• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • I imagine Mega Torterra to be bigger and have taller "mountains" and a taller tree. Maybe it's Ground type will be exchanged for rock. MegaInfernape could have better defenses and have it's arms and hands covered in flames. Also a more red color scheme.

MegaEmboar I see as having much higher defenses (they're some of the lowest if not the lowest out or all final evolve fire starters) so it'll be able to survive for several turns and get to attack, or maybe higher speed...

Yeah I'm hoping that if Unova's starters get Megas they might try and patch up the stats they were lacking in, like having Emboar get usable defenses since his low defenses make him easy kill. Or even buff up Serperior's Attack and Special Attack if it gets a Mega. Given they showed all the final evo starters on that image that showed a list of Pokemon that could have Mega Evolutions, despite some of the confirmed ones missing I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up using more Pokemon from that list.

I feel the new Pokémon in this issue like in the last issue will be overshadowed by the Megas and new type chart.

Yeah same too. It was like how Skiddo, Dedenne and Bunnelby were overshadowed by the announcement of Mega Evolutions itself. But still hoping the type chart turns out good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah I'm hoping that if Unova's starters get Megas they might try and patch up the stats they were lacking in, like having Emboar get usable defenses since his low defenses make him easy kill. Or even buff up Serperior's Attack and Special Attack if it gets a Mega. Given they showed all the final evo starters on that image that showed a list of Pokemon that could have Mega Evolutions, despite some of the confirmed ones missing I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up using more Pokemon from that list.

Yeah same too. It was like how Skiddo, Dedenne and Bunnelby were overshadowed by the announcement of Mega Evolutions itself. But still hoping the type chart turns out good.
    Are you referring to the chart from a couple of days ago? If so apperantly that was for a rental tournament of some sort, not an actual chart of Mega Evolutions. Still all main game starters (minus Pikachu)are still rumored to gain Megas, thus far we've gotten 7 out of 18 so 11 more to go ^_^.

For MegaSamurott they could make it stand like it's first two stages and give it larger swords and some armor looking shells of some kind. They could also maybe give it another type like Steel or Fighting. Also Serperior could be made into Grass/Dragon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The only reason the Mega's overshadowed the new Pokémon was because it was new and exclusive, now that everyone is aware of the Mega Evolutions most people are expecting to see more of them. I'd say that any new Pokémon revealed this month would get much more attention, the type chart will be interesting but a lot of people are focused on seeing new Pokémon revealed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    I will wait to see when it comes out. At the first hint of them showing starter evolutions, i wont look. I am trying to keep a lot of things a surprise. I have this problem with games where i spoil too many things and it ruins the game for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Officially it comes out on the 15th irc, but it may leak on the 11th on the earliest so we have to wait a week to see if there's anything new. After that we'll wait a long month...oh and there's that small chance that the Novermber Corocoro (which comes out next month not actually in Nov.) may come out the day before release...so who knows what we'll get in the next 38 or so days.

Last month they leaked on the 7th/8th iirc.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Last month they leaked on the 7th/8th iirc.

Last month CoroCoro also officially released early due to a holiday being around the normal release day. iirc the release day last month was the 11th or 12th and we usually get the leaks 4 days before so 7th/8th is about the right time we'd have gotten them.

Traditionally though the release is on the 15th and we usually get leaked anywhere from the 10th to the 12th as early sneak peeks and the full thing is sometimes leaked on the 13th or 14th.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll reveal the names of the mid and fully evolved starter Pokemon before release. Can't wait to know what they're called now that I made some speculations.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If the release is back to the usual date being the 15th then we should expect the leak to begin early next week, although we might touch lucky and get it this weekend if the official release is early again.

Years
  • If the release is back to the usual date being the 15th then we should expect the leak to begin early next week, although we might touch lucky and get it this weekend if the official release is early again.
    I heard the early release was only going to be for July and August due to already said holidays falling on the 15th of those months. So next Wendsday at the earliest is when we should start expecting them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I have a huge hope that this CoroCoro leak will showcase the middle stages of the starters. I would say final, but I think that is unlikely, so I will lower my standards. My birthday is on September 12th which is about the time it will leak, so come on Gamefreak, fulfill my birthday wish xD

Years
  • In like 3 days we can start expecting Corocoro leaks...I can't wait to see more Mega Evolutions, and new Pokémon. I also hope we get some new normal evolutions...but at this point it feels Sylveon isn't just the only Eeveelution this gen but the only evolution over all...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    We are actually suppose to get a booklet dedicated to pokemon in the corocoro so we are gonna get a lot more info than usual( number of page wise )

Years
  • We are actually suppose to get a booklet dedicated to pokemon in the corocoro so we are gonna get a lot more info than usual( number of page wise )
    Really? This is the first I hear of one. Well that's awesome. I wonder if maybe this booklet will also have the gym leaders or at least tell us the placement of the gym leaders we already know of.

Years
  • I have a huge hope that this CoroCoro leak will showcase the middle stages of the starters. I would say final, but I think that is unlikely, so I will lower my standards. My birthday is on September 12th which is about the time it will leak, so come on Gamefreak, fulfill my birthday wish xD

You know, me and [supporter]Magmaruby and Aquasapphire[/supporter] were discussing about middle evolution starters and CoroCoro in the Rumors Thread so I think I might try and bring it over here too. I do think there will be a possibility they might reveal middle evolutions for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie like what happened in the last CoroCoro before Black & White's release when they showed Servine, Pignite and Dewott.

Final stages are usually always revealed only after the game release. I bet they'll stick to that tradition.

Years
  • You know, me and [supporter]Magmaruby and Aquasapphire[/supporter] were discussing about middle evolution starters and CoroCoro in the Rumors Thread so I think I might try and bring it over here too. I do think there will be a possibility they might reveal middle evolutions for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie like what happened in the last CoroCoro before Black & White's release when they showed Servine, Pignite and Dewott.

Final stages are usually always revealed only after the game release. I bet they'll stick to that tradition.
    Hoping they do stick to it as like I said many times already I want to surprise myself when they evolve. Also middle stages as you said will give us an idea of how they may look like in the final evolution. Also it may help us determine Fennekin's types. All Fire/Fighting starters are that type by their second stage so if it's not that then the chances of being so drop even more. Now it may just confirm Fire/Psychic too :3.

Years
  • Hoping they do stick to it as like I said many times already I want to surprise myself when they evolve. Also middle stages as you said will give us an idea of how they may look like in the final evolution. Also it may help us determine Fennekin's types. All Fire/Fighting starters are that type by their second stage so if it's not that then the chances of being so drop even more. Now it may just confirm Fire/Psychic too :3.

The middle stages are a good way to give us some idea what final stages may look like, because some were hoping for a knight theme with Chespin, mystical fox with Fennekin and a ninja for Froakie is making me believe of the possibilities they might have to show off those motifs. I think you have an interesting point about Fennekin and those Fire/Fighting starters we've had.

If they do show Fennekin still being pure-Fire in the middle stage, that could increase hopes the final stage might be Fire/Psychic like the rumors stated. So far with the last three Fire starters, Combusken, Monferno and Pignite were all part-Fighting by that stage in their evolution lines. Although given the rumor of Froakie's final stage being part-Fighting I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route and made Froakie dual-Water/Fighting in its middle evolution stage. It would be a good throwback to the Fire/Fighting starters.

And I'll also be wondering if Fennekin might stay a quadruped since every final stage Fire starter so far was a biped. Or even if Chespin stays a biped, but I could see Froakie's line going biped due to the Fighting-type even though 5th Gen did introduce the first quadruped Fighting-types not counting Fist Plate Arceus.

Years
  • The middle stages are a good way to give us some idea what final stages may look like, because some were hoping for a knight theme with Chespin, mystical fox with Fennekin and a ninja for Froakie is making me believe of the possibilities they might have to show off those motifs. I think you have an interesting point about Fennekin and those Fire/Fighting starters we've had.

If they do show Fennekin still being pure-Fire in the middle stage, that could increase hopes the final stage might be Fire/Psychic like the rumors stated. So far with the last three Fire starters, Combusken, Monferno and Pignite were all part-Fighting by that stage in their evolution lines. Although given the rumor of Froakie's final stage being part-Fighting I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route and made Froakie dual-Water/Fighting in its middle evolution stage. It would be a good throwback to the Fire/Fighting starters.

And I'll also be wondering if Fennekin might stay a quadruped since every final stage Fire starter so far was a biped. Or even if Chespin stays a biped, but I could see Froakie's line going biped due to the Fighting-type even though 5th Gen did introduce the first quadruped Fighting-types not counting Fist Plate Arceus.
    Good point on the bipedal final fire starter...even Cyndaquil who spent two stages as quadpedal went on two legs for it's final. I'm hoping it'll stay on all fours. However if it's a Kitsune it may be best for it to be bipedal as it'll make it different from the other Fire typed Kitsune (Ninetales).

I see Chespin staying on two feet like the Treeko line, which is another pipedal grass starter line (the other being Snivy's but since Snivy is based on a snake it lost it's legs during it's final which I doubt Chespin will do xD ).

Years
  • Good point on the bipedal final fire starter...even Cyndaquil who spent two stages as quadpedal went on two legs for it's final. I'm hoping it'll stay on all fours. However if it's a Kitsune it may be best for it to be bipedal as it'll make it different from the other Fire typed Kitsune (Ninetales).

I see Chespin staying on two feet like the Treeko line, which is another pipedal grass starter line (the other being Snivy's but since Snivy is based on a snake it lost it's legs during it's final which I doubt Chespin will do xD ).

There's also being jokes that Fennekin's evolutions being kitsune-like were comparing it to a Digimon character. They could continue the bipedal trend for final-stage Fire starters, maybe they could pull a Cyndaquil like you said above by having a quadruped middle stage and then going biped in the final stage.

But still I can see loads of possibilities here, and for every other new detail they release in the next CoroCoro.

Years
  • There's also being jokes that Fennekin's evolutions being kitsune-like were comparing it to a Digimon character. They could continue the bipedal trend for final-stage Fire starters, maybe they could pull a Cyndaquil like you said above by having a quadruped middle stage and then going biped in the final stage.

But still I can see loads of possibilities here, and for every other new detail they release in the next CoroCoro.
    Oh right the Renamon jokes...maybe I'll nickname mine that

Maybe it could go to bipedal and go back to quad for it's final stage. I don't believe an evolutionary stage has done that yet.

Back