• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I find watching battle shounen series weekly pretty tough so I read ahead in the manga once I've caught up. It was around the end of the Pain arc that I started reading the Naruto manga, so I've been waiting for new chapters every Wednesday for the best part of 3 years.

Years
    I have never caught up with any of the battle manga... unless Negima! counted as one for the last 3 years of its run.

Anyway, I have a Crunchyroll anime sub now (looking to add the manga sub to my subs the first chance I get, though). What should I get ready to enjoy next season? And what should I catch up on this season that'll be continuing into next season?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Barakamon and Zankyou no Terror are worh checking out from this season imo, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul if you're okay with blood because a lot of other people seem to like it so maybe you will. I don't really know much about next season other than that it'll have Log Horizon 2 and Wixoss 2! But I don't know if you've seen Log Horizon or Selector Infected Wixoss so this might not apply :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I have never caught up with any of the battle manga... unless Negima! counted as one for the last 3 years of its run.

Anyway, I have a Crunchyroll anime sub now (looking to add the manga sub to my subs the first chance I get, though). What should I get ready to enjoy next season? And what should I catch up on this season that'll be continuing into next season?
    Next season is all about DATABASE!
    And PSYCHO PASS!
    And maybe Wixoss =D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Next season has G no Reconguista, that will save anime. I mean it's a Gundam where Tomino is writing every episode. It'll be the most involvement he's had with a series since the 80s.

Other than that I'm most hyped for more Mushishi, Logo Horizon and that new Ghibli CGI thing. I havem't read the blurbs from the generic looking stuff.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    My currently anime episode backlog is steadily increasing ahaha... I only bothered to watch SAO only because I'm most hyped for it this season (Free! as well, but Kiriko beats everything to me right now) and Zankyou no Terror has quite the huge size. ;w;

You don't know how much I tried to even watch a single episode of SAO in the currently low free time I have.

Good lord I also wanna finish Natsume Yuujinchou, Mushishi, Psycho Pass as well as check out the GitS series as well as NGE. Backlogs WHOO!

Years
    • Seen today
    Next season has G no Reconguista, that will save anime. I mean it's a Gundam where Tomino is writing every episode. It'll be the most involvement he's had with a series since the 80s.
    He did Turn A Gundam in the late 90s, it was his first show after he recovered from depression. (and not Gundam but he did Overman King Gainer)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    SAO2 > SAO. Cuz Shinon's ass > anything from SAO.

Finished watching Nodame Cantabile - the entire series this time around. Had only seen the first season the first time. I loved the experience. Megumi Noda's VA did an excellent job at her character portrayal. She and her constant "MUKYAA!!!"s "GYABO!!!"s were just...lovely. Nobody could've voiced her better. Just amazing. And to think she also voiced "EKKUSU-KALIBURRRR!!!" Saber from the Fate series.

Thinking of watching Durarara or Mushishi next. Dunno what to start. Or maybe I'll finish the Toaru first season that I left at the half-way point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back