• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obscure Systems

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • Do any of you own an obscure system, and if so, which one(s)? By obscure system, I mean something that isn't an (S)NES, N64, GC, GB(C/A), PS(1/2), Xbox, Genesis, or Dreamcast. I own a Virtual Boy and am very pleased with it...I actually think it was nintendo's most ingenious system and I've always been disappointed about how poorly it went over and how quickly it died. I've currently been considering acquiring a 3D0 and a Sega Game Gear as well; both have interested me over time. So, I'll pose the question again: do you own any forgotten systems?

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I have an LCD system from China called a "Game Player". I also have an Atari 2600, Mattel Intellivision, and Commodore Vic 20; but those are old, not obscure.

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've had so many chances to buy a Game Gear it's not even funny...I'll find one at a flea market, it'll be in working order for as little as $10 sometimes, but I always choke at the last minute and pass it up in hopes that there'll be an NES somewhere in the vacinity, but it's never worked to where I find one. I really need to jump on the next one I see =/

Black Lotus

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
    Years

• I own a "forgotten system" called Sachen. It's basicly NES, but it can run both NES and Sachen games. The control designs look like SNES and the processor design looks like PS. Haven't used it in couple of years, more than couple to be truthful.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I have an emulator for Wonderswan, but I don't think that counts, especially considering I haven't used it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I have a Gamegear, Sonic Drift 2 is quite fun (well now Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash greatly outshine it, but it's still nice for the road). The sytem goes through batteries like nobody's business though (why I'm still skeptical of the PSP's battery life since its so advanced for a portable like Gamegear was for its time).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    ;; You're all making me jealous XD

Now I want to buy some type of obscure system >>; Needless to say, I don't own one.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I got a Dreamcast, controller, and three games today for ten dollars...I consider myself lucky <_<;

I also have the chance to get a Game Gear today for $12. It has an AC adapter and a carrying case, but the screen is a bit scuffed. I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Turbo Graphx 16 and Atari Jaguar? Wow, nice set. I could only dream of finding those o_o; I saw a Sega Nomad at a game store yesterday, but it was $90 ;_____;

Ooh, even more news from me! I picked up a Game Gear, official carrying case, and AC adapter at a yard sale for $5. I don't have any games yet, but it seems to work perfectly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    XD

I should go garage saling more often ^^; That's where I picked up my NES + 10 games for $10 lol

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Wow those are some incredible deals you are finding.. I still can't believe you a found dreamcast... and got it for only 10 bucks at that! XD

My parents bought the Turbo Grafx 16 and Jaguar for my brothers years ago, but they just gave it to me.... I don't think I'll be selling them anytime soon XD

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Hehe, i gots a Nintendo game&watch for free at the markets.

Sure it's really boring but it's fun to play olden-day games.XD

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • i got 3 comodore64's if they counts plus 700+ disks the old pc types where you have to type load* ect great memories they were speaking of which im off to my my mario game on my comodore64 it may only be 8 bit and some of the enimies dodgie (a ball that kills you, bowser looks too much like a dragon) but other than that its great game with nes graphics and 80 levels

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Happy Dude said:
    Hehe, i gots a Nintendo game&watch for free at the markets.

Sure it's really boring but it's fun to play olden-day games.XD

Even if it's boring, think of it this way: it's the original Nintendo DS XD

I've been searching myself crazy for Oil Panic or Manhole for the Game & Watch, but they seem incredibly elusive.

Kyosuke said:
    Wow those are some incredible deals you are finding.. I still can't believe you a found dreamcast... and got it for only 10 bucks at that! XD

The Dreamcast itself only cost $2, actually XD I had to pay extra for the controllers and the games =p

I had to pay $5 for a Dreamcast memory card at the mall, and when I got it home, it didn't even work =/

Back