• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    Fennekin's evolution isn't part Fighting. Good. Although there's still the final evolution... >_> Still leaning towards Froakie, and I don't really mind Chespin's evolution.

...and joy of joys, they gave Garchomp a Mega evolution. Because the thing wasn't enough of a pain as it was.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Wow, so much new info! I can't WAIT for these games... only a month to go...

My thoughts on these:

• I'm not a huge fan of the new Mewtwo mega evo… I don't know. It's so bulky, and the feet kind of creep me out a bit? I was hoping it was the version Y exclusive, since I'm getting X. Oh well.
    • I think the new Pokemon look great! That ice fossil Pokemon is the cutest. I love that you can change the poodle's hairstyles!
    • Not super impressed with the starter evos, but as people have said, they are the middle stages, and so they could look totally different by the end. I almost always pick a fire-type starter, and I'm pretty bummed on Fennekin's evo. Why does it have to stand up? Why is it single type still? What is with that stick in its tail? Froakie's looks pretty cool, though, and I actually think Chespin's is really cute...
    • YES to character customization!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Fennekin's evolution isn't part Fighting. Good. Although there's still the final evolution... >_> Still leaning towards Froakie, and I don't really mind Chespin's evolution.

...and joy of joys, they gave Garchomp a Mega evolution. Because the thing wasn't enough of a pain as it was.
    Yes and now it's ability powers up Rock, Steel, and Ground moves by 30 percent (it has Sand Force) so that adds to the pain...
    I can't wait for the official site to update so we can get a clue as to which stats will be raised...I have a feeling it'll be attack and speed.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years

Game Freak knows it be trollin. Let's take a pokemon that kills everything with one hit, mega-evolve it, then add 30% to his STAB attack!!!

Years
    Game Freak knows it be trollin. Let's take a pokemon that kills everything with one hit, mega-evolve it, then add 30% to his STAB attack!!!
    I bet Mega Salamence will have Moxie and become faster and bulkier...MegaDragonite will proably have Multiscale and like wise become faster and gain more special attack which will make it a mix sweeper.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
    Chespin's evolution is a JOKE! Hahaha! Chespin is taking the Tepig route with this 1st stage evolution form reveal. I knew all along Froakie would be the one to benefit the most from evolving (design wise). Also Mega Mewtwo X looks so bad ass! I'm even considering canceling my pre-order for Y version and pre-order X version instead just because of it.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014

Well to be fair it cant use Choice Scarf if you choose to mega evolve it and Dragons overall have been nerfed this gen, so while I agree that this pokemon really didn't need a power up it still has its limitations. Also if it gets too powerful, to Ubers it goes.

Years
    Well to be fair it cant use Choice Scarf if you choose to mega evolve it and Dragons overall have been nerfed this gen, so while I agree that this pokemon really didn't need a power up it still has its limitations. Also if it gets too powerful, to Ubers it goes.
    It's also possible it could've gained a boost in speed meaning it wouldn't need the Choice scarf, plus it won't be limited to a certain move anymore...but yeah to Ubers it goes.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    It's also possible it could've gained a boost in speed meaning it wouldn't need the Choice scarf, plus it won't be limited to a certain move anymore...but yeah to Ubers it goes.

Yeah I suppose that is a possibility. That is one thing that I didn't understand about this Mega Evolution reveal, why not tell us what stats get boosted if its just 2 new Megas? I would have appreciated to know more about this new Mewtwo Mega Evolution.

Years
    Yeah I suppose that is a possibility. That is one thing that I didn't understand about this Mega Evolution reveal, why not tell us what stats get boosted if its just 2 new Megas? I would have appreciated to know more about this new Mewtwo Mega Evolution.
    They proably either plan to reveal more in the official site or they want us to discover on our own...

You know since Mewtwo has two forms and one wasn't featured in the film...it makes one wonder if perhaps there might be another Eeveelution which wasn't featured in the short.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm not entirely happy with the new type chart. While I'm glad that it's weak to Poison, it should've been resistant to Dragon rather than immune, and it shouldn't have resisted Bug. Also, I wish the Ice type resisted it.

Also, Steel loses its resistances to Ghost and Dark? This makes Bronzong, Jirachi, and Metagross cry... Why didn't they give new resistances to the Ice type instead?

I agree with you only on the Dragon part. This is the dumbest mistake that I hope gets rectoned later down the line, but I'll deal with it because thanks to this Fairy Types have a really good chance of being pathetically weak.

Gardevoir is now weak to an element she has always been strong against and even more weak to an Element she was never very good against.

Marill can be taken out by the most common Water Pokemon Tentacool.

I don't understand the reasoning of removing Dark and Ghost from Steel's list. That means Pokemon like Spiritomb and Sableye have more attack targets, not that it really bothers a Mawile, though x4 Resistance would have been more in her favor.

As for Fire being resistant to Fairy, Fire is a "Pure" untaintanble element. One in old stories that was used to commonly dispel the magic of the more evil fairies. Even those fairies could not wield true fire.

Moving to the Pokemon:

The Alpaca is a poodle. OMG CUSTOMIZATION! SO CUTE! I wonder if I can give it a Pompadour XD Going to have fun with it...also called the Normal typing.

The cats...I dunno. I was expecting something else. Doesn't look like the Meowstick rumors went through all the way.

Starters: OMG CHESPIN IS SO ****IN ADORABLE! Froakie looks badass. Fennekin....eh...Magical girl? Looks really stupid. Quadruped into Biped. Looks like her final form is going to stand up right. Really like how they are still pure...Kinda wonder if they'll stay pure all the way through. Chespin's uses a Ground attack, so part ground again maybe....Or Rock since Rock types can still learn Ground attacks....(Don't want Ground since it appears Froakie may go flying based on move types and they wouldn't add an immunity to the starter sets), Froakie seems to be going Flying since they are still emphasising Bounce...though the move doesn't have much to do with flying and it mostly physical relation...hope it stays pure now. Fennekin, still supporting the psychic and looks like a rejected magical girl. Nthx.

The baby Trex is sooooo coool O= The little Ice Brachiosaur is cute. I love its ability. I have a similar ability on a Fakemon I made a while back.

That Brachi will be more of a worry for Dragons than Fairies....Ice typed Hyperbeam...Ice typed Giga Impact. Scary.

Mega Garchomp scared me. TTwTT

Mega Mewtwo X is pure idiocy. They should go and remake the movie to fit in both versions properly into it.

Reposting what I posted in the Fairy type thread cause I thought it was this thread.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Maybe it's Mega will get that ability ;).
    I think we all know what it'll be
    Spoiler:

Guys we just figured out Chespin's final evolution AND its mega evolution! To kotaku!

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Im loving mewtwo x. Something tells me if a third game comes out its gonna have another form. Kinda like a new dexoys. it looks freaking awesome cant wait to use it.

chespins evo is amazing i may end up using it as my starter in Y.

The fire..... well sure why not

Froakie ......well i like it lets see where the next stage takes us

the new pokemon are great.

I love the new type chart i think it will make for a fun metagame

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    They proably either plan to reveal more in the official site or they want us to discover on our own...

You know since Mewtwo has two forms and one wasn't featured in the film...it makes one wonder if perhaps there might be another Eeveelution which wasn't featured in the short.

I don't know. I cant find a valid reason for there to be another Eveelution. For these 2 Mega Mewtwo it has to do with a Mewtwonite X and a Mewtwonite Y or so I think, I'm not really sure I will have to check. With Sylveon it was about the new Fairy type so what do you pair Sylveon with so that the other Eveelution doesn't get overshadowed by the Eveelution with the fresh new type? Thats basically my main concern with adding a new Eveelution, any type you choose wouldn't feel as relevant as Fairy Type.

You could argue that Espeon was paired up with a new type as well, but that generation revealed multiple new types and Umbreon didn't really represent Dark type, it represented along side with Espeon the new game mechanic of Day and Night so they where equal in that sense.

Years
    I don't know. I cant find a valid reason for there to be another Eveelution. For these 2 Mega Mewtwo it has to do with a Mewtwonite X and a Mewtwonite Y or so I think, I'm not really sure I will have to check. With Sylveon it was about the new Fairy type so what do you pair Sylveon with so that the other Eveelution doesn't get overshadowed by the Eveelution with the fresh new type? Thats basically my main concern with adding a new Eveelution, any type you choose wouldn't feel as relevant as Fairy Type.

You could argue that Espeon was paired up with a new type as well, but that generation revealed multiple new types and Umbreon didn't really represent Dark type, it represented along side with Espeon the new game mechanic of Day and Night so they where equal in that sense.

It can be paired with the Dragon type which is another type based of mythical creature. Interestingly Dragon was the nerfed type and Fairy was the nerfer.

Back