• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Is Under Rated

Kurosaki

Underrated by popular culture, yes, but any free-thinking gamer with half a brain knows that nintendo is superior to the other systems. Years ago I was deliberating whether I was going to buy the Xbox or the Gamecube and chose the GC solely because it had a better lineup of games, despite the fact that the Xbox sported better graphics and DVD player capability. Anyone should know that games are more important than any other aspect of a system; and yet popular culture has twisted the average gamer into believing that there is a stigma attached to GC simply because its games are less violent, even if they are far more fun.

But all this has been said, I don't even know why I'm posting. I don't explain my position on gaming issues very well <_<;
    Actually, you worded it quite well, XD
    Like you said, most people believe "if its not violent it's no good" now-a-days, and the same can be said about graphics. Since when have violence and "uber kewl graph1cs!!!!!111oneoneone!!!" made a good game? Sonic the Hedgehog games for example, particularily the original Sonic Adventure game remade for the GC. The graphics aren't as "good" as the graphics on a PS2 or XBOX, nor is it violent gun and weapon wise, but it is still a good game. Same can be said with Tales of Symphonia and the cell-shaded graphics. I could honestly care less about the graphics, or how "violent" it is, those factors do NOT make good games.

Dakota, their in a slump, but it isn't as bad as SOME people make it look. NIntendo is Nintendo, and always will be popular, thats something numbers can't decide.

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Sceptiles Master said:
    Hah what was that, XBOX is way bettar than the gamecube, XBOX has MAN games.

You are wrong pal, xbox do not have resident evil. Halo and halo 2 are mostly the same. Maybe most of the xbox games are mature and that, but they are boring.

Gamecube has tales of symphonia, super smash bros. meele, Resident evil, Metal gear solid the twin snakes, and other good games.

Do not wory if your friends hate ninendo. With revoluon you will be able to play wih us, without money.$$

click to see xbox man games Are you sure this are man games? (i n this is spam so forgive me)

Last edited:

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    X-box is a jacked up remake of dreamcast. Nintendo rules!!!!!!!!!!!! PS2 is 2 to me but Gamecube is great come on e rated games are fun. Sony psp come on no origional sony is overated. If you wanna compare systems get the gamecube part 2 panosonic gamecube and let's talk.
    my opinion but Nintendo games are num 1

Kurosaki

OMG YOU ARE SO RIGHT, MICROSSOFT IS DOMANATING THE GAME INDUSTRY, k
    #1- too many botons on the controlers !!!!!!
    #2 cant play any dvds and cds or even store music like psp and ps2
    #3 the disk is way 2 stupid they always change the catrage or w/e but ps3 will be able to play psx and ps2 games so will the new xbox2 will bee able 2 play xbox games.
    #4 the stuff !!! like wht was the point of e-reader and the game boy player all *****
    #5 the games are all rated e-fore every one will fore the other games its all t or m
    #6 the grafficts suck compared to xbox
    im sorry but i Had to prove my point
    Would you possibly rewrite that so we can UNDERSTAND it? Oo
    Well, I'll try and reply to what I can read. Oo

1) The XBOX has more buttons then the GC.
    2) Playing DVDs doesn't make a game system.
    3) I can't understand what you're saying
    4) Again, I can't understand what you're saying.
    5) Most E games are as, if not more fun then T & M games, which focus on senseless violence.
    6) GRAPHICS DONT MAKE A GOOD GAME. Can't you understand that?

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    I dont care if the other consoles have better capabilities.Nintendo is and will always be my favourite game company,along with Square Enix.The old NES has some of the best games ever.Final fantasy,Legend of Zelda and many others.Then came the SNES,which is a legendary system.After that,the N64.And finally the Gamecube.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    And XBox has no challenge, no thinking progress, all you do is run in and shoot the guys. Sometimes in Nintendo games, there are challenges that keep you stumped, and the places are always cooler. Ummm... Well I sort of got that idea from a different guy's post, on a different forum, and he worded it better, but you can sort of see what I'm saying.

zero-hunter x7

The Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    I love Halo but that is about the only game I ever play on the Xbox, I think nintendo is the best as it has Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (though I still have not touched my Prime two). Sony is pretty good too but I only like the RPGs there, go figure. Though these days everyone thinks that you need a game with amazing graphics (just like Yukito said), online capability for some instances, and involves some sort of mass violence to make a good game and since PS2 and Xbox have more of those kinds of games people think that nintendo is horrible. But there are a lot of games that are great but don't involve mass fighting and there are a lot of great games that involve fighting but not the best graphic yet are still great for the nintendo. I'll stick with nintendo through rain or snow. It might not be like the PS2 or Xbox but the games have a lot of originality and is complex as well. You have great plots and great gameplay as well.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Dakota said:
    Nintendo is doing horribly right now with current games being made...a truly awesome GC lineup hasn't happened at an E3 since wind waker, prime, and sunshine came out...meh

Of course, nintendo fanboys will completely ignore facts and ride on their "Nintendo isn't failing at ALL" horses >_>

I like Nintendo the best, better than any other system, but even I'll admit when they're in a slump...and they're in a slump...
    I never said Nintendo was perfect...like i said, i like PS2 better. personally, (IMO) i think XBox just copied PS2. Anyways, DS vs. PSP, i personally like PSP much better. The Touch screen doesn't cut it, especially when every single game for it relies on it. and i don't really think lineup matters...its the total amount of good games...IMO XBox's only original game that was successful was the Halos, which is only 2. Anyways, on to that little rant after your post

wishirulz said:
    Dominating? Not even close to dominating.
    wishirulz said:
    13(XBox) compared to 11(GC)...XBox just took a PS2 controller, got rid of the "Analog" button, moved Start/Select to the bottom-left, moved L2 & R2 to the bottom-right side, made em smaller and renamed them White/Black
    wishirulz said:
    ##2 cant play any dvds and cds or even store music like psp and ps2
    Wow my VCR can play DVDs AND tapes it must be better than XBox :o
    wishirulz said:
    #3 the disk is way 2 stupid they always change the catrage or w/e but ps3 will be able to play psx and ps2 games so will the new xbox2 will bee able 2 play xbox games.
    Ever heard of Nintendo Revolution? It'll be able to play ALL of Nintendo's games back to NES
    wishirulz said:
    #4 the stuff !!! like wht was the point of e-reader and the game boy player all *****
    I admit, GBPlayer was a mistake =.=, E-Reader though was kinda fun to play around with. It added extras and stuff. And if they made a game for Digimon you could do stuff like in Tamers XD
    wishirulz said:
    #5 the games are all rated e-fore every one will fore the other games its all t or m
    Does your XBox have Tales of Symphonia? didn't think so
    So games rated 18+ aren't "Adult" to you? figures (this has nothing to do with my above comment)
    wishirulz said:
    Ya, a pity Graphics isn't what makes a game, is it?
    wishirulz said:
    Good job. You've proven that you're obsessed with Xbox...and you can't spell =.=

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    #1- too many botons on the controlers !!!!!! Xbox does have more, and i find the gamecube controllers very easy to use

#2 cant play any dvds and cds or even store music like psp and ps2 It is a dissadvantage, But thats what a dvd player is for, and on my ps2 the dvd player is f'd anyway (i dont know about xbox though coz i didn't get one

#3 the disk is way 2 stupid they always change the catrage or w/e but ps3 will be able to play psx and ps2 games so will the new xbox2 will bee able 2 play xbox games. This is a very smart money making scam, nintendo are good at them, If you could play the old games, people probibly wouldn't buy the remakes for the new console

#4 the stuff !!! like wht was the point of e-reader and the game boy player all ***** Never used the e-reader so i wouldn't know (i think this was mainly for pokemon games)

#5 the games are all rated e-fore every one will fore the other games its all t or m I couldn't understand most of that, get a dam dictionary, All i understood was that they are rated "E" Whats your point?

#6 the grafficts suck compared to xbox Graphics dont make a good game, its the storyline,"

If the squaresoft games wheren't on ps2 I wouldn't have even got one, and unless there is a perticular series of games i want for ps2 i wont get one again,

Xbox have no origanal games and its way to big for a modern console

And as for the controllers, sony controllers would be the best if they didn't break all the time, None of my gamecube controllers have broken yet, and i play them harder then any controller

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    wishirulz said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to laugh. It won't happen again.

Yeah, so you made some great points. I totally agree with you on thahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, man. There's no way you're a real person. No one is that blatantly ignorant. Every single one of your points is either stemmed from a misinformed viewpoint, just simply incorrect, or are merely irrelevant statements that aren't even necessarily negative, you just put them in a completely delusional context in an attempt to make it negative. Well, YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIR.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    i think GBplayer is great if you have to charge you DS or SP.
    Nintendo is going to stay hopefully.
    i just hope they don't drop out like sega.
    X-Box is a dreamcast that is all.
    look at the controller and the system.
    PS2 games are starting to suck
    Ds kicks PSP A** to me.
    why couse psp games are on ps2 or a remak.
    there new racing game is a remake of captian falcon but it sucks.
    lcd screen is sucky what happened to the pixels?
    the square might not work couse it is to close to the screen same as anlog it might get stuck

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Here are the latest sales reports from Japan:
    1) Nintendo DS ? 41,982 (Market Share: 41.36%)
    2) Sony PlayStation 2 ? 25,980 (Market Share: 25.60% )
    3) Sony PlayStation Portable ? 19,043 (Market Share: 18.76%)
    4) Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP ? 10,935 (Market Share: 10.77%)
    5) Nintendo GameCube ? 2,995 (Market Share: 2.95%)
    6) Nintendo Game Boy Advance ? 397 (Market Share: 0.39%)
    7) Microsoft Xbox ? 164 (Market Share: 0.16%)

1) Sengoku Basara (PlayStation 2, Capcom) ? 88,711
    2) Jukkyo Power Pro Baseball (PlayStation 2, Konami) ? 57,101
    3) Mario Superstar Baseball (GameCube, Nintendo) ? 49,189
    4) Fullmetal Alchemist 3: Kami wo Tsugu Shoujo (PlayStation 2, Square Enix) ? 34,429
    5) Gentle Brain Exercises (Nintendo DS, Nintendo) ? 33,715
    6) Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Nightmare Troubadour (DS, Konami) ? 31,564
    7) The King of Beetle Mushiking: Greatest Champion (Game Boy Advance, SEGA) ? 31,417
    8) Ape Escape 3 (PlayStation 2, Sony Computer Entertainment) ? 26,985
    9) BLEACH Advance (Game Boy Advance, SEGA) ? 20,686
    10) DS Training For Adults: Work Your Brain (DS, Nintendo) ? 20,02

I can see how Microsoft is dominating. <<

PS2: 4 buttons, 2Ls, 2Rs, 4 directional buttons, start, select, analog. Total of 15 buttons!
    Xbox: 4 buttons, black, white, start, back, left, right. Total of 10 buttons!
    GCN: 4 buttons, L, R, Z, Start. Total of 8 buttons.
    I can see how the GCN has too many buttons. Take a look at the PS2 and learn to count my friend.

The last time I checked the GCN was a video game console. Other people like these extra features. But I don't. I buy a game system for games and nothing else. I don't need these extra features when I already have DVD and CD players.
    And the Revolution will play GCN discs as well as it's own discs. And you can download a library of past games.
    e-reader was for the Game Boy Advance. It showed lots of promise (I like Mario Party-e) but unfortunatley Nintendo never used it to it's full potential. The Game Boy Player could've been better, the Super Game Boy was far superior to it. The point of the Game Boy Player is that people wanted to play their GBA games on the big screen. What's the point of the Eye Toy? Sony can have it's share of gimmicks too. Has that thing really been used to it's full potential? Fun in the beginning, useless now.
    That's not a bad thing. Yes, I dp think there should be more games on Nintendo consoles that aren't E, but E rated games aren't bad either. Violence doesn't make a game just as much as graphics doesn't. But, there should be more variety because not everybody wants to play those games.
    Sony's suck compared to Xbox too. The GCN is capable of displaying graphics better than the PS2 (but not the Xbox), unfortunately no one has bothered to do so yet. <<
    You didn't prove anything

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Everyone else is pwning wishrulz, so I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon and do it too.

wishrulz said:

Let?s count how many systems each company has on the market right now, shall we?

Nintendo: 3 (GC, GBA, DS)

Sony: 2 (PS2, PSP)

Microsoft: 1(Xbox)

There is absolutely no way it can dominate when it is the producer of one-sixth of all game systems currently on the market. I don?t know the sales figures of any of these, but it?s very reasonable to assume that it can?t possibly sell as much as five other systems combined, or outsell either of its two competitors at that.

wishrulz said:

People have already listed the numbers of buttons for each controller, so I won?t reiterate that, but even if the GC did have too many buttons, the configuration of the controller is such as to make it very ergonomic; it fits the hand like a glove, you could say. I?ve used a few controllers that have made me feel arthritic after a few minutes just from the design, including but not limited to the Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and the original controller of your dearly beloved Xbox, who was the worst offender in my opinion. At least Sony and Nintendo had the foresight to make a controller that was comfortable than Xbox churning out their behemoth and having to go back on the design and entirely remake it.

wishrulz said:

Extra features that are unnecessary to all but the trend-conscious. Music wastes power on the PSP and I would guess that 99% of all video game owners already have at least one DVD player and CD player at their convenience. All of these add on to the price of the system, and made your Xbox gigantic compared to the other two next-gen systems. Nintendo was wise to not attach any add-ons, as it put the lest burden on its purchasers when it debuted than PS2 or Xbox and did not leave them lacking anything they didn?t already have.

wishrulz said:

You made very little sense in that...in case you haven?t noticed, the GC uses discs, and not just any discs, but mini-discs! Are you now trying to compare the N64 to the PS2 and Xbox? Learn to write a sentence before you try and arguing this.

wishrulz said:

At least Nintendo has always included fun accessories, even if they are just for one or two games! Xbox and PS2 have always rejected using anything but a standard controller for their games, DDR pads aside. The E-Reader was a huge initial success even if it didn?t last, and provided hours of entertainment for people who wanted to reacquaint themselves with classic games, unlock bonuses on Animal Crossing, and get the most out of their pokemon cards. You can?t deny we?ve had a plethora of amazing innovations that are usable with Nintendo systems: The Light Gun, ROB, the Super Scope, the Transfer Pak, the Super Game Boy, the Bongo Drums, Game Boy Video, the Paint Mouse, and so on! You can?t honestly say these items haven?t added to Nintendo?s unparalleled diversity in gaming features.

wishrulz said:

I can?t help it if you won?t buy a game unless it?s Leisure Suit Larry, Playboy Mansion, BMX XXX, etc. It?s your loss for being so narrowminded and realizing that the most mature games are most often the least fulfilling.

wishrulz said:

What are these ?grafficts? you speak of? If you line the three major systems up, they?re all very similar, and even though you?re correct from the most technical of standpoints, you?re incorrect from all others. As it has been said many times in this thread, GC relies on creative gameplay more than anything, and only gamers who have half a mind to think and discern with can truly grasp this. Unfortunately, I don?t think you?re one of them.

wishrulz said:

I know everything I just said was wasted breath to you, but maybe I can speak on your level. Basically, the perfect counter to an argument written with abominable n00b spelling and grammer is the same:

Lolzlolzlolzlolz ur argumnt 1s flawedd!!!!lolz!!!111111!!115

If nothing else, I hope that last sentence got through to you.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    GodofPH said:
    Halo is a Metroid ripoff. Plain and simple.
    Give me ten valid pieces of evidence to support that claim of yours. Just how does Halo rip off of the Metroid series (if it even does so in the first place), hmm? Do you have something to back that up, or are you just being another mindless fanboy? At least the Nintendo supporters here have minds and aren't afraid to use them.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I think it's the Helmet that makes him think its a Metroid ripoff...actually, they DO kinda look alike...ah well

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    digi-kun said:
    I think it's the Helmet that makes him think its a Metroid ripoff...actually, they DO kinda look alike...ah well
    Well, last time I checked, Samus Aran and the Master Chief look absolutely NOTHING alike.

Back