• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No food. No water. Nothing.

Years
  • The only reason I'd fast is for medical reasons. I don't see any other need to, since I don't follow any religion and what's the point of not eating for no good reason? Sadly I enjoy food too much to go without. Good thing I don't need to fast ever, then.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The no food thing seems okay. Really... if you're working and have to leave early, you're probably skipping breakfast anyway. So, now you're just skipping lunch too.

The no water thing seems very strange to me. That seems like it should be... location and temperature dependent

Years
  • I am a Muslim too and I know what it feels like. I just had my suhoor and just prayed fajr prayer. For those who do not know, suhoor is a pre-start fasting meal, basically a breakfast, and fajr prayer is a prayer done early in the morning. It is 4:10 A.M for me right now! XD

Years
  • That is currently what I am going through. Today marks the first day of Ramadan, well at least here in New York City it does. It's the Islamic month where one is to fast from sunrise to sunset everyday for 30 days. That means no food, no water. A lot of people also take it to another level as well, including music, TV, basic stuff that we can consider entertainment.

This thread really isn't about Ramadan, although Ramadan is what inspired the thread. I just wanted to know if you guys have ever fasted before? If so, for how long, why, etc? If not, would you? It's not as easy as you might think.

No, I have never fasted before, even when I'm still a Roman Catholic, and I have no plans to do such thing in the future. Yeah, the Roman Catholic church practices fasting too but I'm not sure when. I think it's every Ash Wednesday and Good Friday only. Visit the Roman Catholic websites to be sure. I'm too lazy to visit those websites. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Unintionally. Most of the time, I don't eat unless I'm actually hungry, and there have been a day or two (not consecutively) where I didn't eat anything at all because I just wasn't hungry and didn't have the desire to eat.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i fasted last year on Krishna Janmashtami (Lord Krishna's Birth day)
    tomorrow is the same day i have not decided if i will keep a fast or not :P :P

btw Ramadan Mubarak!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'm a Muslim too, so I fast during Ramadan. It's not that hard for me, since I don't really have a huge appetite to begin with and can go a day without food easily. Plus, Australia has Ramadan in Winter this year, so it's really easy to fast since sunrise is quite late and sunset is quite early. The water thing also isn't a problem, since I drink plenty during my pre-dawn meal and plenty when I break my fast.

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    23 days. So challenging. But I felt extremely refreshed and renewed, like I'd been living hung-over before I started. It's actually quite healthy to fast every so often. Our bodies are machines, and we are constantly filling our bodies with things detrimental to it. Good to clean house every once in awhile

Back