• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Obsessive callers?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Dear Mom,
    I would really like it if you would stop calling me every five minutes. I'm quite a busy boy now, and you calling to tell me the same thing every time is pretty annoying. Can you please stop?
    Love you,
    Your son

When I'm playing through the game, my mom is always calling me. I used to answer her in hope that she'd just stop. Picking up all the items she bought for me, and all just hoping she'd lessen up on the calls. But nope, she still calls me while playing almost every five minutes or so. >_>; Do you have your mom calling you so many times within the hour or day while playing or perhaps another NPC that just obsesses over calling you?

...and do you usually ignore it after a time, or still have that urge to answer them even though you know what they're going to say?

Years
  • "OMG, MY RATTATA IS WAAAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER RATTATA! LOLOLOL, TTYL!!"

It gets SO annoying, I swear! But to be honest, it can be pretty funny. :P
    For some reason, I ALWAYS answer when someone's calling. But it's hilarious when I just so happen to enter a building AS SOON AS someone calls. XD
    And it's really dumb how your mom continuously uses YOUR money to buy some berries. I mean, really. Get a job, mom. T_T

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I just ignore almost everything. If it's my Mom, it just means that she bought me some stuff so I just get it from the PM. It's not that big of a problem. :)

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • The most annoying caller I find is Juggler Irwin. He calls me all the time saying pointless short sentences. I also have the annoying urge to answer his calls too, despite knowing roughly what he's gonna say. It's a bad habit I suppose.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • Irwin. I feel disturbed that I'm rocking someone's soul, someone I've battled ONCE. I mean, Etan's a childhood friend and I don't think he says 'Hey, I'm awesome cuz I know Helen lololpooolol!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111'

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I have 225 Chilan Berries... o_O
    Well, yeah, another annoying NPC is Juggler Irwin, the only guy who isn't rebattleable and only talks about "escapades". At least Joey wants to battle sometimes.... T_T

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Gahhhh, definitely Mom. Every time she calls, she has found an item, and bought it. Now the most annoying thing is that she says "Sorry!"

hey, here's a suggestion Mom, next time, DONT DO IT AT ALL.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I found Youngster Joey annoying because he keeps saying his Rattata is better than other Rattata. I mean, it's just a Rattata. I also don't like Juggler Irwin because after you've done the important things in the game, he'll say the same line of hearing about the player's escapades over and over again. Yes, he's rebattleable, but you have to call him at a certain time for the battle.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
  • The most annoying caller I find is Juggler Irwin. He calls me all the time saying pointless short sentences. I also have the annoying urge to answer his calls too, despite knowing roughly what he's gonna say. It's a bad habit I suppose.

Don't you find that it's kinda weird that he practically idolizes you for everything that you do? Like when you defeated Team Rocket or walked out of the Dragon's Den and whatnot? And one time I called him and he said that he was about to call me then *click*...weird, huh?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    Juggler irwin annoying its a call for pointless stuff.

a also sometimes want to call him he is so annoying more than me.

M. Dent

Trial Triangle
    Years
  • I don't take their numbers unless I know they're gonna do something for me like battles, items, etc.

The only people that bother me are Mom and Lyra. Lyra called me twice today to say that her Marill evolved...okay, whut? Do you want a cookie for that Lyra? You still aren't important to me.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Youngster Joey talks about his rattata while juggler Irwin also keeps on talking and calling me. But most of all, MOM!
    I never pick up anymore though :).

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Mom always calls me, saying she bought some useful items. I wish she'd stop doing that. She keeps buying me the same berries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yup, Irwin for me too. I don't even care about my escapades. :(

But poor mother, she's just trying to be nice! ...surprised Joey isn't mentioned much. o_O

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Nope Joey calls me the most. I NEVER EVER answer my phone anymore. I just let it keep ringing.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    JOEY JOEY JOEY JOEY JOEY JOEY

... This has been a public service announcement.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would always get called by my mom at the most random of times -.- It's really annoying to be honest.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Dear Mom,
    I would really like it if you would stop calling me every five minutes. I'm quite a busy boy now, and you calling to tell me the same thing every time is pretty annoying. Can you please stop?
    Love you,
    Your son

When I'm playing through the game, my mom is always calling me. I used to answer her in hope that she'd just stop. Picking up all the items she bought for me, and all just hoping she'd lessen up on the calls. But nope, she still calls me while playing almost every five minutes or so. >_>; Do you have your mom calling you so many times within the hour or day while playing or perhaps another NPC that just obsesses over calling you?

...and do you usually ignore it after a time, or still have that urge to answer them even though you know what they're going to say?

LOL...she'd probably either be heartbroken or just yell at you for being inconsiderate or something...

So it is true...I heard people saying that she would spend the player's money "accidentally" when she's supposed to be saving it... Yikes. You might as well keep it all in your wallet, then... The only time I'd let the player's mom in-game spend the money is if the items were actually cool, like a PP Max or Rare Candies (this would have to be on a semi-regular basis)...

"OMG, MY RATTATA IS WAAAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER RATTATA! LOLOLOL, TTYL!!"

It gets SO annoying, I swear! But to be honest, it can be pretty funny. :P
    For some reason, I ALWAYS answer when someone's calling. But it's hilarious when I just so happen to enter a building AS SOON AS someone calls. XD
    And it's really dumb how your mom continuously uses YOUR money to buy some berries. I mean, really. Get a job, mom. T_T

Oh...so that's the "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata" guy...! I read his quote on TVTropes... :cer_laugh: :t019:

The most annoying caller I find is Juggler Irwin. He calls me all the time saying pointless short sentences. I also have the annoying urge to answer his calls too, despite knowing roughly what he's gonna say. It's a bad habit I suppose.

Hmm...seems like the player's mom, Youngster Joey, and Juggler Irwin are in the top 3 of most annoying callers. :laugh:

I don't have HeartGold yet, so I can't speak from experience...but these people's calls seem pretty funny though!

Back