• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not WHAT, but WHO will you choose?

Which Hero Do You Choose?

• Boy

Votes: 282 69.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 124 30.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Im going as a male as thats my gender. il go through as a female though if i buy both versions so i can have either gender on the games.

Safo

General Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I'm figuring on male.
    I've used the female one before....
    But I think male is better for me.
    xD

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    I'm choosing Gold, because he is my favorite hero you can play as out of all the generations, and the fact I'm a male as well. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2009
    ...I like Crys...I tend to like all the female characters/protagonists in Pokemon games, though. So you know, there's that.

Edit: Oh, my. They changed the female protagonist to someone else. Well. Guess I'll have to figure out who this new member of the party is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I'll be getting heartgold version, but i'll be playing the boy, something i haven't done since Crystal version.

I'll be playing the boy simply to spite this "soul". They did not need to replace Kris. They didn't replace the other characters, just Kris, and it burns me up because i've seen pictures of soul. She's like a cross between dawn and may with pigtails. I hated them both, but played as them anyway. But this is just beyond annoying. I liked Kris, and i see really no justification for replacing her.

HeartGold = Gold
    SoulSilver = New (nameless) Girl

Simple as that. :3
    Actually, if you look up on bulbapedia, the english translation of the girls name is "Soul"

Who cares though, she's just awful.

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Im getting both games, and im going to be a boy, lets see why, ummmm because im a boy :| . Well its not like im going to pick a girl.

NatureKeeper

It's a bit confusing. The girl looks new and I want to try her, but the boy looks cooler.

I think I'll just go with the male one. :)

I play with female characters in Hoenn and Sinnoh, whereas I play with male ones in Kanto and Johto.

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
    im picking the boy for sure. im getting a new ds next week and soul silver in the spring. i am not gonna go on youtube and check out the japanese game play it will ruin the surprise for me. so im just gonna wit till spring for the english version

Kodi-Chan

I eat brains.raaawr >:3
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    the girl of course =P as for i am a girl...i pick the girl character o3o

Hydra

Poke'mon Master C:
    Years
    A girl, defiantely.
    Only cos I'm a girl, and no matter what games I play, I always pick girls unless there is no option.

Melaugh

Eevee Fan Boy
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Heartgold: Jack (Male)
    Soulsilver : Anne (Female)

I plan to get both.

Back