• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not WHAT, but WHO will you choose?

Which Hero Do You Choose?

• Boy

Votes: 282 69.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 124 30.5%

• Total voters

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Male, since I'm a male. I'm only getting Gold...but my Girlfriend's getting Silver.

Ha! Thats kinda awesome
    To the point of the topic, I will be playing as a guy. In Soul Silver (which seems to go against the trend here of "play as a guy in HG and a gal in SS")

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    What!?!? The male option outnumbers the female two-to-one? I know Pokemon's isn't particularly girly, but I have a feeling that some people are playing as the male since the female's not Kris. -__-;

But yeah, I'm female, so I'll play as the female. Sure, she's not Kris, but she has grown on me lately. <3

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    What!?!? The male option outnumbers the female two-to-one? I know Pokemon's isn't particularly girly, but I have a feeling that some people are playing as the male since the female's not Kris. -__-;

But yeah, I'm female, so I'll play as the female. Sure, she's not Kris, but she has grown on me lately. <3

Kris was weird looking :)

This new girl is so European :)

Its not that I dislike her. I just prefer Gold :P

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    well usually i choose male then i restart wit female cuz the male always looks like a skeleton but ive always liked gold so always male here

Gigatongatlingman

大鳥翼
    Years
    Like I did in LeafGreen, I'm picking the chick. That, and Gold now has such changes to his demeanor... No longer is he that badarse ready to kick anyone's butt. Really, new Gold's all innocent, which generally doesn't scream awesome.

Kris/Heart/Soul/Whatever at least is "new", so... Honestly, I can't say too much about her, other than her being as innocent-looking as new Gold.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'll choose girl, since I'm female myself. I almost always pick the female character on my first play, but if I ever restart the game I might choose Gold that time. I don't quite understand why people don't like Soul's looks, I think that big round hat looks pretty cute. :3

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I would quite obviously choose the male character. I don't understand why males choose the female character. It's not like she has any advantages or anything. :/

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
    pf, male ofcourse, cause I'mmale
    Why would somebody choose a female character if they are male, or verso

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    girl, obviously, as it woud make the most sense to choose whichever gender you actually are.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Since I only ever buy the "second version" and "special version" of the games and that'll be SoulSilver(Since there's no need for a Crystal Remake), I'll be choosing the girl, as I always do for my first run through the games, ever since Crystal came out.

On a second run through, I'll use Gold.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm a guy just so you know.

Spinni

Larvitar #1
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well I'm female but I'll choose the boy to play as in HeartGold, I don't like the girl. XD

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    If they would have remade Crystal I might play as her, but I can't stand the way Soul looks (Her hat is stupid...and I'm being nice about that), however I like the way Gold looks, so I'm looking foreword to playing as him.

pf, male ofcourse, cause I'mmale
    Why would somebody choose a female character if they are male, or verso
    Because when you were only able to be a male character and a new game allows you to choose the other gender it's tempting to go ahead and try something new.

I would quite obviously choose the male character. I don't understand why males choose the female character. It's not like she has any advantages or anything. :/
    Again it's tempting to try something new.

Last edited:

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    Eh. I'll end up getting both games eventually and playing as both, but I'm gonna start out with the guy character. The girl sorta freaks me out with her hat... and clothes...
    I dunno. I'm absolutely a girl, but I don't see any reason that should really affect what I want to be in a game. So I'll just do whatever feels right at the moment. Though I'm leaning towards Gold at this point.

Back