• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noibat

Years
    So one of the Pokemon that's usable in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is Noibat, the Flying/Dragon-type that was first introduced in XY and not available until late in the game, after you defeated Team Flare for the final time. In these games, however, you can find Noibat in Verdant Cavern, and catch it freely right after you complete your first trial. Considered by some to be a counterpart to Zubat based on its stats, although given how rare Noibat is in comparison, I wouldn't quite agree... Although that's not because of those stats, which are terrible. With 30 base Attack and 45 base Special Attack, it will not be hitting hard at all, and its Speed is a whopping base 55, so Noibat is bound to get weak fast. Sure, it does get a few cool moves early on like Screech and Supersonic, but they're not all too great for it. And worse yet, it does not become a Noivern until Level 48, which is not happening until Poni Island or so - maybe Aether Foundation if you've been Exp. Share whoring throughout the game. Although it does get Air Slash exactly before it evolves into Noivern, and it doesn't help that you won't be getting Dragon Pulse until the very end because the Move Relearner.

Yet some people I've seen on Azurilland have managed to carry this little bat through their team throughout the game and get it to become a Noivern, and most of them have indeed said that it was a pain using it. I don't think I could see myself using one seriously in this game with how much you have to baby it. That's not to say I will never ever use it, but highly doubtful that I will.

How about you? If you've used Noibat in these games, did it freaking blow in comparison to the rest of your team until it became a Noivern? Did you abandon it before it had the chance to expand into such? If not, why? Discuss.

Last edited:

TrickyBirb

Rockstar Sylveon
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2019
    I'm currently running Noibat in Ultra Moon, and I have to say, it's one of the harder workers on my team

Bay

Years
    I tried out Noibat/Noivern on my team and yeah it took a while for me to get used to it. I had it piggyback Ex. Share for a while and didn't use it too much except for a bit of training over at Lush Jungle and through Po Town where most of the Team Skull grunts use lower level Pokemon. I kept it since there were some occasions where Noibat/Noivern works well against trainers that has Grass or Fighting types.

Years
    I didn't use it, but I can imagine the hell it would be due to how late it evolves, since 48 would be around the time you're already on the final island. I usually tend to use Pokemon that don't take too long to evolve because I usually don't like team members falling behind.

Back