• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Revolution (Revived)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    More Rumours!! YAY:
    Major Points:

* Gyroscopic Control: Yes.
    * Touchscreen Integration: Definitly No.
    * Wireless Controllers: Yes.
    * Stereoscopic 3D: No.
    * Pressure Sensitive Controller: Yes
    * Specs and details WERE given out at GDC, to specific developers. Among them are EA and Midway.
    * Capcom and Namco are reportably tinkering with Revolution development kits.
    * Square has a game in the works that will be demo'ed at E3.
    * "There are a lot of graphics [fanboys] out there who feel the Revolution will be a weak system. They will be very suprised come E3."
    * "Both Nintendo and Sony will be showing off Halo killers" at E3 this year.
    * "I'm not going to share specs with you because they arent really that important."
    * "[The Revolution] will be more powerful than the Xbox 360. Much more powerful. Many gamers seem to think it will be as powerful as the GBA or something. That isn't the case at all. From what I saw during my time their...it will be very capable."
    * "All the rumors out there are not mere rumors..."
    * "The Nintendo Revolution will also include voice control more advanced than anything seen so far...Imagine being able to merely call for an airstrike or reload your gun by giving out commands orally."
    * "...the Revolution will have some impressive 3rd party support around launch. EA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Majesto, Square..."
    * "I would go as far to say that the Revolution isnt as revolutionary as Nintendo is saying. t should be called the Nintendo Simplicity, because every aspect I mentioned greatly simplifies the gaming experience."
    * "I just dont want to give away [the Revolutionary aspect]...Nintendo has a great idea for introducing it to the world. Its going to be very cool, and I'd hate to spoil that. It will be the ultamate prank."

About the Revolution Online

"As Nintendo has stated before, the system will be online. In my eyes, the online system they have set up is the most revolutionary part of the system. While Sony and Microsoft are busy turning their systems into trojan horses for their other electronic devices, Nintendo is going to use the Revolution for direct communication with gamers. The only way I can describe it is as an internet service. Imagine turning it on and checking your mail on the system. You see previews and demos of DS and Revolution games that you can download. A magazine similar to Nintendo Power will be exclusive to the system, and you will be able to access it on the Revolutions homepage. As you check you mail, you will also see various invitations from gamers on your buddy list who want to play you. There are so many other ways this is going to be used. Once the Revolution comes out, there will be no reason to hang out on message boards. Message boards as well as chat rooms will be available on the Revolution so that gamers can discuss and challenge each other all day. And the best thing is that the entire thing is totally free and easy to use. Why play Madden on Xbox Live when youll be able to play it for free on the Revolution with much better services?"

I'm getting these off of nwizard.com BTW.

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • Yeah, yeah, I'm always getting owned. XD

^Well, I've heard all those rumors before, but its still cool hearing them again. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    They are oldies but goodies.

I just posted them for the benefit of people who wouldn't know xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    That site is a good place to check though. There's so many hotspots it'd be near impossible to list them all.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    This whole thread has gotten me very excited about the Revolution. FOUR 2.5GHZ PROCESSORS?! Man! It's lookin' like it'll be a powerful little machine. If the internet stuff is true too, Nintendo can definitely give the other two a big run for their money and possibly get back on top. I can't wait until E3!!!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    This is good news, but Nintendo isn't out of the woods yet. I have a feeling Microsoft won't stop until they own the world.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • Allstories said:
    This is good news, but Nintendo isn't out of the woods yet. I have a feeling Microsoft won't stop until they own the world.
    What do you mean, out of the woods? Nintendo may not be #1 anymore, but they sure aren't "in the woods." millions of gamecubes were sold in america alone, and i'm sure the Revolution will be as successful, if not better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'd have to agree with Allstories. Nintendo isn't in trouble, but they're definetly trying to find a more publicly accepted console.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, but does that really qualfy as putting them "in the woods"? i think that would be more like the NGageQD or sumtin. Yeah, they do need a more publically accepted console, but that doesn't mean their not even a major competitor (maybe thats not what he meant, maybe its just what i took it as).

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • I think that Nintendo is slowly starting to realize what they need to do to be even more successful next-gen. They are starting to give the gamers what they want, but are also trying to offer something completely new that makes them stand out from the other consoles. But, just because they have all the tools to make a great product, doesn't mean that they will. They need to keep listening to the gamers, and continue to start taking their suggestions and advice into serious consideration (which they have with the survey on online), because if they don't, they will not take first place.

Also, Microsoft and Sony are great competitiors, so they mustn't underestimate them. There's a chance that their idea of innovation could just be too alienating and backfire, but I believe that Nintendo has the skill to ensure that won't happen.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • i agree with that, but also Nintendo is not like Sony or Microsoft, who rely on third party games to have a wide variety and attract many types of gamers - Nintendo relies mostly on their fans, who appreciate their innovative style and are "hardcore" video gamers. Now Nintendo does have other games to attract other gamers, but if they relied more on making a publically accepted console, would they really be the Nintendo that we know? The same Nintendo who made the most sold video game ever (Ocarina of Time - it in that Guiness Book of World Records thingy). So yes, it would be great for Nintendo to have a publically accepted console, but by going away from the innovativeness that has gave them many loyal fans, there may be many people disappointed.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • I don't see how people could be disappointed by Nintendo getting better third party support and more games. Honestly, I would like a little more variety on my Gamecube. I'm not saying that they have to make Mario mainstream, but it would be interesting to see them make even more of their franchises more darker (other than Zelda). Honestly, I think that the Metroid series has the potential to be an even darker game than it is today.

Also, I'm not saying that they shouldn't try new things, I'm just stating that if they want to be number one next-gen, they need to stop relying on just their hardcore fans.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • Yes, i do agree that more third party support would be better. But then again, couldn't that lead to the path that Sony and Microsoft have taken? Its a delicate balance, but i guess i few more couldn't hurt. But thats not what i was saying. I feel that they don't need third parties to make great games that make the system famous (like Halo), but like you said, i would rather see them expand on their own games like Metroid (which could definately be darker, thought the beginning of Echoes wasn't a bad start down the "darker" road). I'm not against third parties, but sometimes, when you are as innovative as Nintendo, you have to do it yourself to harness all of the creativity that it has been famous for.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Four 2.5GHz processors? O_O Dear lord how much would that cost? I mean, one 2.5GHz processor's running at a pretty large pricetag on it already...Even if the tool is there, the pricing would be too great for it to be easy on the wallet.

And for one thing, Nintendo's been thinking more about the Japanese population than the American population with the system size. If it's any indication, here you want the system to be huge. I still don't know why those ppl are still thinking the same "box size = power size" mentality here either, and definitely I'm looking forward to seeing a small system so I can carry it to college more readily. XD

And the whole Internet thing doesn't really appeal to me all that much. I just basically want to plug + play, and sometimes have a couple of lan games with my friends here and there, but that's about the whole extent of it all. It's a decent concept for many people, I'm sure, but it's not really for me. lol

As for 3rd party support, they should actually do what they've been doing and leave the dark stuff mostly to the 3rd parties, but just not slipping down to the sad Cel shading ever again (unless it's like ToS). I mean, RE4 rocks. ;)

Anyway, i'll keep looking to see if I really need to go ahead and resubscribe to Nintendo Power again. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • *Goes back to what Nick said*
    Nintendo is really slow on giving what people wants. It's like everyone wanted a lighted screen for their GameBoy. When I got my GBC I thought a lighted screen would be great (I had one of them worm lights). I'm sure lots and lots of you were the same way. Down the road they came out with the SP. For some odd reason it takes them some time to get out what people wants.
    I heard the Revolution might have a DVD player. They found out the hard way that they need more then just a system (I don't want a computer system, but if it has a DVD player and a CD player etc then I'll like it more). They need to think ahead of Sony and Microsoft, come up with something new, something ahead of the game. The GC was a step behind the X-Box and PS2. Most people looked down on the GC when it was next to the X-Box and the PS2. I think they might be doing it good with the Revolution. The stuff with the Revolution is state of the art and new to game systems (four 2.5GHz processors, wireless internet, wireless controllers, wireless headphones, etc). From what I've seen the Revolution isn't a kiddie game system. Maybe after the Revolution comes out and turns a few heads no one will look at Nintendo as "a game system for 10 year olds" like they did the Game Cube.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, Nintendo has been very innovative, but has restricted that innovativenness to games, and games only. I heard they were reluctant to release online DS, but had to. They need to see what gamers would want a game system for, and not just gamewise - they really need to look around the corner and set the stage for the new innovation which will elevate their console to #1.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Like I said, Nintendo needs to think ahead. It would have been really stupid of them not to put the DS online. This isn't the N64 age where you get to play friends when you go to their house or they come to yours. This is the age of the internet. Given the chance I'm sure any PC member would love to play another PC member online. To get their system to get their system to number 1 they need to do stuff like the internet thing. Little things here and there might tweak interest in people (they got my attention when they said it was online play, and the wireless controllers) and if they add stuff people likes a lot then it will take off (the SP sold more systems then any other system, who wants to think that lighted screen had a little something to do with that?).

Back