• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

not sure if a chameleon, a hooker, or just indecisive...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    What is your general opinion on the mechanic of alignment conversion?

Have you ever gotten converted to mafia, a cultist, an inno before? What were some memorable instances when you got them? When you got converted, did you win with your new faction, or did you lose? Have you ever been in every faction in one single game before?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Information-wise it can get a little messy if there are lots of conversions XD but they're fun!!

Blarz 1 had myself and Naku both trying to recruit Christos which led to some scuffle XD thanks to that Christos was doomed to death soon after. :(

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I enjoy it. I was recruited in MCM, GAU, TtA, and Grandmafia. It's a lot easier when you're inno and converted because no one really notices that you change alignments, when you're mafia you leave the chat and basically issue a death sentence upon yourself.

I've won once as a cult, an even if it doesn't win often, I hope cults/conversions stick around.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I like the concept of recruitments. But I think anymore than one recruiter in a single game is overboard, as a personal opinion. Like Doof said, if you're in a private skype group with other members and get immediately removed - you know you're a dead man. Now imagine that happening with 3-4x the amount of recruiters? Another issue I think having too many recruiters brings up is the fact that if the person isn't a deadman, then (s)he could easily out everyone they knew who belonged to their previous alignment - and could potentially change the entire course of a game and essentially ruin it for their former teammates.

Like I said - I think 1 is good, but anymore makes things worse, from my experience and opinion. :d

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm usually glad when I'm culted or recruited because I'm awful at being inno and it's a lot more fun when there's someone you can talk freely to. It's nice to be able to trust someone and to be sure of something - I know that's not always the case even within group chats as there have been double-agents/spies and all that (THANKS SPOODERGIRL), but just in general I'm a lot less guarded in group chats about what I say compared to threads. :P

I was recruited in Blarz I (cult) and II (mafia), TtA (cult), Grandmafia (cult) and F&L (ambassador), and I won in 3 of those, if the F&L one counts, lol.

Years
    I love the element of confusion and chaos recruiter roles can bring to games, which I'm guessing you've probably noticed looking at my games - hell even Hinamizawa has a recruiting mechanic and there's no recruiter role. Recruiters are definitely one of my favourite roles and I don't mind having several in a game but I can definitely see why others don't like it.

As a GM, having multiple recruiters can be a challenge - just look at the Christos incident in Blarz 1. If you're willing to put the work in and can use a bit of old fashioned logic, it's far from impossible to have a game with lots of recruiters work smoothly.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    personally i dislike recruiters mostly, and if a game has more than one recruiter i will generally instantly be deterred from it. i feel mafia is as much about finding clues as it is about reading people, and if three people get converted every night, all that ensues is chaos. maybe i'm just bad at mafia, but how are we supposed to keep track? then there's the salt issues that were mentioned before - if you get recruited out of mafia, you're a dead man. i should know, i was instakilled on day one in Gotham for being recruited. yay.

mafia recruiters especially are horribly OP, and can only be countered by having a village recruiter. so imo, a balanced game should only have one recruiter, and have that be a cult. or something like GP did in Hinamizawa, that was well done i think.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Personally I like recruiters

They're amusing~

As a GM, having multiple recruiters can be a challenge - just look at the Christos incident in Blarz 1.

you mean how I actually had priority over Mana's recruitment

and

you accidentally added Christos to the wrong chat and had to live with that mistake?
    Being the converter in Blarz 2 was way more fun than being converted >:D

And let's be honest you guys all converted to Blarzigordism after the games

And lbh

only one of us is the true, skilled Converter of Blarzigord

and it's not you

if you get recruited out of mafia, you're a dead man. i should know, i was instakilled on day one in Gotham for being recruited. yay.

On the other hand

you weren't mafia as Harley Quin, you were "innocent." You just happened to be the only innocent role that another "innocent" had knowledge of from that start. So that was just bad luck on your part, lol.

Back