• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Well, Orochimaru being final villain would redeem the series a bit in my eyes at this point. But offing Madara that way was still pretty damn terrible.

derozio

Years
  • lmfao Dave. XD; Well, Naruto is pretty damn terrible at this point so you're better off not reading it from where you are now anyway. Just watch it sometimes in the anime when it is not in filler mode. It'll be better I guess.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Everywhere I go there are Naruto discussions and I can't live that life because I am 200 chapters behind.

Don't worry, I'm also left behind. And you want to know something, this brother of mine really wants to spoil the newest chapters, so I don't even bother wanting to read anymore. :'D

Well, Naruto is pretty damn terrible at this point so you're better off not reading it from where you are now anyway.

That bad? Haha, I should add that to the pile of terrible stuff I'll be continuing by next week. Or... the pile of manga that I have missed for the last six months.

derozio

Years
  • You know things have gone south terribly when even laptrap himself says something like that!! :OOO

Me? I've dropped the series after chapter 679. Or was it 680? I don't remember. I don't read it weekly anymore. I..the bullcrap meter was off the charts. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I'll stick to One Piece for the time being. Will maybe watch the whole Shippudden anime once the series ends while skipping fillers.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'll probably start watching the Shippuden anime again since I left it off at like... I don't even remember, whatever happened right after the Kage Summit arc.

Candy

Years
  • That's great news for the Jojo fans. Too bad I don't watch Jojo. P:

Get me interested and I'll watch it while ignoring the art style.

You know things have gone south terribly when even laptrap himself says something like that!! :OOO

That's it. To the pile of downward-spiralling manga you go, Naruto.

Candy

Years
  • I need to get out of public to watch that.

Not hating on it, it is unique. It's just that I'm not much of a fan for realistic art styles. Don't blame me.

I also avoid those Superhero cartoons from America in case you need to know.

So if you really want me to watch anything with realistic art styles, get me interested so I can watch it while ignoring my unlove for realistic art styles. I might end up enjoying the art as well. P:

derozio

Years

• Just look at this ♥♥♥♥. You're missing out, man. JoJo is love.

On that note, I should make a thread on it today. The series deserves one. Plus, the news about it getting extended to a 4 cour is all the more reason for it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ok, let me just think over this for a second. A show that has 7 foot tall, musclebound Japanese teenagers with hair that looks like a hat is too realistic. Okay.

You should just say you like colourful ''moe'' styled stuff from the last 10 years.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Jojo's art is a few things. It changes/develops a lot throughout the manga. It doesn't take itself too seriously, limbs regularly change size, it's a part of the charm in my opinion but I'm sure people hate it. Just as unrealistic as the worst of the bug eyed moeblob pink haired girls saying desu teehee imo. A realistic art style would be something like Monster, although that's still rather exaggerated with some characters.
    Spoiler:

Story isn't particularly amazing but the battles and characters are fun. Some of the trashtalk during the fights has me in stitches. Still got several parts to read so perhaps the story will improve.

Also muh iconic one liners.
    Spoiler:

Candy

Years
  • Story isn't particularly amazing but the battles and characters are fun. Some of the trashtalk during the fights has me in stitches. Still got several parts to read so perhaps the story will improve.

Also muh iconic one liners.
    Spoiler:

You could've said these instead of the art from the beginning.

It's like getting me to CLANNAD while enduring the ridiculously huge eyes. Dang that story is sad. I didn't regret anything.

I'll check it out. Watch out for me in that Jojo thread, okay? Just a heads up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    JoJo's a weird work in progress. Since it's such a long series, an already unique style of art does undergo an evolution as the series progresses. Even at its best, the style isn't for everyone, but I think the manner in which it's animated is endearing and helps make it more popular with the modern anime fanbase than it might have otherwise been. Like, it's not just the manga animated, it's the manga animated in an exaggerated style fitting of the story, sometimes it feels like you're watching a motion comic that isn't as cheap as it should be. (JoJo's one of David Productions first works)

But, yeah, Stardust Crusaders for a whole year? Yes, please! It'll be interesting to see if they give the other parts such treatment because some of them are even longer. If it's decided to continue taking those year long breaks between parts, we might...be here for a while.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Picked up Kamigami no Asobi for fun (Also a switch flipped in my head to be more willing to try these things) and the misogyny in the anime watching community over an obvious reverse harem shojo is quite amusing. You don't see people running around warning girls not to watch something like Highschool DxD and calling it a trap. Heh :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back