• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No way that's true!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What are some things that are true that you have a hard time believing actually are?

For me, I find it hard to believe Coca Cola's original recipe was cocaine, but apparently, it's true...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You mean things like "people purposely spreading misinformation in order to justify their actions even if they cause way more harm than good"? Because that is very hard to belief, but also very very true. <_<

As depressing as this may sound, death. I just cannot fathom that one day we will all cease to exist and be largely forgotten by everyone as if we never existed, like people before us. It's so sad and I find myself thinking about it more often lately. I don't want to say my thoughts are consumed by it, but I am much more aware of death now than I was a couple of years ago. It just seems so unreal that this actually happens to everyone.

Years
    A LOT of old medicine from the late 18/early 1900s. Like old cough syrups with Heroin, Radium, and using Mercury.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    As depressing as this may sound, death. I just cannot fathom that one day we will all cease to exist and be largely forgotten by everyone as if we never existed, like people before us. It's so sad and I find myself thinking about it more often lately. I don't want to say my thoughts are consumed by it, but I am much more aware of death now than I was a couple of years ago. It just seems so unreal that this actually happens to everyone.

I mean, I don't know if I'm eligible to talk on the topic, but what I do know is that life is BIG, and to think about a point in time so far away is pointless, if a person is fated to die peacefully.

I'd say what really matters is the accomplishments that person made in their life, and if they're satisfied by it, who knows, they may be ready to die peacefully? IDK much, I just said what I feel basically happens, so take this with a grain of salt! ^^'

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Mm-hmm. "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"

I feel very similarly to this. But it's more of a constant reeling tension that's ready to break the surface at the slightest bit of attention I give it. It's so unknown and so frightening, and the ripple effect it causes - it feels so massive and is inevitable. But really the life of a single person is so infinitesimal and that is, for me anyway, a bittersweet canniness. In the grand scale of things, I sort of treasure my insignificance.

I learned about the true permanence of death when I was young, but even as an adult and all the time I commit to worrying about my health and dealing with the constant mental fallout, I've never come any closer to any amount of understanding for what death truly is. Besides the biological process of decomposition. Maybe people who believe in a soul or in a higher power think differently, but I grapple very hard with the concept of non-existence.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Mm-hmm. "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"

I feel very similarly to this. But it's more of a constant reeling tension that's ready to break the surface at the slightest bit of attention I give it. It's so unknown and so frightening, and the ripple effect it causes - it feels so massive and is inevitable. But really the life of a single person is so infinitesimal and that is, for me anyway, a bittersweet canniness. In the grand scale of things, I sort of treasure my insignificance.

I learned about the true permanence of death when I was young, but even as an adult and all the time I commit to worrying about my health and dealing with the constant mental fallout, I've never come any closer to any amount of understanding for what death truly is. Besides the biological process of decomposition. Maybe people who believe in a soul or in a higher power think differently, but I grapple very hard with the concept of non-existence.

We believe in rebirth in our culture. :)

Back