• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    That's still very neat, Laptrap. :D Normally most wouldn't even bother with it. I didn't really expect you to have done it. Especially since you have such a large collection.

derozio

Years
    I need to watch that show.

All that aside, THIS is really surprising. The new volumes of OP sell as amazingly as usual but I think most of the japanese people have caught up with the backlog and have the rest of the volumes with them. Because usually at the half year point OP is at 7-9 million total. But this time it is ridiculously low.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...anga-tops-one-piece-in-half-year-sales/.75118

What do you know. AoT might actually be #1 this year. I never expected this. I thought the series would run out of steam after the anime got over..

derozio

Years
    I like boats. Every kind. :D

Anyway, I was watching Baccano episode 7 and wow...it went total Fullmetal Alchemist on me lmao. SO INTERESTED to watch more. Will probably finish it today.

ALSO downloading Utena and Lupin III - Woman named Mine Fujiko. Latter's opening itself is literally brimming with nudity. I don't know why I didn't expect that. Caught me off guard.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not seen much of the Lupin franchise, just the green coat series and some ovas I believe. Pretty fun series but no real motivation to watch the long series. Will probably hit the films and the series you mentioned though, eventually.

Utena best anime.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    So since the new SERAMUN trailer is out, is anyone hyped for the Sailor Moon remake?

I for sure ain't. Toei ♥♥♥♥ed up badly this time. Making the long waited Sailor Moon remake low budget as ♥♥♥♥ is an insult. Even Precure has a bigger budget than this, and Precure has a terrible budget. Thank god Kotono is still Usagi, but everyone else has a new VA, because the original VAs were too expensive.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Something seems very off about Usagi's face, but I dunno what it is. Maybe her forehead is too big? I really don't know, but it looks.. a little odd to me. I never finished the original Sailor Moon, so I won't be watching this one.

Finished Index II today & the movie - sad that there's no more of that series to watch. Want more of Misaka </3

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It looks more like the manga than the old tv series, sure the character design would have looked better if they actually had a decent budget. Not that the manga is particularly attractive. Lucky I didn't have high hopes for that one, especially after the delays and learning that it would only be one episode per fortnight with streaming sites getting it before tv.

Misaka has her own spin of show, you might have already seen it though. It's called Railgun. The retelling of the Sisters arc was pretty great.

Master Keaton is the latest thing I've seen. Pretty fantastic, but nothing less than I expected considering it is a Naoki Urasawa work.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Something seems very off about Usagi's face, but I dunno what it is. Maybe her forehead is too big? I really don't know, but it looks.. a little odd to me. I never finished the original Sailor Moon, so I won't be watching this one.

Finished Index II today & the movie - sad that there's no more of that series to watch. Want more of Misaka </3

I think it's the hair - it's way poofy, and it makes her head look disproportionate.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    They maybe tried adapting the manga design, but they sure failed at it and made everyone skinny as ♥♥♥♥. Are they promoting anorexia or what. And digital animation just makes them look bland as ♥♥♥♥. At least the new kids got shiny new animation!

Here's a comparison:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back