexRaptor said:
    Once the new Zelda game comes out, Its all over for Microsoft. Its about to beat Ocarina Of Time for largest number of Pre-Orders. Its going to be double the sales of Halo, and Halo 2. Do you Xbox Fanboys understand the grasp Zelda has over the entire gameing world? You ask anyone, Would you rather be Master Cheif, or Link, 5/7 will say Link.

FR/LG master said:
    all i'm gonna say is this:

1.gamecube has better games.
    2.They're not all rated E(example: SSBM. One of, if not the greatest fighting game of all time[and rated T])
    3. Graphics do not make a game or system(mario 64 is better than Sunshine, at least I think so)
    4. Add-ons do nnot make a System. Games Do.
    5. Xbox fanboys act like Xbox is so much better, yet the only thing that Xbox has on the GC is that it has Xbox Live, and that problem will be fixed with the Revolution.

Take that!

Y'know, as nice as your intentions are, you're not really helping the argument that Nintendo is better. 'Fanboyism' works both ways.

DeathScape said:
    XBox 360 might actually be good only because of Rare. Why did Nintendo not want them anymore? I heard Banjo & Kazooie 3/Banjo Threeie will be on XBox 360. That game will be the new Halo...

I wouldn't worry. I think THQ has the rights to the Banjo Kazooie franchise now. I think everybody who made Rare great in the N64 days left long before they were bought by Microsoft. Rare has barely made any games for the XBox, and Nintendo got lots of money when they sold it. I'd say it was a smart trade.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Allstories said:
    I wouldn't worry. I think THQ has the rights to the Banjo Kazooie franchise now. I think everybody who made Rare great in the N64 days left long before they were bought by Microsoft. Rare has barely made any games for the XBox, and Nintendo got lots of money when they sold it. I'd say it was a smart trade.
    I'm pretty sure THQ only published what few developing GBA games Rare had in the pipeline. I don't think they have anything to do with the console games. As for the development team. I don't know, if they're still there. Should be interesting what comes out.

Rare takes a looooooong time to develop games. Sometimes it works to their advantage, sometimes it's does not. Nintendo often pushed for them to get it done. I'm guessing Microsoft isn't pushing and that's why the Xbox has only seen one game from from Rare.

Makoto

Years
    Allstories said:
    Y'know, as nice as your intentions are, you're not really helping the argument that Nintendo is better. 'Fanboyism' works both ways.

i'm not a fanboy. fanboys are stupid idiotic jerks who are always trying to say their system is better. I just know how I feel the game industry should be, and nintendo shares the same perspective. If Sony was all about the games, i'd like it, too.(i did till the PS2)I'm as against Nintendo Fanboys as Microsoft or Sony ones. Remember that. I am an anti-fanboyist!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    wishirulz said:
    digi-kun your the one sadly making an error
    your spelling has more errors than i'll ever make >>
    wishirulz said:
    i Have a ps2 not a xbox
    Did i say anything about you owning an XBox? no. I was using Xbox vs. GC as a basis
    wishirulz said:
    and if nintendo revolution comes out its a wast
    Nintendo Revolution won't be a waste. the SNES era is pretty much the most popular era in gaming, and they didn't have your fancy schmancy graphics that "make a good game". Hell, SNES only released a fe 3d games and they were stuff like a "tank sim". And Revolution can bring back all that
    wishirulz said:
    why dont they just remake most super nintendo games fore game boy or ds eh?
    Don't you have a mind for the financial world?
    If you were nintendo, would you rather release them for GB or DS and make less money, or make a whole new system that can get old games and play them and make more money?
    wishirulz said:
    i doesnt mater about the hand held platforms im talking about the controler platforms the gc etc...
    i was saying how their handheld games can incorporate with GC >> that's not just playing handheld games on the TV screen ya know. That's giving extras to the game at the same time.
    wishirulz said:
    ya grafics do make a good game would u play a game in 2d ? i would like 2 mouve in all the dirrections ok
    Legend of Zelda, 2D, all directions, good enough for ya? Again, Graphics do NOT make a good game. It's the plot and gameplay that make it fun. frankly, i found the Sonic scrollers more fun than the 3D versions of it
    wishirulz said:
    and plus e-reader was only good fore some pokemon cards witch they discontinued. plus the games they gave were from the first nintendo ever ok u now how boring that is?
    you probably think it's boring cuz you have no sense of problem solving. the games you're probably used to are the "shoot everyone/everything" to win. the "boring games" you speak of actually required you to THINK instead of (just) shooting everything.
    wishirulz said:
    does any one remember the sega handheld thing? maybee nintendo should do a cartaga or disk good fore both the handheld platform and the gc version what ever maybee that will work well
    Why are you bringing Game Gear into this?
    And it's called the financial market. That's why Microsoft even got into the gaming business with XBox. To make more money.

Oh and about the Fanboyism...I'm not a fanboy, i'm just counterpointing him since that post was aimed at me XD I'll admit a system is better, but i still have to see some good potential. This is why i also like PS2. But frankly all i see in XBox is the Halos and XBox live, not enough for me.
    Did i mention the only actual system i have is N64? XD but meh, i've played them at other peoples' house

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    ....Things appear to be getting heated.

Cool it down EVERYONE!

This is not a console war. This about whether or not Nintendo is under-rated. *NOT* which system is better. I'll admit, I'm guilty of this too. But all together, let's cool down just a notch, shall we?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ehehe sorry bout that kinda got carried away XD ya, nintendo's under rated XD

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    sorry triforce89! but one thing digi-kun, see what nintendoo is doing? if they would just choose one easy thing and stick with it. if nintendo had one easy item that could be used on the handheld platform and the controler platform it could be cool. dont you see that nintendo like sony and microssoft are just trying to make money but nintendo is trying to get money by reviving games, witch by my idea is weird cause u can just play your old NES games. see THERE JUST TRYING TO GET MONEY! PLUS REVOLUTION IS A RIP OFF, after all its not the next gc its just an other branch next to game boy,ds and gc, the more the stuff they make the more money they make thats what i was trying to say all along! eh XD

EDIT: chairman kaga i have a working NES ok? you dared me here you go

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    So, the fact that they're not reducing their efforts unto a single gaming platform is a bad thing?

Also, what's weird about playing old games? I'm certain Nintendo wants to appeal to ALL gamers, not just the ones who are old enough to have ever played those old NES games. This is a GOOD thing. Merely because choose not to exclusively appeal to an aging generation of gamers does not make them a 'kiddie' console. People grow out of video games. The industry needs newer younger people to come in their place. The Revolution is the successor to the Gamecube, not some fourth pillar. It will have its own games in addition to being able to play games from previous systems. This is indifferent from the XBox and PS2. It would seem likely that Gamecube game production will begin to cease after the Revolution comes out.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    revolution is basicly the ablility of ps2 to play old games from ps1 or like ps3 will once again a reson why nintendo console platforms suck! so what if it can play NES, SNES and n64 games? are you to lasy to plug in your old platforms? and if it broke thats your responsibility and your probably gonna buy the revolution to eh what a surprise its more of a rip of than pokemon emerald!

Kurosaki

wishirulz, just don't post here anymore. All I see you do is talk anti-Nintendo, and even when yo do that your points are stupid and invalid, and is generally spam.

Years
    Well, I can say Nintendo is underated. By a lot. My friend thinks the PSP is better but he plays my DS at every chance he gets. Also, during school (actually, a Washington, D.C. trip) we where allowed to bring almost anything we could fit in our bags, so I brought my GameCube and my friend brought his PS2. Every time we were in our hotel rooms, I found him playing Super Monkey Ball 2. He never even bothered to unpack his PS2. And even when my mom got me my GameCube, she said it looked like a kiddy system and that is was not worth getting. Now she hooks it up in her van with a TV and plays Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on Sonic Mega Collection after work.

Off-Topic: wishirulz, if you are so against Nintendo, then why do you post at these forums?

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    eh your all right im sorry ill aproove nintendos good i was just on my moms side shes the one who makes me hate nintendo (not pokemon) eh ok im so sorry fore SPAMing

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    So you're saying your hatred of nintendo is genetic? Oho...best one I've heard in a while.

masquerainmistress said:
    Nah. Without the Gameboy, Pokemon wouldn't even exist. And we wouldn't be here talking.

Very nicely said. Sometimes the shortest messages make the most impact =p

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    wishirulz said:
    eh your all right im sorry ill aproove nintendos good i was just on my moms side shes the one who makes me hate nintendo (not pokemon) eh ok im so sorry fore SPAMing
    That's just flat out sad...

Years
    I want to add my two cents about the Revolution real quick.

There are at least a ton of old NES and SNES games that I've never played before, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the Revolution has to offer.

Maybe I can finally get a chance to play and beat Super Mario World 2. By actually allowing to download old Nintendo games, a lot of people will be buying the Revolution for that purpose.

I know I might. ^^

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    Hmmm, I think this argument proves that nintendo is underated

I mean I have play'd ps2 games and finnished them in one week, Its hard to find a Nintendo game like that

I will be looking forward to the nintendo revolution, mainly because i'm a nintendo fan :P

I think the main reason people underestimate nintendo is because they think its a kiddy system, people need to give it a go,

But nearly all this has been said :P

But One thing i will say and that is, Some "2d" games have more creativity and stratigy then the latest 3D games, Example, Finalfantasy 3/6 (witch are basicly the same) That was a great game, and if it was remade as a 3D game it might just ruin it!!!!!!!

Back