• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    That kinda dampens my motivation. Might not read it now.

Anyway, off to watch some Akame ga Kill and Barakamon.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Surprised you would even considering how much you supposedly hated the anime. I mean everything you dislike about the anime is in the manga.

Barakamon is good toons.

derozio

Years
    One of my friends told me that the anime is utter filth while the manga is amazing. If they're as similar as you say they are, there's no way what that guy said is true. But he's been bugging me about it for a while now which is why I even thought of reading it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I suppose if you have a pee fetish it would be a lot better. They left that character out of the anime.

Silly stuff aside the ending is better but yeah, if you hate the anime you'll dislike the manga. Not sure what your mate is on but I bet he doesn't dislike the anime.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
    Well with the Elfen Lied manga the stakes were certainly higher and there were certainly characters that were cut out from the anime, but I mean other than that, that's about it in terms of changes.

Years
    Only watched the first Haikyuu ep but it seems good. I prefer marathoning sports shows so I've been saving them up along with Baby Steps and Daiya no Ace.

Sports stories are always best consumed in binges.

I suppose if you have a pee fetish it would be a lot better. They left that character out of the anime.

What.

derozio

Years
    ...uhh yeah. I think I saw it in a hentai once. >_>'

ANYWAY, awkwardness aside, anyone came across any mind-blowingly awesome series as of late?

derozio

Years
    > It deals with the story of an Otaku who wished to have a second chance in life, only to get run over by a truck. Unknowingly, he was resurrected in a high fantasy world and now goes by the name of Rudeus Grayrat. The twist however, is that he keeps his memories from his previous life and uses it to his advantage. From there on, he swore that he will live his life to the fullest and not be a NEET. Follow Rudeus and his adventures from his infantile stage to his adulthood in this high fantasy story.

>Netto

why am i not surprised

derozio

Years
    i know netto haha. same goes for stuff that involves politics. :p

these days i'm a sucker for simplistic, over-the-top shows where I don't have to pay attention too much. like, when I'm busy, I prefer to just relax and watch chaos unfold on screen without worrying about whether or not I missed that vital dialogue spoken by so and so character.

Talking of fantasy though, anyone heard of the date for LH2? I saw a chart but its only saying Fall 2014 and not the exact date. AND I WANT TO KNOW TILL WHEN I'LL HAVE TO ENDURE FOR MY AWESOMESAUCE VILLAIN IN GLASSES TO MAKE A RETURN! <333

Years
    LOL. I find it funny how the translators are all trying to pass the Asura Kingdom arc off each other because off all the nobles maneuvering and talking getting the Japanese grammar all mucked up.

I have sports anime for that. :P

It's fall, so expect September or October.

derozio

Years
    Asura arc? Are we talking about Log Horizon over here? What's being talked about? XD; I'm sorry, I generally don't really read the LNs and all so I'm not up-to-date with what LN translators do. :p

Ahaha, true that. For me I generally watch shounen XD; I mean, there's no other reason to watch Akame ga Kill, really. Other than to just sit back and watch people kill each other and ♥♥♥♥ lol

I know, lmao. But I guess the exact date really isn't out. Whatever, it isn't all that far away now. Can't wait. <3

Also One Piece. Sometimes I really like how Oda does his panels. <3;

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've only been paying attention to currently airing anime for like a few years now but it definitely feels like there are way more shows about a NEET falling into a world where he suddenly has power.

Years
    I've only been paying attention to currently airing anime for like a few years now but it definitely feels like there are way more shows about a NEET falling into a world where he suddenly has power.

It appeals to the target audience. The people the Japanese studio's actually expect to gouge money from with their absurdly expensive blu-rays.

It's annoying how they don't want to make it easier to access their series for "concern's about reverse importing." Seriously shouldn't the profits from a more accessible legal means to get anime balance out the costs of losing some profits from Japan?

I mean yeah the US gets Crunchyroll and whatnot, but the rest of the world gets some really weird licensing restrictions.

Was talking about that LN I linked btw heh.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    A deep and psychologically damaged character like the rest of them.

ANYWAY, awkwardness aside, anyone came across any mind-blowingly awesome series as of late?
    Touch, Cross Game and Maison Ikkoku are really very good. Have been reading them but I know the anime series are very highly regarded. As for anime the only things I've seen over the last few weeks have been iDOLM@STER, some of ZZ Gundam and Ghost Yomi. First two of those shows are good, although you aren't going to start with ZZ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back