• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Mascot Legendaries

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    Each generation has released a small pantheon of Legendaries, two-three of which serve as version mascots (not counting GenI). The later generations have each introduced quite a bit of Legendaries and the story-relevant plot point tends to be saved for the mascot. Others get mentioned and some don't get talked about in-game at all.

What kind of other Legendaries are you expecting from Sun/Moon or would like to see?
    What kind of roles would you like for them in the games?
    How many Legendaries do you think should be added this gen?

blue

gucci
    Years
    What I'm hoping is for there to be a small amount of legendaries, a total of 5 or 6 would be just right imo. One of the flaws of generation IV for me was the ridiculously high amount of legendaries that were introduced. X/Y brought it back to a reasonable amount so hopefully that will be the case once again. I think Magearna will be one of them, then we will have the third mascot legendary which would make a total of 4 so far assuming that's correct.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing 10 to 14 more legends. I love legendary pokemon. Unlike others, I like having more than 6 legends. I think Hoenn introduced the right amount though. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a legend based on each planet in our Solar System. Which is 8, which is also how many Hawaiian Islands there are.

I mainly want a trio though. And there will no doubt be 3 to 6 event legends.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing 10 to 14 more legends. I love legendary pokemon. Unlike others, I like having more than 6 legends. I think Hoenn introduced the right amount though. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a legend based on each planet in our Solar System. Which is 8, which is also how many Hawaiian Islands there are.

I mainly want a trio though. And there will no doubt be 3 to 6 event legends.
    Or 11 if they used the Astrological bodies (of which Sun and Moon are a part of) instead of the 8 Astronomical planets. Magearna can be considered an artificial satellite.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I can see a wolf trio based on Skoll, Hati and Fenrir since they are mostly related to Moon and Sun.

This is what I am really hoping for. I wanted it in Kalos, but we didn't get a Legendary Trio like we normally do.

As for 11, I wasn't really counting moons and the sun, as the sun is a start and there are a lot of moons, but I see what you mean. As I think those would be a given. Still wondering about the colors on Zygarde though.

Years
    I feel like typings for the legendary trio in Sun and Moon (assuming there will be a trio) will be Fire (themed around volcanoes), Water (themed around the ocean), and Grass (themed around rainforests). I really loved the Musketeer Trio, and hope GameFreak follows with a trio that deals with folklore or other legends.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hey guys. I said this in New Pokemon area, but I will say it here as well, in a more detailed this.

So I noticed a pattern, and it may very well be broken, due to the current 20th Ann Monthly Box sets. That pattern is the Mythical/Event Legendary Pokemon have been Psychic type for most part. You could also probably count Latis and Lugia in this as well.

1st Gen - Mew (Psy)
    2nd Gen - Celebi (Psy/Grass)
    3rd Gen - Jirachi (Psy/Steel)
    4th Gen - Didn't have one, but had a ton of pure Psy types.
    5th Gen - Victini (Psy/Fire) and Meloetta (Psy/Normal)
    6th Gen - Hoopa (Psy/Ghost and Psy/Dark)
    You could also count Latis and Lugia possibly. (Psy/Dragon) and (Psy/Flying)

Normally I am not a huge fan of Legendary Pokemon being Psychic because like half of them already are, but I would really really love for them to complete this Pattern/Set.

It is possibly that Moon Legend may being Psy/Fairy which I think might be the biggest chance.

Others I would love to see in 7th Gen would be Psy/Water, Psy/Ice, and Psy/Elec. Manaphy should have been part Psychic, but they chose to make it a pure Water type.

As for 10% Zygarde being Fenrir, it is possible. If this was true, we could have a Duo for Hati and Skoll and they could be handled similar to Latis, and we all know that Latis are pretty dang popular, or at least they were.

Years
    Interesting figures Icy, and I do know that Psychic does fit a lot of legendaries so no surprise. If Lunaala is a Psychic, or if we get another legendary that's Psychic that'll mean the streak continues. Heck, it would be very interesting if this becomes the first generation to not give us a Psychic-type legendary.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I for one want as many legendaries as possible. In my view, you can't have too many of anything pokemon related!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I want some type of ghost legendary. According to Hawaiian Mythology, there's something called "Nightmarchers", they are the ghosts of ancient Hawaiian Warriors. They come forth from their burial sites to march out to past battles or to other sacred places. You can find out more about them here :3

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Errff I don't like legends... I hope we won't have much like Gen5! Gen 6 was alright, a little too many legends after the apparition of Hoopa, Diancie and "Volcanion".

We already know abut Magearna, why she isn't the third one?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I would love to have some this time. There weren't any in XY (I don't count Mythicals) and I felt they could have, at the very least, added a bit more for the player to do if they had any to go out and try to catch them. I have no preferences on inspirational material--although I would like it if there was a little bit of lore/narrative associated with them!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hey guys. I said this in New Pokemon area, but I will say it here as well, in a more detailed this.

So I noticed a pattern, and it may very well be broken, due to the current 20th Ann Monthly Box sets. That pattern is the Mythical/Event Legendary Pokemon have been Psychic type for most part. You could also probably count Latis and Lugia in this as well.

1st Gen - Mew (Psy)
    2nd Gen - Celebi (Psy/Grass)
    3rd Gen - Jirachi (Psy/Steel)
    4th Gen - Didn't have one, but had a ton of pure Psy types.
    5th Gen - Victini (Psy/Fire) and Meloetta (Psy/Normal)
    6th Gen - Hoopa (Psy/Ghost and Psy/Dark)
    You could also count Latis and Lugia possibly. (Psy/Dragon) and (Psy/Flying)

Normally I am not a huge fan of Legendary Pokemon being Psychic because like half of them already are, but I would really really love for them to complete this Pattern/Set.

It is possibly that Moon Legend may being Psy/Fairy which I think might be the biggest chance.

Others I would love to see in 7th Gen would be Psy/Water, Psy/Ice, and Psy/Elec. Manaphy should have been part Psychic, but they chose to make it a pure Water type.

As for 10% Zygarde being Fenrir, it is possible. If this was true, we could have a Duo for Hati and Skoll and they could be handled similar to Latis, and we all know that Latis are pretty dang popular, or at least they were.

Wait, Lunaala being Psychic wouldn't continue the Event/Mythical streak as the mascots don't tend to be mythicals. Mythical is reserved for event only mons.

But there was a 'cute' legendary being psychic pattern which was broken in Gen IV (honestly Manaphy should've been Water/Psychic, I thought it was at one point), and possibly Gen VI since most consider Diancie occupying that spot (well Shaymin likewise is seen as Gen IV's cute mon). If only Manaphy had been Water/Psychic and Diancie Rock/Psychic or Ground/Psychic then the Wuxi (chinese five elements Wood (Celebi), Metal (Jirachi), Fire (Victini)) would've been completed by now among the cute mons. I used to think that was the pattern at one point.

Back