• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Starter Pokemon as your highest level

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I'm gonna do this from my Emerald Nuzlocke. My highest is Kaori the Walrein at level 48. :3 My starter died. ):

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    My highest level has always been what I considered to be my "best" or most reliable Pokémon. Sometimes it was my starter, many times, it was something else.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    In my Silver Version my Espeon was at level 100, then there was my Noctowl (lvl 85), and finally my starter Feraligatr at level 80 !

In my Sapphire version, my Swampert was about level 70 and my strongest Pokemon, at level 100 was ... A Clamperl. I know, I know. I was young, and I was waiting it to evolves in Gorebyss
    :nervous:

And in every other version, my starter is the most high-leveled.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    never by, much, sometimes by like 2-3 levels. Maybe because a water gym and a fire starter

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I've never had my Starter at the max level of the team, strange to hear, but it's true.
    In some cases, they're all at the same level, or another one was higher.

Years
    Just looking on my games, every other Pokemon in my party is stronger than my starter (who is 6th in my party) on Sapphire. On Fire Red, I counted more than 10 in my boxes that were stronger than my starter. I also have a Butterfree (lv. 22) that is one higher level than my Quilava (lv. 21) on HeartGold, but I'm not too far in the game yet.

I never quite noticed that I had so many other Pokemon that were stronger, especially considering that I usually keep them in my party for quite a while.

Years
    Well, what happens with me is, my starter starts out as being the top dog with the highest level, but then after the E4 my starter tends to fall behind and others pass it level-wise.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Usually first time round playing the games the starter ends up being the highest level, but usually after that I go for something a bit more interesting... Pearl was last completed with Gengar being the main used pokemon, HeartGold ended with Sandshrew being the highest level (not evolving made it pretty tough at parts!) and Black ended with Vanilluxe being the highest used pokemon :) (Although the fighting elite four wasn't too easy...)

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    In LG, it's my Alakazam.
    Emerald: Rayquaza (Can you believe I caught it before E4?)
    Platinum: Garchomp (For in-game use...Crazy me...)
    Black: Scrafty (That guy is OMGBBQHAXXXPOGLEMANZ, just like Chompy.)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Bleh, forget to mention my White version; I ditched Snivy and decided to go with Panpour, it went quite well actually. :3 Level 55

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
    Well, I have a funny story on this topic:

It was my first play-through of Sapphire, and I had a majorly over-leved Swampert before the third gym. I had no other pokemon except a Maril I caught due to it being one of my favs. It was lvl. 19 or so, and my Swampert was 39. I showed my game to my cousin, who played around a bit, and gave the game back to me. What I found was horrible: He had released my Swampert! All I had was the Maril, and the gym was electric type, so I was screwed. The worst part was he had saved. I began my impossible quest: Make this little Maril a force to be heavily reckoned with. I grinded that Maril like there was no tommorow, and ended up solo'ing Wattson with my new Azumaril. I continued through the game, catching a couple more pokemon I rarly used, until I came back to Wattson's town (I forget the name, it's been awhile, :0) and that was before 6th gym. I then found out my Swampert had been put in the day-care. I raged, and raged, and raged some more, but in the end it turned out great, because my Swampert/Azumaril over-levled combo was enough to set me up for the rest of the game. In all my other games, I stive to make all my pokemon equally leveled. THE END.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I leveled up some Pokemon to 100 that aren't my starter. It's possible... My first was probably Garchomp.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Right now my Emboar is level 71, the highest of all of my Pokemon, but honestly... I didn't try to do it that way. I am simply trying to level up a team that I ev trained from level 1 and he has the most variety of attacks (Earthquake, Flamethrower, Scald, Brick Break). So he takes down quite a few types pretty easily.

Kazimoto

Vanishing Act
    Years
    After I caught a Solosis, he quickly became (and remained) my highest level Pokemon. He's a level 100 Reuniclus now.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I usually keep all my Pokemon 2 to 3 levels apart, but usually my favorite Pokemon at the time is a few levels above the rest. So if I am really honest with my self typically my Politoed Charizard or Mamosiwne are usually my strongest.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    I have to say, Zangoose and Machamp are always my top Lv pokémon, I don't even train my Typlosion (Lv55~) anymore lol.

Back