• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not WHAT, but WHO will you choose?

Which Hero Do You Choose?

• Boy

Votes: 282 69.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 124 30.5%

• Total voters

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I'll be playing the chick in Heart Gold and the dude in Sould Silver. I generally play as my own gender and Soul Silver will be my main game :P
    The chick is cool so she gets to be played on Heart Gold :]

Finnel

Years
    Gold because he looks cute, otherwise I always pick the girl, only exceptions being D/P/Pt and these remakes.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Pick whatever looks better. In DPPt obviously I chose Dia like in RSE Saph. Yes I found saph better then Ruby. Anyway whatever looks better. Gold seems to have a nice hat thing going and if his hair flows a bit when running cool. But the girl if she looks like a big round white thing running around and the hat goes back a little like its running then her for sure.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm choosing the female, as always. 2 reasons. Because she looks tough, and because she's a girl.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    Female in SoulSilver (although i would've been happy with Kris grumblegrumblegrumble)
    Male in HeartGold

but since I'm getting Silver first, I voted female.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am choosing the girl because she looks pretty cool. Also because she's the only one who hasn't been in an anime show...yet.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Im a guy so im choosing Gold in SoulSilver
    But if i got Heart Gold i'll choose Female(Shes Cute :3)

Years
    I'll play as the girl because she's new to me. Besides, she's pretty. The overalls don't even look countrified; they look cute. Maybe it just looks better because I'm using a laptop and you're probably using a regular computer. (I have a small laptop called "Aspire one.") I don't care if the hat is that size, because it's white w/ a red ribbon, not all red. (The red hats look awful imo.) I printed out the girl character and she does look adorable. New Gold is a cutie, so I'll look forward to seeing him as well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This will be the first Pokemon game ever where I play as a male (aside from the games I had no choice in). I hate hate HATE the female character's design. Yeah, I'm disappointed it's not the girl from Crystal because I'll mainly be picking these games up for the nostalgia and she'd be a big part of that. I could easily deal with a change if she weren't wearing hideous clothes. ;; Lol even the hairstyle I could deal with but ugggh those weird overalls lmao. :(

Though, maybe it's a good thing. Since Gold was one of my favourite childhood pasttimes, I guess actually playing as the male would be better for nostalgia. Regardless, he's my pick.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm choosing Gold since I am a guy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Since I'm a girl, I'll choose the girl for my proper Silver game. But if I start again or buy Gold I might choose the boy. Just to switch it uuup :)

The Red Chain

Girl in Soul Silver, just because she is so cute. <3

Back