• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Off The Menu [Aw, ain't you a big tickle?] [T] [OOC]

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
how the fuck did some little tyke get hired by carmine.

ALSO WHAT IS THIS PROMPT, BAILEY LITERALLY GOT THE SNOT BEAT OUTTA HIM BY VORTIGER AND HIS GOONS! QQ'S DAD IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE LMFAO

I hope you're able to handle your shit for this RP and its captious GM, considering you got yourself a waifu to take care of, lololol

Also to answer Glowy: I imagine Vissi as one of the greener employees. That said, her letter which details her resignation from her former profession and decision to apply for Finer Things after getting word from Lil' Fawn was dated on February 4th, just a couple of months prior to the RP's current events.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
The last section of your backstory gave me a smile. I'm open to the idea of a precocious child working here, especially given how well you've explained that away.

Hahaha! Thank you; I'm glad I was able to leave a good impression of Bailey for you! Let's just hope the GM finds the idea acceptable to his standards.

Wait, are you introducing mundane animals into Kiyo's pseudo-50's Pokemon world?

...Oh wait, I just remembered The "Food Chain" section of the OP. I thought for a while that that hadn't made it into the final cut (staying behind in the Workshop), but I was mistaken, it was just hidden in a spoiler collapse table.

Well, this is a clever use of that detail of the universe. G'job.

I appreciate it, although I don't believe I'm the first to mention "prey" in passing, I will say I've definitely made it a focus with Bailey's interests.

Re: The dragon in the Prompt Response:

I had some help with characterization from Your Daily Vitamins, and going off of things that were already publicly said, I just took it a little step further with some of the origins of vocabulary. It was a fine effort between we two. Of course, the prompts are not canon, but it was fun playing around with another player and their characters.

I like how the little guy thinks. I also like the descriptions in your writing style

Precocious is as precocious does! I like to think Bailey is a hint mischievous, among other, more pronounced things. Not so sinister as the wholly self-absorbed and craftily malicious older sisters, mind you, but he's certainly not escaped the influence. Of course, how I end up characterizing him if I am accepted may evolve from a variety of random factors that is so inherent to this medium. I admit that my prompt focused much less on highlighting Bailey's personality, but on his reactions to outside stresses (or so I hope).

And thank you! I really enjoy sensory detail. Whether or not it's written any good is another matter, haha!

Oh yes, I should ask how long you estimate Bailey has been employed here, in comparison with the year-longs like Cadbury and Bun T, and the new workers like Daiquiri (a week).

As of the start of the role-play, he has been employed one month--the same as I listed in the last sentence of his backstory.

how the fuck did some little tyke get hired by carmine.

ALSO WHAT IS THIS PROMPT, BAILEY LITERALLY GOT THE SNOT BEAT OUTTA HIM BY VORTIGER AND HIS GOONS! QQ'S DAD IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE LMFAO

I hope you're able to handle your shit for this RP and its captious GM, considering you got yourself a waifu to take care of, lololol

You don't have to be so negative... :V

Listen, all it took was a whip of his tail. If Bailey had not jumped around so much, all he would have gotten was a little cut while the ropes were slashed, and a big ghost hand picking him up by the head and giving it a little squeeze while he got a stern talking to--before a certain Roswell was called in.

But no, he got demolished.

Now, now, I respect the GM well enough not to call him captious in his own house. I suggest you call him whatever you'd like on his porch, though. Or send him a few very mean letters.

"Waifu". Notice I use the word wife because I actually contribute something to society, Yech.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Bun T said:
poor Jean. The movement of the newly-evolved Pokemon's tentacles reminded B.T of a rather queer human book he had come across. Human anatomy was-

FOCUS. I HAVE TO WORK.
Yeah I know the feeling B.T, I get distracted thinking about tentacles too
Especially "queer" ones

Also, the difference between B.T's internal thoughts and his external dialogue is so vast. It must be a strain to wear that much of a mask. Poor ghost. :<

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Yeah I know the feeling B.T, I get distracted thinking about tentacles too
Especially "queer" ones

Also, the difference between B.T's internal thoughts and his external dialogue is so vast. It must be a strain to wear that much of a mask. Poor ghost. :<

You're a national treasure Glowy, tbh.

Also, yeah, I'm glad that translated well. This dynamic between his inner and outer selves makes B.T very interesting to write. If Bailey gets accepted I hope he would be able to analyse Bun's mind, c:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
@Ech
Ok, I really like Fawnie, she's so fun to listen to. It's a pity she'll probably only be in this post and no others.

I also like the idea of the Milotic place you described. Maybe I'm biased, I have a Milotic character of my own, a shy pretty-boy.

Given how the post opened, I actually didn't expect you to start with a flashback at all, so I was admittedly lost as to what was going on until Kiyo pointed out to me that it is indeed a flashback.
BXtkdBz.png

So why is our girl here having bad acid trips every time she looks at beetles, huh?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Game Related Memes --

7ddxoY3.png
"A journalist, then. May I ask what brought you here?"
-----
Ya got a right good eye keepin' ya steady in case that nose of yours clogs up any more, stuffy. What's with the snobby-poppy temper you're feedin' me? - step back, step back - I just report on big news in the city; I ain't no showstopper myself. Drama's my life, but drama ain't my life, you feel? Loosen up ... you'll look better in the pictures if you do.

-----
There ain't no specific scoop I'm achin' to pick at, but you can bet somethin's gonna happen. All these beaus and beauts in one place? Bound to stir up trouble, one-hundred-percent guarantee. I ain't got time to waste on sippin' champagne - as much as I'd kill for a drink - and ticklin' the bum of some big-wig "oh-ho-ho~", these events are where I punch my clock. Sure, it's tirin' not bein' able to just sit back an enjoy events - if you're a big ol' puss-puss - but I'm tellin' ya it's worth it: media is where the real power is, kid. Don't let their jewels and mustache oil fool ya; I write one bad thing about them in my column, and they might as well lose the number of their hoity-toity producer and file for divorce.

-----
So don't ya go hidin' any material from me, honey badger. I help little folk like ya rise up and have a soapbox to stand on when push comes to shove, so it's in your best interest to scratch my back. Come on, we're pals. I'm trustin' ya.

Afterglow Ampharos has 5 questions left.

Official Business Memes --

Spoiler:

Side Memes --

Spoiler:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
"A journalist, then. May I ask what brought you here?"
-----
Ya got a right good eye keepin' ya steady in case that nose of yours clogs up any more, stuffy. What's with the snobby-poppy temper you're feedin' me? - step back, step back - I just report on big news in the city; I ain't no showstopper myself. Drama's my life, but drama ain't my life, you feel? Loosen up ... you'll look better in the pictures if you do.

-----
There ain't no specific scoop I'm achin' to pick at, but you can bet somethin's gonna happen. All these beaus and beauts in one place? Bound to stir up trouble, one-hundred-percent guarantee. I ain't got time to waste on sippin' champagne - as much as I'd kill for a drink - and ticklin' the bum of some big-wig "oh-ho-ho~", these events are where I punch my clock. Sure, it's tirin' not bein' able to just sit back an enjoy events - if you're a big ol' puss-puss - but I'm tellin' ya it's worth it: media is where the real power is, kid. Don't let their jewels and mustache oil fool ya; I write one bad thing about them in my column, and they might as well lose the number of their hoity-toity producer and file for divorce.

-----
So don't ya go hidin' any material from me, honey badger. I help little folk like ya rise up and have a soapbox to stand on when push comes to shove, so it's in your best interest to scratch my back. Come on, we're pals. I'm trustin' ya.​

Cadbury took a moment to recondition his ego. He wasn't thrilled with being called "little folk," but of course there was no way this skunk could have known Cadbury was a renowned butler and not simply normal wait staff. He held his tongue.

"Well, if you change your mind about that drink, do let one of us know," he said, pulling together a smile in spite of the thoughts gone through his mind a moment ago. Speaking of smiling, he really should take her advice. Loosen up. He made a mental note, and Claudette noticed the Linoone's shoulders relax.

He had his doubts that Claudette's column was quite as powerful and influential as she made it out to be, but at the same time, it was not exactly a surprise to hear her talking up her work.

"Nothing to hide at the moment," he said, holding up both palms, but smiling to show he was mostly using the defensive gesture in jest. A jesture. "But it is likely to be a long and eventful evening, yes. Here's hoping you'll have good news to deliver, hm?" The joke was on Cadbury: bad news sells far better.

"If anything newsworthy transpires, I'll try to keep you in mind -- assuming you aren't already all over it. You very well may be. Although... It does sound as if you're quite keen on using your journalistic power to topple the livelihood of a higher-up." He leaned in slightly with both paws behind his back, his posture treading the line between dignified and conspiratorial. "I don't suppose you have your barrel pointed at anyone in particular...?"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Questions for Claudette!

Do you have your eye on anyone in particular tonight- anyone who tends to make the papers more than others? Who here have you written about before?

Reactions: Ech

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
My only question concerns the visibility of the "energy" that emits off these abilities. I'm wondering if some, if not all, of these techniques emit a "light," per se. In the games for instance, Hypnosis is commonly portrayed as the user unleashing yellow rings into the mind of their target; Confusion and other telekinetic moves surround the target with a pink or purple glow, etc. Do you plan on doing something similar? The way you describe them here - and an instance in your prompt - could go in either direction.

For Hypnosis, I imagined it to be an enticing swirl of colors glowing from his eyes that reflects in the target's eyes too. Confusion will have a thin lining aura of pink, but Teleport I imagine is just so quick and really only affects Bailey and what he's holding that it wouldn't matter to indicate a glow. Yeah? Would you prefer I edit my app to reflect this?

Even SUs are becoming JPs. That's really cool, actually! I love the way it fosters consistent worldbuilding and connects characters together. You and Cam did some nice work: besides your random tendency to jump into the present tense, there weren't that many critical comments I had to make!

I did jump my tenses, didn't I? You'll have to excuse me, in my eagerness to 'get it done' I skimped out on thoroughly proofreading. Yikes, I know, a real folly for this medium, but I'll be sure to clean up for IC posts, now that I'm approved.

And thank you for the praise! I'll take it to heart.

As for a few comments on your comments:

Spoiler:

Now, where is Bailey to start?

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Jauntier said:
Oh no, it meant to read that there were three places he wanted to visit, and an old toy store was place number two.
I also read it this way, for the record. It was clear enough in my head, though I could also see room for confusion.

Do you have a ballpark or even an exact number for the Ralts's age?
Perhaps also for what you might estimate his mental age to be? I know that's hard to really nail down, since in some aspects he would act his age, some he might act like an adult, some in between (teen?), so if this question is flawed from the get-go I totally get that. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Lil' Fawn
2bKHq8U.png
Now, who was the silly sweet tart who thought Lil' ol' me was exclusive for just that one scene~?

Cleo, darling!~ What a pleasure to meet you! Oh, can I call you Cleo? You look more like a Cleo than a Claudette. A Claudette is someone I imagine as grossly incompetent -- you know the one; they're the type who don't cuff their pants when wearing ankle booties or wake you up just to ask if you were asleep.

Gotta say, just l-o-o-ove that style you're rocking'! Why that lid of yours is positively spiffy, and your hair is simply gorgeous! I should get a fedora, but I feel like the size of my head's is simply incompatible with the sizes currently available. Oh, they don't make them in pink either. But, enough about my incessant blabbering, let us dive into the juicy parts!

I'm going to presume you've been a newshound for quite some time, as I would not bother talking to you otherwise -- no offense, of course; that wouldn't affect my opinion regarding your fashion. And running off the assumption that you've written countless articles on countless subjects, might I ask for an opinion. That is, have you ever felt it was necessary, or even considered it a prerequisite, to embellish the truth before it's printed out? You know, like sharing gossip except it's actually totally true and you also get paid for it?

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Do you have a ballpark or even an exact number for the Ralts's age?
Perhaps also for what you might estimate his mental age to be? I know that's hard to really nail down, since in some aspects he would act his age, some he might act like an adult, some in between (teen?), so if this question is flawed from the get-go I totally get that. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Bailey is like a ten-year-old. I can't put a number to his mentality though, for the same reasons you gave.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
-----
Jean-Georges enjoyed the spectacle of his silky friend jumping from seat to seat doing impressions of the guests. He wasn't entirely sure why the badger insisted he doodle during the improvisations, but he was happy to oblige and present his work when requested:

Spoiler:

-----
The Octillery pointed to the logo at the top of a menu, and shot Cadbury a joyful look while wiggling his tentacles. He hoped his sketch provided ample payment for the theatrics.

There's a Grapes of Wrath joke in here

But I can't suss it out.

P.S. "silky friend" is dang cute

P.P.S. Cadbury couldn't even hold his usual smiling icon together for this last post.

Edit: Hah! That's one way to make cash, Qui-Qui. Nice job.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Hors d'oeuvre --

7ddxoY3.png
"I don't suppose you have your barrel pointed at anyone in particular...?"
-----
Woah-oh-oh, ya know I got my guns pointed at that ambassador chick. She spills wine on a designer dress, I got the front page ... above the fold. She lays a smooch on the cheek of a pal: bam - who's this sheik stealin' up her heart? - continued on page three! H-e-l-l-o kid, I'll be eatin' for weeks if I snap of pic of her breathin' the wrong way.

-----
Not to say I mean to harm the poor thing. I've read quite a few tabloids praisin' her foreign policy or some such; she seems like the kind of gal I'd vote for to put pushy bureaucrats in their place, definitely, but ... we all got people we need to look out for, ya know? I got a gal back home waitin' every night - bless her heart, don't know what she sees in me - and ... she counts on me. I'm sure the ambassador wouldn't hesitate to pick at my career for the sake of her fam. Even if she ruined me, it'd be somethin' I'd understand.

-----
Ah - uh, actually, can I have tha ... that drink - ah, no, sorry-sorry-sorry; nah, I'm good, nevermind.

"Who here have you written about before?"
-----
Uh-oh, I can tell someone ain't readin' my stories. Lemme take a look around - hm, haw, who haven't I ever-ever talked about - oh, right, everyone in this room is somebody I've snipped at once or another; silly question boo-boo, better luck next time.

-----
Though I guess I'm bein' unfair here ... the head honchos of this place - Finer Things, I means - they're an elusive bunch. Sure, I'd love to sink my teeth into Carmine or Lombardi, but what am I gonna write a whole column about? That accent? That temper? Pl-ease, I've heard and seen better from better. Ya can smash an apple and call it a pie, but ya can't serve up a Thanksgivin' Dessert if ya don't even got apple seeds; ya feel me, sweetie?

"Have you ever felt it was necessary to embellish the truth?"
-----
Who the hell is "Cleo," who are ya talkin' to? Me? Uh-nah, no, ya can't call me Cleo, that ain't my bloody name. Ya were almost right on that last part though, with Claudette ... 'cept I'm more likely to put people back to sleep forever if they keep tryin' to call me "Cleo." And ... thanks, I supposes. The babe back home does my fur. Says it makes me look more approachable.

-----
Ah, I see, everybody want to know how much I gotta lie. Well, Cakes, I'll let ya into an exclusive one-of-a-kind secret: if ya good at this job, ya don't gotta lie. Ya just use a fancy word to beef up what happened, then let logic follow through: she picked her nose? Nah, she gouged her nose. What does one do when their nose is all bloody? Why, I'd go to the doctor and get my schnoz fixed - what was that, nose surgery, wow! - aaaaand there ya are, the day column's written, ya off to an early lunch, and the paparazzi are bangin' down the star's front door before they've taken their finger out. Now, how does that diff-er-en-tiate from straight-up lyin'?

-----
Because I got a reputation, and it says I don't lie. Ya feel? Besides, I ain't got ... much, to lie about in my own life. I ain't good at real lies, I barely got practice.

Afterglow Ampharos has 4 questions left.
Ech as 5 questions left.
Thank you for participating, Aquacorde!

Entrée --

Spoiler:

Dessert --

You have been able to respond IC since April 3rd, and it is now your ninth day without posting. You are becoming inactive, and I need a post from you ASAP or your character may be removed from the RP.​

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
I'm sorry for not posting but I was too busy being intoxicated with the feeling of relaxation that comes after the end of high school. I'll be more regular now.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
YO WHERE MY CESSPOOL AT, THIS OOC AIN'T BEING CRITICAL AND MEMEY ENOUGH

Lil' Fawn
2bKHq8U.png
I wonder when I'll make a physical appearance in the IC~

Oh, my heavens! I'm terribly sorry, I wasn't trying to insinuate you were whitewashing any of your published work!

But, oh! I can relate! You see, I believe there are many ways on telling the truth! My peers often depicted me as a little frivolous flower and erroneously label all my facts as childish hyperbole. But see, I remember talking to this one guy who eavesdropped on me chit-chatting with some other guy, and this guy - I think he was one of them big-nosed cuties who could only face one direction? - was proclaiming how our cheese is one molecule off from being toxic. I mean, he was cute but he was also such a BORE. Like, hey do you want to read my article on how exactly moss grows on the back of a Torterra? Like, who cares about moss. I'd rather hear how the moss could potentially turn those big shelled terrapins into mutated zombies! I mean, it's not necessarily untrue; he did say there was a potential risk this moss could harm the Torterra species. And that's way more interesting than going into technobabble about moss.

Anyways, what am I talking about? Cheesy moss? That's gross, like, ew. My point is, I never meant to imply you were a two-bit liar, oh, no, no, no! But what is this? You claim you are not a good liar? Oh, stop with that pish posh! I bet you are an adept liar at heart, the best even! Why, I'd be totally interested in hearing you lie about your life right now! What kind of upbringing did you have, Clausandra?

... I'm still determined to give you a different name. Claudette sounds like it's the name of someone's naggy grandma, the one who never bakes you any cookies but still expects you to do their chores; their reasoning for your obedience is because they are old and you should care about them.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Science fiction (ooh ooh ooh) double feature
Doctor X (ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature
See androids fighting (ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet
Anne Francis stars in (ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet
Wo oh oh oh oh oh, at the late night, double feature, picture show

I would like to inform the group that the Guest List for Claudette will end at 7:20 PM (in-character time). I'll hold off answering Ech's question until I get at least one more for this round. Also, no Ihsaan, you don't need fancy CSS to ask a question.

Anyway, here are my commentary reels for the current stack of posts (#1-#24)!

Cadbury, played by Afterglow Ampharos:

Spoiler:

Qui-Qui, played by Your Daily Vitamins:

Spoiler:

B.T., played by Ihsaan:

Spoiler:

Vissi, played by Ech:

Spoiler:

Bailey, played by Jauntier:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Look at this critical commentary. Absolutely atrocious. 7/10, too many memes.

Anyways, I feel it'd be a waste not to make use of this thread, and by extension, the forums. I want to reply back to some things, since some of your insight and interpretations intrigue me.

Spoiler:

Anyways, that was a fun read! I wanted to comment on your quips for the others, but I feel it's best if they respond back first. So I hope you know that all that effort on writing all that out wasn't for naught (even though only like five people will read this). I kinda hope this encourages everyone to also share their own commentary on the IC posts. It's just interesting to know how everyone interprets each scene from each character.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Cadbury, played by Afterglow Ampharos:
Spoiler:

Qui-Qui, played by Your Daily Vitamins:
Spoiler:

B.T., played by Ihsaan:
Spoiler:

Vissi, played by Ech:
Spoiler: