• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noscium Sprite 6G project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Hi everyone, my name is Noscium, a little guy who practice pixel art for 4 years.

Recently, an event in the universe of pokemon affected me, its Pokemon XY.
    As you know it, pokemon xy means the "death" of 2D pokemon games. I'm not really sad about it, coz I really wan't to play this game.

But something oblige me to react.

The begining of my pixel adventure is due to the pokemon game. I discover pixel art when I worked on a pokemon project and I was such a noob! The project died but not my passion for pixel art..
    Now I realised that we won't have gamefreak's sprite for the 6th Generation pokemons.

So I decided last week to began a project. I started to sprite all the 6Th Gen pokemon.
    Im'not a professional and my real pixel style is'nt like gamefreaks style but I'll try to do my best on this project.

Maybe I'll not make anymore pokemon sprite after these one.
    So its like a tribute to the game which allowed me to know pixel art

Final pokedex here.

http://noscium.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-sprite-tribute-Kalos-Dex-406635242

All My sprite will be free for use as avatar/fuze/game or whatever you want.. I don't care about it.
    The palette i'm using for this project is also free, you can use it if you want to make another sprite/backsprite recoloration etc...

You can also follow me on my deviantart account: here

And one last thing, I upload shiny pokemon on DA coz it take to much place.

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you can understand me.

Last edited:

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    These are incredible! I am very impressed with what you have concocted here -- these are excellent pixel representations of the new generation of Pokemon. This isn't the first I've seen of this sort of thing, but these definitely show off what you can do.

Though the name "Project" can be very misleading. You may mean "Project" as one unto yourself, but Projects that invite others in the PokeCommunity to it have to be approved by the moderators (This isn't the first time a Project like this has been squashed). Keep that in mind -- it would be very unfortunate to see this drop.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Thanks for your advice, my english is'nt good.

But how can I change the titleof my topic?

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Yes, you might want to change the title to "Personal Project". Community Projects have to be approved by a moderator before it can be posted. Besides, I had a talk with Logiedan and he aid that if we were to have a community project like this, it would be best to wait until October, when X/Y is released.

On to the sprites.

These are fantastic! Your lines are great, your shading is very different, much different than the B/W style. I noticed, however, that some of the poses are odd. I haven't memorized many of the X/Y Pokemon yet, so bear with me, some may be wrong/misspelt. Pokemon sprites are usually facing towards the left, but for some of your sprites, Litleo, Honedge, and the Pokemon after the large panda, are more facing forward. The large panda's head seems a little small. For the bat, it kinda looks like it's Ranger style, and not traditional, main-series style. I was thought it's sprite would look more like Braviary's or Golbat's, in terms of pose.

But overall, these sprites are great! Keep up the good work! ~

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    My noivern is my worst sprite on this list.. I think make an other sprite of it later.
    It was difficult coz I choose a pose with a huge wingspread.

Hovewer there's two newcomers.

Clauncher and bunelby.
    clauncher_sprite_by_noscium-d6k6wef.png

bunnelby_sprite_by_noscium-d6ka70k.png

Any suggestion for the next sprite?

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • Amazing job
    I fully intend to use these in my game! Kudos to you! Noivern is good but not amazing I feel. Other than that... Wow!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Ty guys!

Goldstandard > Its an honour =p.

Little update with froakie sprite, I edit the list on the first post.
    froakie_sprite_by_noscium-d6kc42g.png

I don't like screenshot or the artwork of him so I try an original pose, Hope it does work.

Now I'm working on fenekin.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Hi there.

There's a little Update with Bunnelby,skiddo,fennekin,mega blaziken/ampharos/mawile and mega blastoise.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Mega Blastoise is just a pixel over, which is fine, but the lighting it has and the lighting of the other sprites don't match. Like, at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    This is a great project! I'm posting to mention the same thing that GFA said above me. The mega Blastoise is completely different from the rest of the sprites you've created... Besides that, these all look like they could easily belong in-game.

Years
  • They look really nice and it looks like there are two different styles. You are doing the pixel world justice with those X and Y sprites. :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Your sprites are amazing. This is very incredible work you did here. I have to ask, will you by any chance personally be doing the backsprites for any of these Pokemon?

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • Wow Noscium, you've been busy! Fantastic work, the sprites look professional. Do you plan to do the backsprites as well? (please please please please please) In 64x64 format? (please please please please please please) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back