• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    The anime for Persona 4 is one I'll never watch, though. I heard it is a terrible adaptation and I already have the game so I'd rather play that. Movies, on the other hand, I look forward to. P3 first movie was good.
    I'd at the very least recommend watching Persona 4 Golden the Animation, which was good for quite a few laughs and stood as what many fans considered what Marie's role should have been in P4. It was better than the Persona 4 one (but it also assumes that you've played Persona 4 before or watched the original anime), and it's pretty short so it feels like a slog. That said, it's more a follow-up to the main game and the original and it mostly isn't an action anime, but it's a pretty fun ride.

The original, on the other hand, was...eh. It had some good ideas, the music was pretty quality, and one episode in particular (episode 12, which I would recommend watching whether you watch the whole anime or not) stands out, but it's mostly just okay. It wasn't bad by any stretch, and Yu can be pretty hilarious, but it was...mostly just okay.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'd at the very least recommend watching Persona 4 Golden the Animation, which was good for quite a few laughs and stood as what many fans considered what Marie's role should have been in P4. It was better than the Persona 4 one (but it also assumes that you've played Persona 4 before or watched the original anime), and it's pretty short so it feels like a slog. That said, it's more a follow-up to the main game and the original and it mostly isn't an action anime, but it's a pretty fun ride.

The original, on the other hand, was...eh. It had some good ideas, the music was pretty quality, and one episode in particular (episode 12, which I would recommend watching whether you watch the whole anime or not) stands out, but it's mostly just okay. It wasn't bad by any stretch, and Yu can be pretty hilarious, but it was...mostly just okay.
    Well, if you insist, I'll watch Golden at least. But after I've played the game. Not watching the first anime, though. It would just spoil the game for me. And considering the amount of fun I had with P3, I wouldn't want my P4 game getting spoiled at all. :p

Onani Master, eh? I've heard of the name somewhere.

*checks it*

Alright, I remember now. Someone recommended it to me on facebook. A friend. Seems interesting. I'll check it out after I'm done reading Tokyo Ghoul. :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    So even Urobuchi has his good days, eh.

Wowow, even more surprising, the show got worse when he wasn't working on it.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    You guys were having fun while I was away on a 2-day trip... :<

About Fairy Tail... I haven't finished the first season just 'cause I'm too lazy to do so. And then I saw bits of the 2nd and I'm really not impressed. :/

Might finish the first season just so it won't stay on the On-Hold list forever.

Anyway, Winter 2015 doesn't have that many interesting stuff, the only thing I will be following is Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, although as always that might change (chances are it won't). Spring 2015 though, looking forward to that season.

derozio

Years
    Anyway, Winter 2015 doesn't have that many interesting stuff, the only thing I will be following is Ansatsu Kyoumuksu, although as always that might change (chances are it won't). Spring 2015 though, looking forward to that season.

I agree! I mean, look at this friggin' lineup!

Gintama sequel (BEST SEASON EVER CONFIRMED)
    Digimon sequel (BEST SEASON EVER CONFIRMED [2])
    High School DxD sequel (BEST SEASON EVER CONFIRMED [3])
    OregaIru sequel (BEST SEASON EVER CONFIRMED [4])
    Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu (moar nagato!!)
    Lupin III
    Ninja Slayer
    Shougeki no Soma
    Sidonia no Kishi S2

Then there are these that I may give a shot -
    Punchline (based MAPPA)
    Owari no Seraph
    Ore Monogatari!!
    Kyoukai no Rinne

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Yuri Kuma Arashi
    Milky Holmes
    Koufuku Graffiti
    iDOLM@STER
    JoJo
    AssClass
    DRRR
    Rolling Girls
    Yatterman
    Junketsu no Maria

Yeah, winter looks pretty great, guys.

Looking forward for new Gintama and Lupin in Spring.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    ANSATSU KYOUMUKSU WITH MY HEART AND SOUL
    apart from that, Tokyo Ghoul √A and Kuroko no Basket 3 there's nothing really this season I want to watch.
    It's for the best since I've got lots from last season like Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road and things like World Trigger, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Log Horizon 2 and Parasyte (waiting to watch the live first) that I didn't start last season.

Very excited for:
    Digimon Adventure tri.
    Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
    Shokugeki no Souma
    DRRR x2

and will probably watch both season 3s of UtaPri and High School DxD

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Let me just laugh at how Ansatsu Kyoush!tsu (filter-dodging 'cause you know it's a Japanese word anyway) is written as Ansatsu Kyoumuksu instead when I see the posts of those who still enable the swear filter and forgot to edit it before posting.

derozio

Years
    i never bothered to switch it off. since going to the settings is a bothersome job.

either way, 2015 will be off to a fun start with AssClass. I swear i've heard nothing but great things about the series. If it does indeed end up being as fun as its been hyped to be, I'm gonna be a happy pup. :3

derozio

Years
    >compared to GTO

with almost no other competition from other animu in its season (apart from i guess drrrx2 if it does something extraordinary or from that yuri kuma anime from penguindrum's creator), it'll probably end up AOTS for me. GTO lite would still be pretty damn great, you know.

derozio

Years
    yeah but 'lite' GTO still sounds better than most stuff in winter 2015 to me tbqh.

Spring will be THE bomb, though. I can't wait for it. I even have my term ends then. But I wouldn't care.

I'm downloading Garo, btw. That tokusatsu show by MAPPA with weird CGI armor thingies and that opening where jamproject yells the title name three times, I mean. Been recommended by a bunch of people and it seems to be getting a new season + movie already so yeah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back