• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Nostalgia"

Years
    It did, now it's just a discord community. If you were on the forums, what was your username there?
    i think it was Aaayron? i literally can't remember if i posted anything at all though, i was mostly on Marriland for the walkthrough guides. it was in shoddy internet cafes and i was like 11 lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    i think it was Aaayron? i literally can't remember if i posted anything at all though, i was mostly on Marriland for the walkthrough guides. it was in shoddy internet cafes and i was like 11 lol.

I'm pretty sure marriland also recently retired his youtube channel.

...I'm going to assume he also hosted the website. But I never visited it nor did i watch him much.

Years
    I'm pretty sure marriland also recently retired his youtube channel.

...I'm going to assume he also hosted the website. But I never visited it nor did i watch him much.
    yeah i think he did. i remember reading up about him reviving his youtube channel and upgrading the website after that channel strike he got in 2012 or so that forced him to delete all his videos. the guy literally reuploaded absolutely everything and even did new commentary on his older LPs. that really impressed me back then (actually even til now, bcs that stuff's really tedious. those walkthroughs had like near 100 episodes each). miss the guy.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    yeah i think he did. i remember reading up about him reviving his youtube channel and upgrading the website after that channel strike he got in 2012 or so that forced him to delete all his videos. the guy literally reuploaded absolutely everything and even did new commentary on his older LPs. that really impressed me back then (actually even til now, bcs that stuff's really tedious. those walkthroughs had like near 100 episodes each). miss the guy.
    Reminds me I used to watch his old videos growing up and an X wedlocke of his helped me through one of my classes in high school. The little I've seen of him recently has been his involvement in TRG Colosseum, from the same group as the Thrown Controllers video I sent you a while back.
    I guess all those things, his old videos, and Thrown Controllers are things I'm nostalgic for too, actually.~

Years
    Reminds me I used to watch his old videos growing up and an X wedlocke of his helped me through one of my classes in high school. The little I've seen of him recently has been his involvement in TRG Colosseum, from the same group as the Thrown Controllers video I sent you a while back.
    I guess all those things, his old videos, and Thrown Controllers are things I'm nostalgic for too, actually.~
    oh wow the X Wedlocke was actually new to me even and i think i had stopped watching him regularly by then. the memorable ones for me were his Platinum playthrough from like 2009 (back when he didn't have a capture card yet and would literally just point a digicam on his DS screen lol), Black 2 playthrough which had 130+ episodes and i binged them all (still had energy for that), Emerald Nuzlocke & Heart Gold Wedlocke (i think this was his first wedlocke? can't tell).

oh dang i forgot about the Thrown Controllers thing :x

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Alright, I thought I'd pop into this thread again since something came up that was pretty relevant. Here's an incoming ramble that I hope can sum up the idea of nostalgia for me.

My boyfriend and I were taking about Sun and Moon (He's not a big Pokemon player but he's played some of the more recent games) and I told him I'd always just leave my game open inside Hau'oli City because I loved the music. I'd listen to it in class sometimes because I'd either be playing SM in my downtime, or listening to the music while working. I had a lot going on in my life at that point and it was something to help me relax, I got super into those games and played them whenever I had free time. When talking to him I sorta just remembered how good it felt and how much I enjoyed my experiences when the game came out, the friends I talked to about it and just the way it looked. It was a game where I really enjoyed all the locations and sometimes would just go to an area cause I thought it was pretty and feel like I was in the game. I'm listening to that music now and it's sorta bringing back how I feel. I definitely miss it, in a way, and a part of me wishes I could have those experiences back.

We continued talking, and it got to a point where I mentioned a point where he was playing Platinum with me, and I cried for a while hearing the music for the Pokemon center at night. I played Platinum a lot when things got really tough in my life, and I'd stay up late (for how old I was) because it was my getaway from everything. It made me super happy, and hearing that music again when he was playing it with me reminded me of that and how I got through it all. I'm a pretty emotional person and cry at a lot of stuff, though I think that was something really special, and something I'm sure I'll think about for my whole life.

Back