• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Now, you wash that potty mouth out with soap!" :<

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    We've all probably done it at least once, whether or not we liked it. XD; The saying I'm using for my title is a little outdated, but here's where my question comes into play:

So, how often do you guys swear, if at all? Is it just when you're mad, a little more often than that, or do you try to avoid swearing at all times?

I used to swear a lot, just because it was new to me and I heard a lot of other people swearing too. Unfortunately, it turned into a bad habit for a little while, but I've since been able to break it. I still swear, but I don't unnecessarily. Usually only when I'm angry or frustrated. XD;

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Very rarely around others, but when I'm annoyed and alone, oh my xD. Well, sometimes I do it if I can use it to make some people laugh, but most of the time I tend to avoid "body function" terms if I really am to swear. It's not common- most people think I'm the type to just not swear, but if you stick around me long enough you'll hear something eventually, lol. So long as they know what they're saying, I don't really care about people who swear, really.

Oh yeah, I used to do it a lot when I was smaller, but now I realize that was just immature. I thought it was "cool", but looking back it was just a really bad speech habit, along with my old, often-striking-back habit of speaking with a rather annoying accent.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I swear around my friends since they are the only people I feel comfortable swearing with (and at sometimes) and my sister; she is my best friend. I don't when there is family or young children around.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    I have developed what we call "A Sailor Mouth". I swear almost constantly. I know it's a bad habit, but it's hard to break. Normally I have to be aggrivated in some way to utter an obscenity, but even then I still have been known to curse up a storm. Luckilly I can type everything I say online, so that's a major help to filter out my "sailor mouth" XD

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I avoid both saying and hearing it from other people, signs of aggression, immaturity and lack of total intelligence for a better vocab is quiet sad.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I have to admit, when I'm truly annoyed and not thinking clearly, I can swear quite prolifically. It isn't as big a problem for me as it used to be, but that's only because I've gotten better at keeping my cool.
    Asura Nirosuki said:
    I avoid both saying and hearing it from other people, signs of aggression, immaturity and lack of total intelligence for a better vocab is quiet sad.
    I fail to see the link between a lack of self control and a lack of "total intelligence." How well someone reacts to stress and anger is completely separate from how smart someone is. If someone swears in anger, that does not mean that they don't know any better words, it just means that they have a problem with self control.

Last edited:
    Years
    I swear online a bit, not a lot though.

I've never sworn in front of my parents, unless it was repeating what someone else said, but around my friends I will occasionally, unless I get mad... then... y'know. XD;

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I don't usually swear offline.. and even when I do, I don't do it around other people. However, I swear quite often online! Most of the time in a mocking manner, though. Unless I'm really mad which is rare. D: ~

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I pretty much swear every two days. But I listen to profanity everyday.
    I usually give worse than I get. xD;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Heh. I'd like to consider myself a rather intelligent person who is mature, since all those older than me say so. But, I mean, if I'm having a bad day, and I'm at work with horrible customers who are rude to me, a few choice words are going to slide out underneath my breath. It makes me, and a few of my coworkers who do the same, feel better without actually yelling at the customer. Or punching them in the face.

Besides, I'd like to think that there is a difference between occasionally using a swear when something goes wrong or one is particularly angry, and using a swear word before every noun in a sentence.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Unfortunately, I picked up a nasty habit of swearing around my friends in sixth grade, believe it or not. My class, at the time, was full of kids who were very immature for their age, and I didn't fit in well with them, being rather mature myself. So, to fit in, I started swearing, and it worked, but I'm ashamed of it. I didn't realize how bad it was until about three years later, so I tried to stop, but it's a lot harder than you would think. As it turns out, I only swear around my really good friends, and to myself. Even so, it's a lot less than I used to. And I hardly ever swear online, there's just no need.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I have to admit, when I'm truly annoyed and not thinking clearly, I can swear quite prolifically. It isn't as big a problem for me as it used to be, but that's only because I've gotten better at keeping my cool.

I fail to see the link between a lack of self control and a lack of "total intelligence." How well someone reacts to stress and anger is completely separate from how smart someone is. If someone swears in anger, that does not mean that they don't know any better words, it just means that they have a problem with self control.

Does it come very necessary to say it continuesly for the next minute or so? Self control comes lot in Verbal abuse yet, swearing off never calms a person down from what I always see...makes it worse In some ways.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My friends are always completly shocked when I swear if that tells you anything. I hardly ever do it, I don't see a need to in casual conversation. In fact, I think it gets rather annoying when people drop the f-bomb every other word.

The only time I ever do is when I'm extremly mad, which isn't that often~

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    If you see Beachy swear, you've seen a rare comet. I refrain from swearing online, on MSN I may swear just one foul word (Usually at random times) and it always seems to lighten the mood and make everyone laugh because it's so rare with me. XD Offline, a very bad day can get to my emotions and I'll swear. I don't like to, and I'd rather not, but it comes out everynow and then. XD Not often~

Years
    Swearing's a bad habit of mine these days, it seems. I'm catching up on it, though, mostly offline. I don't want to swear too much.

I swear when I'm frustrated or angry, mostly, although there's times where I swear and I'm not angry. :/

Back