• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    To be fair most airing series threads die after a week or so.

One of the most casual series of the season is one of my favourites and it seems nobody wants to talk about it.
    Spoiler:

At least he tried.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    That's true. Sadly. It is mostly due to lack of anime-viewing population on a pokemon-centered forum like PC, I guess.

I loved that scene. SO good. XD;

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    2 pages is pretty cool... more than most of the threads for other ongoings.

Casual anime watchers normally go for whatever that is popular. A reason why the LH2 and SAO2 threads have a lot of pages.

Meanwhile, the other good shows are not touched, hence the lack of discussion in their respective threads. If you go to an anime forum there will be thread discussions lasting for pagrs, but this is a Pokemon forum after all, so there are more casual watchers than hardcore fans.

It's too bad thougfh, since there are many good ones this season.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Casual anime watchers normally go for whatever that is popular. A reason why the LH2 and SAO2 threads have a lot of pages.

Meanwhile, the other good shows are not touched, hence the lack of discussion in their respective threads. If you go to an anime forum there will be thread discussions lasting for pagrs, but this is a Pokemon forum after all, so there are more casual watchers than hardcore fans.

It's too bad thougfh, since there are many good ones this season.
    Since it's Pokemon forum, there aren't even many watchers =)

derozio

Years
    I wish we had a few more regulars. More people who are into proper discussions. :p But oh well, not much can be expected...

I'll still stick around though since this place is all comfy for me. I've been here 5 years now, after all. XD;

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of Seirei no Moribito as of late. I'll finish it today, I think. And it is one hell of an anime. Would probably write a review on it too. :3 And the fight scenes are insanely good, to boot. I'm a full-blown production I.G fan now. GITS and Moribito - they're something else, really!

Here's one amazing fight scene. The video quality is pretty bad but anyone can see how amazingly directed the scene is! :OOO

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm not sure if I'd manage on an anime forum :< although there are a couple I watch that don't seem popular/don't have threads here (or at least, people only post once a week when the episode airs XD).

That's some lv.99 Spear right there.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Anime forums are pretty terrible in my experience. So many nothing threads, let me draw some examples from MAL.

Do certain noses' designs bother anyone else?
    Art or Story? Maybe Both?
    Overly Kawaii Voice?
    Is anime even for kids?? - this one was written by a user called proudotaku94
    Watching anime on a phone. Yes or No?
    Hard time ranking favourites.

This is just from the first of 700 plus pages of torture.

derozio

Years
    Yeah, true. Lesser activity > super-active-trash in my opinion as well. :p
    Still, a little more activity in some of the better releases of this season wouldn't hurt. XD;

Either way, I've got a good amount of stuff that I need to download next. Wondering if I can download this stuff in 10ish days or not...

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (6 episodes downloaded, 104 to go + some movies, I think?)
    Cardcaptor Sakura (27 done out of 70 + movies)
    Mushishi Zoku Shou (need to download the entire season)
    Rainbow - Nisha Rokubou no Shinichin (11 episodes done out of 26)
    Haikyuu!! (just one episode done)
    Clannad After Story (Seen it but need to download it. 9 Episodes done)
    Ouran High School Host Club (gotta download the whole thing)
    Haibane Renmei (episode 6-12 missing)
    Kaiji S2

Probably not. LoGH and CCS would eat up a majority of time, anyway. XD

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    You should finish Clannad,Haibane Renmei and get up to cardcaptor episode 35 for two reason (1. Christmas episode is 35 2.It's the final episode pre first movie).

derozio

Years
    I have actually seen both cardcaptor sakura and clannad after story before, though. :p Haibane Renmei is the only title which I haven't touched.

Anyway, I don't know why but I kinda started a rewatch of Steins;Gate. :# Also plan to watch perfect blue again tonight.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I have actually seen both cardcaptor sakura and clannad after story before, though. :p Haibane Renmei is the only title which I haven't touched.

Anyway, I don't know why but I kinda started a rewatch of Steins;Gate. :# Also plan to watch perfect blue again tonight.

I'm getting so much hate from my friends because I still haven't watched Steins;Gate even though I said I would at least 3 years ago xD

Cardcaptor Sakura gives me so much childhood memories and I'm pretty sure was one of the first anime I ever finished. I really want to see Haibane Renmei though, got a copy of the manga but never got past the first book.

derozio

Years
    I'm getting so much hate from my friends because I still haven't watched Steins;Gate even though I said I would at least 3 years ago xD

Cardcaptor Sakura gives me so much childhood memories and I'm pretty sure was one of the first anime I ever finished. I really want to see Haibane Renmei though, got a copy of the manga but never got past the first book.
    You really should, haha. It isn't GODLY like you'd expect (universal praise on animu boards), but it is a pretty good watch nonetheless. I'm rewatching it right now and really enjoying it. :)

CCS was probably my first too. Amazing memories attached to that sweet gem of a show. <333
    I'm almost finished downloading Haibane Renmei. I'll go with Serial Experiments Lain next. Listening to its OP made me feel like downloading the show. :3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    You really should, haha. It isn't GODLY like you'd expect (universal praise on animu boards), but it is a pretty good watch nonetheless. I'm rewatching it right now and really enjoying it. :)

I've heard everyone say it's amaazing so I'm really close to watching it now xD. It'll probably be one of the first anime I'll watch next year. I'm kinda conflicted though as a lot of my friends are telling me that it has a good english dub and that I should watch it in english. A few others say they prefer the japanese dub (but then they had to wait a while for the english movie to come out), so haven't picked what to watch... maybe I'll end up watching both?

Robotics;Notes was loads better. Should watch that instead.

Actually watched the first few episodes of Robotics;Notes when it started airing, but lost track so I stopped watching.

Also I've seen a couple of people say you have to watch it in order with Chaos;Head first, then Steins;Gate and then Robotics;Notes. I know that Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate are in the same universe (wasn't sure bout Robotics;Notes aside that it's part of the "Augmented Science Adventure" series).

Better to watch it in order? or just in whatever order? (in which one would probably enjoy it the most (even if it would vary for different people))

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back