• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • I have a feeling some people might be disappointed in the starter evos. Not to kill the atmosphere for anything, but yeah. u__u Trying not to have high hopes for those in case the worst comes to be and the designs turn out to be unappealing.

Hopefully that's not the case, though!

I don't think so, exept 5th gen starters, I always liked all the starters(exept blaziken and magnium).
    I think the only reason you and most people think so its becuse of 5th gen starters.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Seems like a lot of focus is on the Starter evolutions and Mega evolutions which makes sense, this being the last issue before the release of the games I'm hopefully expecting to see something worthy of a final scoop of information. The main points I'd like to be focus upon for this issue is Mega Evolutions, Team Flare, Gym Leaders & New Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I have a feeling some people might be disappointed in the starter evos. Not to kill the atmosphere for anything, but yeah. u__u Trying not to have high hopes for those in case the worst comes to be and the designs turn out to be unappealing.

Hopefully that's not the case, though!

I always expect one of them to be amazing, one to be alright and one to be a car crash. That's served me fairly well.

Went to bed last night expecting big things when I woke up, but nothing. I have to go away to do something 3 hours from now...so you can thank me when it leaks then. :p

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Typically, CoroCoro leaks 2-4 days prior to its release, which is the 15th. So, it can leak anytime between now and the 12/13th.

It's apparently out on the 14th this month though (due to the 15th being a Sunday which apparently means it can't be released then) so it's anytime from now until then. But the official English site will update in a day or two with the new information (or at least some of it) going by what they've been doing this era.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It just depends because in May & July it leaked on the 11th, then in other months it has leaked on either the 12th or 13th. It usually is mid-week that the leak starts to come through but it's not a certainty that it will be today.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • CoroCoro is leaking!

New mega evolution for Mewtwo confirmed!

MEGA GARCHOMP?!?! The metagame is over.

Years
  • Serebii updated. We have a new Mega Evolution for MewTwo and a Mega Evolution for Garchomp. I can't see the pics tho lol

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    its really hard to see but yeah new mewtwo form and MegaGarchomp :/, bottom right

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "The user with the same ID also posted that the starter evolutions are Gerogashira, Teerunaa, Hariboogu. They're all single typed and Teerunaa, the evolution of Fennekin, stands up. He also lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu which is Rock/Dragon and Amarusu which is Rock/Ice. There is a white dog called Torimian which is Normal-type and a Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu. It also states that Mewtwo is version exclusive. However, as this is not pictured yet, don't take it as 100% confirmed." - Serebii.

These rumors match up to the ones that were posted a few months back from the leaker who "revealed" the new Fairy type.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    MegaGarchomp has teeth on his chest? thats new. The new Mewtwo form look feminine which is cool with me, the Purple color is sort of Magenta now and that thing on its neck look like a boa.

Years
  • OH NO. The starters evolutions are shown in the Corocoro and they are all mono type and Fennekin stands up NO I wanted Fire/Psychic :( omg I don't want to see them

Oh so it is not 100% true. So we will have to wait I guess!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    "The user with the same ID also posted that the starter evolutions are Gerogashira, Teerunaa, Hariboogu. They're all single typed and Teerunaa, the evolution of Fennekin, stands up. He also lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu which is Rock/Dragon and Amarusu which is Rock/Ice. There is a white dog called Torimian which is Normal-type and a Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu. It also states that Mewtwo is version exclusive. However, as this is not pictured yet, don't take it as 100% confirmed." - Serebii.

These rumors match up to the ones that were posted a few months back from the leaker who "revealed" the new Fairy type.

:/ please don't be fighting type.

EDIT: Just noticed, the "single type"

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Alleged Fairy Chart:

Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Alleged Fairy Chart:

Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon

Yay! For the most part, my prediction of the type chart was correct. It's cool how fighting types will now get a run for their money. No more dominating the metagame. The immunity thing with dragon types is kind of eh, but whatever.

Also, I assume by starter evolutions, that these are the second forms. I would be a bit disappointed in pure-type final forms, lol.

Lastly, the fact that Fennekin's evolution stands up kind of puts a smile on my face. I've never grew attached to it, and would only laugh if it becomes /fighting. However, /psychic is what it will most likely become.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Alleged Fairy Chart:

I'm content with this, the thing that surprised me was the resistance to Bug, I like that a lot :).

Back